Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson released by Wolves 14:15 - Jun 3 with 9947 views49thseason

We need a couple of fullbacks.....
https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/mens-first-team/20230602-hobbs-provides-first-team

"six members of the under-21s squad will depart Wolves during the summer, including Taylor Perry, who joined as a seven-year-old and Luke Matheson who signed for Wolves in January 2020, with fresh challenges hopefully awaiting all".
Matheson released by Wolves on 16:36 - Jun 5 with 3543 viewsSaxonDale

Difficult one to predict with Matheson. Given his record since going out on loan, I can't see too many league 1 or 2 clubs going in for him as his current level seems below that. I suspect he'll be in for a hefty wage decrease wherever he ends up. Can perhaps see him going to a club like Coventry and them giving him another year or two in their development squad Tavares style. If not, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him go abroad.
Matheson released by Wolves on 17:17 - Jun 5 with 3452 views49thseason

Matheson released by Wolves on 16:36 - Jun 5 by SaxonDale

Difficult one to predict with Matheson. Given his record since going out on loan, I can't see too many league 1 or 2 clubs going in for him as his current level seems below that. I suspect he'll be in for a hefty wage decrease wherever he ends up. Can perhaps see him going to a club like Coventry and them giving him another year or two in their development squad Tavares style. If not, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him go abroad.

I suspect he needs a supportive environment if he is to regain some confidence and start enjoying his football again. He probably won't get that anywhere else, especially if he is picking up a decent wage. On the other hand whilst we may not be able to match other wages, its more likely he would thrive under McNulty. I reckon its worth making the offer at least. Being farmed out to Hamilton Academicals and Scunthorpe, even under Hilly, can't have been much fun.
Matheson released by Wolves on 20:27 - Jun 5 with 3235 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson released by Wolves on 14:45 - Jun 5 by NorthernDale

I serious doubt McNulty as done any research on the NL, his approach is to play possession football, pass it sideways and backwards because he admits that the football he prefers to watch and what the board wants. I know some Oldham fans who say the standard is better then you expect and yes, with fast, physical and big players. I doubt if anyone connected with the club, fully understands the nature of the NL.

What evidence do you have to 'serious doubt McNulty as done any research on the NL'?

Surely part of the interview process would have involved just that.

There has been a series of interviews with him in the Observer recently. I've posted Saturday's here where he references the National League quite a lot. You may need to zoom in to read it.

I really think these interviews should have also been shared via the club's channels as well, though.

[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 20:28]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson released by Wolves on 20:34 - Jun 5 with 3212 viewsEllDale

Encouraging read.
Makes a nice change for the Observer to take the initiative as well. For a long time all they seemed to do was regurgitate the club’s press releases.
One thing that has struck is me is that we haven’t seen any official notification of who BJ’s assistant and/or coaching staff are?
Those appointments could be crucial.
Matheson released by Wolves on 18:10 - Jun 7 with 2708 viewspnc4eva1

Depending on his wage demands I'd have him back and play him right wing

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Matheson released by Wolves on 09:02 - Jun 9 with 2370 viewselectricblue

Matheson released by Wolves on 20:27 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

What evidence do you have to 'serious doubt McNulty as done any research on the NL'?

Surely part of the interview process would have involved just that.

There has been a series of interviews with him in the Observer recently. I've posted Saturday's here where he references the National League quite a lot. You may need to zoom in to read it.

I really think these interviews should have also been shared via the club's channels as well, though.

[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 20:28]

Interesting read from JM but reading that and thinking of youngsters in a physical league the JM needs a rethink....

JM better start to bring in a few players as the squad is getting low now.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Matheson released by Wolves on 11:43 - Jun 9 with 2199 viewsEllDale

Matheson released by Wolves on 18:10 - Jun 7 by pnc4eva1

Depending on his wage demands I'd have him back and play him right wing

There are all sorts of options open to the lad.
He's academically bright so he might decide to concentrate on a degree course and play parttime?
You'd think that any player leaving a Premiership club would have EFL options though.
Matheson released by Wolves on 16:38 - Jun 10 with 1946 viewsEllDale

Another thing that strikes me is that we don’t know what sort of formation BJ favours.
Is he a disciple of 3-5-2?
Or will he decide to play 4-3-3?
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson released by Wolves on 12:31 - Jun 11 with 1529 viewselectricblue

Matheson released by Wolves on 16:38 - Jun 10 by EllDale

Another thing that strikes me is that we don’t know what sort of formation BJ favours.
Is he a disciple of 3-5-2?
Or will he decide to play 4-3-3?

A decent coach/manager will use what formation suits beating the opposition....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Matheson released by Wolves on 15:04 - Jun 11 with 1336 viewsJames1980

Matheson released by Wolves on 12:31 - Jun 11 by electricblue

A decent coach/manager will use what formation suits beating the opposition....

Doesn't a decent manager have a formation and style that fits the players at their disposal. Makes changes within a game when necessary. If the formation changed from game to game depending on the opposition I'm not sure it sends the right message to the players.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024