Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin Thread 08:32 - May 24 with 5579 viewsModeratorB

May be more user friendly to add all thoughts in one post.
Russell Martin Thread on 09:16 - May 24 with 3424 viewsonehunglow

I’m trying to think of something with a little levity regarding this chap who is still being paid by our club to coach players

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin Thread on 09:23 - May 24 with 3422 viewsJack11

It’s all gone quiet and since it was announced that he was a dead cert, their CEO has had the chop. Using social media as a gauge, the reaction from Saints fans was lukewarm at best too. Strange that it’s gone from nailed on to radio silence.
Russell Martin Thread on 09:26 - May 24 with 3413 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin Thread on 09:23 - May 24 by Jack11

It’s all gone quiet and since it was announced that he was a dead cert, their CEO has had the chop. Using social media as a gauge, the reaction from Saints fans was lukewarm at best too. Strange that it’s gone from nailed on to radio silence.

It’s a worry.
We were told it’s nailed on.
Well,nails fall out if not hammered properly in and our club is no Joiner
Right now,it’s very bad a position to be in,as Martin is clearly now distracted .
The process

Russell Martin Thread on 09:30 - May 24 with 3415 viewsJack11

Russell Martin Thread on 09:26 - May 24 by onehunglow

It’s a worry.
We were told it’s nailed on.
Well,nails fall out if not hammered properly in and our club is no Joiner
Right now,it’s very bad a position to be in,as Martin is clearly now distracted .
The process

Yeah it was supposed to be done in 24 hours 48 hours ago, so something is going on. Reminiscent of Cooper flirting with Palace and never coming back, so the owners do have previous when a manager clearly wants out and it falls through. We shall see, but it’s becoming a mess.
Russell Martin Thread on 09:47 - May 24 with 3369 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin Thread on 09:30 - May 24 by Jack11

Yeah it was supposed to be done in 24 hours 48 hours ago, so something is going on. Reminiscent of Cooper flirting with Palace and never coming back, so the owners do have previous when a manager clearly wants out and it falls through. We shall see, but it’s becoming a mess.

I'd love it if he doesn't go, the fallout on here would be magnificent 👌
Russell Martin Thread on 09:54 - May 24 with 3361 viewsWhiterockin

How is it becoming a mess. Martin has verbally agreed terms as I understand it. His severance is in his contract, they either pay or not. If he wants SOME of his background staff negotiations have to be agreed. If he doesn't want them all they will need to be paid off, as any new manager will want his own staff, that's how it works. Southampton want the best deal for them we want the best deal for us, that's what negotiations are all about. It's not your or my money so relax and sit it out. Worst case scenario is he goes on gardening leave until someone comes along, either way he's gone.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russell Martin Thread on 09:57 - May 24 with 3337 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin Thread on 09:47 - May 24 by Fireboy2

Either way he's gone mate, there's no way back for him. Big reset coming this summer enjoy the ride.

Russell Martin Thread on 10:02 - May 24 with 3323 viewsonehunglow

No,you wouldn’t .
You really have to quit this super fan stuff.
Him not going now is actually worse.
You know it,I know it.

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin Thread on 10:03 - May 24 with 3319 viewsvetchonian

As probably the most vocal dissenter of our manager I am in record given the performances at tye end of the season that i would be happy for him to have time next season si ni fall out from me

I guess though many will shout about loyalty etc should he stay though it seems unlikely as it seems that perhapsvour ownership were going to sack him anyway

Who knows but there will a section if posters who if he remains will shout him down as hot being committed

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin Thread on 10:06 - May 24 with 3300 viewsonehunglow

Maybe ,we need to re read that which has been posted Sunday .
First, he was never going anywhere,now he is effectively gone.
And we are supposed to simply lie down like supine puppies .

Of course it’s a mess,just like our transfer windows.

Finally, I have said in the past of how mortified some would be at his leaving . Looking around social media, I am utterly vindicated. No coach has ever had so much support for achieving so little.
It’s like we ve all been Stepford Wives ..
Incredible

Get him gone and today ,whatever it takes.

Russell Martin Thread on 10:08 - May 24 with 3302 viewsJack11

Russell Martin Thread on 09:54 - May 24 by Whiterockin

How is it becoming a mess. Martin has verbally agreed terms as I understand it. His severance is in his contract, they either pay or not. If he wants SOME of his background staff negotiations have to be agreed. If he doesn't want them all they will need to be paid off, as any new manager will want his own staff, that's how it works. Southampton want the best deal for them we want the best deal for us, that's what negotiations are all about. It's not your or my money so relax and sit it out. Worst case scenario is he goes on gardening leave until someone comes along, either way he's gone.

I’m totally relaxed but my observations are that an announcement was going to be made a couple of days ago. That deadline has passed. In that timeframe, their CEO has gone. Was Martin his man? That’s unclear. Currently we have a manager whose head has been turned, who is still here despite it being stated that he’d be announced as their manager by now. Everything you’ve said about negotiations is right but has usually happened in the background before the media make the kind of announcements they were making over the weekend. We’ll just have to see how it pans out but my point remains that it’s becoming a mess the longer it drags on.
Russell Martin Thread on 10:10 - May 24 with 3285 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin Thread on 10:06 - May 24 by onehunglow

Maybe ,we need to re read that which has been posted Sunday .
First, he was never going anywhere,now he is effectively gone.
And we are supposed to simply lie down like supine puppies .

