Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart 10:00 - Jul 5 with 7396 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60428/abraham-odoh-set-to-d

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:10 - Jul 5 with 5523 viewsBainesy15

Odd one for me this. On the one hand, I understand him wanting to leave to continue playing in the EFL. On the other, surely a season dropping down a level to actually provide some goals and assists would help him get a better move to maybe even an upper L1 team?

I've always thought the only thing keeping him at Dale's level was his (frankly awful) end product, maybe a move will finally help him improve it!
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:46 - Jul 5 with 5393 viewsBrierls

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:10 - Jul 5 by Bainesy15

Odd one for me this. On the one hand, I understand him wanting to leave to continue playing in the EFL. On the other, surely a season dropping down a level to actually provide some goals and assists would help him get a better move to maybe even an upper L1 team?

I've always thought the only thing keeping him at Dale's level was his (frankly awful) end product, maybe a move will finally help him improve it!

Pretty much agree with this.

I thought he might light up the NL, but we can hardly consider him a huge loss given his awful stats for goal contributions.

I'll watch with interest how he gets on at Harrogate. As a new signing, I'm sure fans will love him. If he can somehow discover any kind of killer instinct in and around goal, he won't be at L2 level for long. If he doesn't, he'll be at NL level.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:52 - Jul 5 with 5377 viewsAtThePeake

Over the moon with this if we've managed to get a fee.

4 goals and 3 assists in 91 appearances as a winger is embarrassing. Yes he is quick and yes he can dribble and to be fair to him, I never got the impression that he was giving anything other than 100% which is more than can be said for a few of the players we've had in the last couple of seasons, but you can't carry players in the final third that aren't going to offer any sort of end product on a consistent basis. Pace and effort are easily replaceable.

Ball next hopefully!

Tangled up in blue.

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 11:44 - Jul 5 with 5217 viewsDrigdale

Have to say that Odoh flattered to deceive for quite a while, the stats show this. I always thought that he did all his trickery in our own half and lost his bearings anywhere near the opponents penalty box.
One thing for sure is that with Odoh, Kelly and Lloyd leaving we should have more of a physical presence for the National League.
Cant disagree much with how McNulty has trimmed the squad but now would like to see more signings.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 12:17 - Jul 5 with 5052 viewsAtThePeake

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 11:44 - Jul 5 by Drigdale

Have to say that Odoh flattered to deceive for quite a while, the stats show this. I always thought that he did all his trickery in our own half and lost his bearings anywhere near the opponents penalty box.
One thing for sure is that with Odoh, Kelly and Lloyd leaving we should have more of a physical presence for the National League.
Cant disagree much with how McNulty has trimmed the squad but now would like to see more signings.

The signings will come, but I hope there's still a bit more trimming to do as well, tbh.

Tangled up in blue.

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 12:48 - Jul 5 with 4910 viewsSaxonDale

I thought in the last few months he showed he had something and was starting to play better- really disappointed he has gone. Surprised he hasn't moved back south or held off for a better offer which could've come as others have said after a decent season in the NL. I don't think Stockdale in particular knew how to get the best out of him. and you'd have to say BBM didn't get many signings wrong.

Warnock has said before that to be competitive in football you need a goal scorer, ball carrier and 9 battlers. Think Odoh is capable of ticking off the middle one so I hope we have put a sell-on and I presume we have got a modest fee considering we
chose to exercise the extra year in his contract.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 12:55]
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 13:34 - Jul 5 with 4711 viewsNewbury_Dale

I doubt the fee will be big with Harrogate the buyers, but sensible business from the club. Too inconsistent for me and not disappointed to see him moved on tbh.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 14:37 - Jul 5 with 4499 viewselectricblue

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 12:17 - Jul 5 by AtThePeake

The signings will come, but I hope there's still a bit more trimming to do as well, tbh.

More trimming besides Campbell!

The squad is short of a Gk, LB, AM,,LW...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 14:46 - Jul 5 with 4466 viewsDareToCalvin

Very much echo what others have said; always worked hard for us with very little return. Not a big loss at all and I found him incredibly frustrating to watch because I know there is a player in there, but he didn't show it enough. However, I wish him well.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 15:42 - Jul 5 with 4270 views49thseason

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 13:34 - Jul 5 by Newbury_Dale

I doubt the fee will be big with Harrogate the buyers, but sensible business from the club. Too inconsistent for me and not disappointed to see him moved on tbh.

Lets hope a (albeit small) fee and his salary will enable a better olayer to be brought in to replace him. Anyone capable of providing a few assists and scoring the occasional goal will be an improvement...or is Moe Shubbar the intended replacement,? In which case the " get Lloyd in" pot must be filling up nicely.
Still short of a goalkeeper at the absolute minimum and hoping for Lloyd plus another forward at least.... oh , and a left back
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 15:46 - Jul 5 with 4251 viewstony_roch975

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 14:46 - Jul 5 by DareToCalvin

Very much echo what others have said; always worked hard for us with very little return. Not a big loss at all and I found him incredibly frustrating to watch because I know there is a player in there, but he didn't show it enough. However, I wish him well.