Of course it’s a mess,just like our transfer windows.

Finally, I have said in the past of how mortified some would be at his leaving . Looking around social media, I am utterly vindicated. No coach has ever had so much support for achieving so little.
It’s like we ve all been Stepford Wives ..
Incredible

Get him gone and today ,whatever it takes.

He wasn’t going anywhere last season.
The very well informed reports from Corny have explained what has happened, if you choose not to read them or understand them that’s up to you.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin Thread on 10:11 - May 24 with 3277 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin Thread on 10:08 - May 24 by Jack11

I’m totally relaxed but my observations are that an announcement was going to be made a couple of days ago. That deadline has passed. In that timeframe, their CEO has gone. Was Martin his man? That’s unclear. Currently we have a manager whose head has been turned, who is still here despite it being stated that he’d be announced as their manager by now. Everything you’ve said about negotiations is right but has usually happened in the background before the media make the kind of announcements they were making over the weekend. We’ll just have to see how it pans out but my point remains that it’s becoming a mess the longer it drags on.

Your point is what most are thinking.
He was gone,apparently.
Well,he s not and our gloriously inept owners are at it again.
As regards his head being turned,the process was all about Russ and how the impressive but sophistical statistics would stand him in good stead for a more lucrative job. Theprocess was all about him all along the way .
Loved the fans ,loved to fist pump,the beautiful city etc, we ve heard it all before .
[Post edited 24 May 2023 10:14]

Russell Martin Thread on 10:12 - May 24 with 3274 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin Thread on 10:11 - May 24 by onehunglow

Your point is what most are thinking.
He was gone,apparently.
Well,he s not and our gloriously inept owners are at it again.
As regards his head being turned,the process was all about Russ and how the impressive but sophistical statistics would stand him in good stead for a more lucrative job. Theprocess was all about him all along the way .
Loved the fans ,loved to fist pump,the beautiful city etc, we ve heard it all before .
[Post edited 24 May 2023 10:14]

This isn’t inept. And he has gone, you can be rest assured of that.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60267/swansea-city-fight

This post has been edited by an administrator

Russell Martin Thread on 11:44 - May 24 with 3137 viewssw02sea

Makes you wonder why any self respecting, savvy manager (having carried out his own due diligence on our owners)would entertain dealing with these duplicitous, devious, blood sucking hedgfunders, who will renegade on any promises made at the drop of a Stetson.
Where’s is there a Martin Morgan (plus consortium) type, when you need him/them ?
I look at Wrexham and see what a lift, good ownership of a football club can do for the whole town/city.
It brings in money, investment and most of all hope for the future.
My only hope is that our owners, by bringing in “new” investors might just might, realise that the big fat Premiership Golden goose is there for the taking, if only they could put their hands in their pockets for once.
Russell Martin Thread on 12:05 - May 24 with 3100 viewsbuilthjack

He will be in the Saints hot seat by close of play today.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russell Martin Thread on 12:06 - May 24 with 3090 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin Thread on 12:05 - May 24 by builthjack

He will be in the Saints hot seat by close of play today.

Really?

Russell Martin Thread on 12:17 - May 24 with 3077 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin Thread on 12:06 - May 24 by onehunglow

Really?

Yup

Russell Martin Thread on 12:42 - May 24 with 3029 viewsbuilthjack

Russell Martin Thread on 12:06 - May 24 by onehunglow

Really?

Keep up

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russell Martin Thread on 12:42 - May 24 with 3029 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin Thread on 12:17 - May 24 by KeithHaynes

Yup

I do hope so , perhaps then we can look to the future rather than continue banging on about the past . Hopefully this will be seen as a positive move by the Club with a planned exit with contingency plans in place so a smooth transition can take place . Hopefully

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin Thread on 12:44 - May 24 with 3015 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin Thread on 12:53 - May 24 with 2981 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin Thread on 12:42 - May 24 by builthjack

Keep up

I can keep it up alright
Fear not.
By the end of the day then …

Russell Martin Thread on 13:13 - May 24 with 2951 viewsWhiterockin

Who said there was a deadline. Negotiations take place and when a deal is done they are concluded. If no agreement is made the deal is off. I didn't see any side saying there was a deadline.

Russell Martin Thread on 13:21 - May 24 with 2920 viewsraynor94

All you had to do was have a bit of patience.

Negotiations seems to have gone quite quickly, they weren't going to announce Martin until Selles was told he was going

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russell Martin Thread on 13:24 - May 24 with 2911 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin Thread on 13:21 - May 24 by raynor94

All you had to do was have a bit of patience.

Negotiations seems to have gone quite quickly, they weren't going to announce Martin until Selles was told he was going

Rock on Ray

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024