I buy a ticket to be excited by some skill & effort - Odoh has both, our lack of goals in the last 2 seasons was a whole squad weakness. A big miss for me.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 16:19 - Jul 5 with 4125 viewsAtThePeake

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 14:37 - Jul 5 by electricblue

More trimming besides Campbell!

The squad is short of a Gk, LB, AM,,LW...

Yup, I'd like Ball and John to go too. There's still plenty of time to sign replacements.

Tangled up in blue.

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 16:19 - Jul 5 with 4123 viewsnordenblue

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 15:46 - Jul 5 by tony_roch975

I buy a ticket to be excited by some skill & effort - Odoh has both, our lack of goals in the last 2 seasons was a whole squad weakness. A big miss for me.

"Skill and effort" sadly comes to no end product, no use looking good dribbling in our own half then when he gets into the final third he looks like someone's suddenly blindfolded him
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 16:34 - Jul 5 with 4052 viewsdawlishdale

I think it sums up exactly the state of the club today when I find myself somewhat disappointed to be losing Odoh.

Not because he is a good player, but because he is well above average in our current squad, and someone that was contracted for another season. He certainly has potential if nothing else and his pace does worry opposition defenders.

In almost any other squad I wouldn't bat an eyelid to see him leave, but I reckon he might have been useful for us in the coming season.

Strange times.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 18:20 - Jul 5 with 3740 viewsDaley_Lama

Our squad will be smaller this season i assume due to financial reasons.
Our squad will be larger this season i assume due to physical departures.

I will not shed a tear for any departure this summer including this one as i can still remember many a game last season and i shudder at the thought of the team performance.

If a player goes on to be a world beater for example Odoh, good luck to them, obviously our club was not right for them in the first place.

Skilful , always tried, little end product, played better up front/attacking midfielder in the last few games than most other games.

Good luck young man.

Poll: DF in or out

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 18:52 - Jul 5 with 3612 viewsNorthernDale

Odoh is a frustrating player, in that he as all the attributes, but as more then poster as pointed out, his end product is his achilles weakness, but I thought his pace would be useful this coming season. But good luck to him.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 19:05 - Jul 5 with 3569 viewsSuddenLad

I wish him well, but I was tired of seeing absolutely no end product. You just knew he was going to kick it too far ahead, or lose possession.

Very quick, and a real prospect when he arrived, but he's the same player now as he was then. There has been no improvement in him so he needs to try elsewhere and see if he can kick-on to the next level. I hope he has better luck elsewhere. My patience is done.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 19:44 - Jul 5 with 3459 viewsste1

The squad rebuild seems pretty sensible to me, but whether the incoming players have sufficient quality I've no idea. Let's hope that the MRKT algorithm knows what it's doing! I asked ChatGPT but it had no idea...

On a pale blue dot

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:49 - Jul 5 with 3307 viewsNigelWatson

Very luck to get an EFL gig: he must have a brilliant agent!
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:51 - Jul 5 with 3302 viewsNigelWatson

Worked hard?
I'll have a pint of whatever you have been on lad.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 20:51]
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 21:09 - Jul 5 with 3224 viewskel

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:51 - Jul 5 by NigelWatson

Worked hard?
I'll have a pint of whatever you have been on lad.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 20:51]

You didn’t like him for two reasons.

1) he dared to chew gum on a photoshoot
2) the reason you moved to Finland

Dox, Dox, Dox.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 21:11 - Jul 5 with 3201 viewskel

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:49 - Jul 5 by NigelWatson

Very luck to get an EFL gig: he must have a brilliant agent!

He has actually, Nidge. I messaged his agent earlier to pass my good luck wishes onto the lad. Not everybody is as bitter at life as you.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 21:23 - Jul 5 with 3141 viewsNigelWatson

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 21:09 - Jul 5 by kel

You didn’t like him for two reasons.

1) he dared to chew gum on a photoshoot
2) the reason you moved to Finland

Dox, Dox, Dox.

Are you okay - obviously not!
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 21:26 - Jul 5 with 3135 viewskel

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 21:23 - Jul 5 by NigelWatson

Are you okay - obviously not!

Surely you’re not denying you had a pop at the lad for chewing gum on Twitter, are you?

It was with one of your other pseudonyms though so maybe you can’t recall it. Thankfully I can.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 00:53 - Jul 6 with 2932 viewsShun

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 16:19 - Jul 5 by AtThePeake

Yup, I'd like Ball and John to go too. There's still plenty of time to sign replacements.

I’m actually willing to give Ball another shot, on the basis that he knows this league and by all accounts did well in it. As disastrous as he was last season, I think a lot of people forget that he did really impress when he first arrived.

John can go. Campbell I’d completely forgotten about until this thread. I assume he’s left the club seeing as he isn’t on any photos, though I still think he could do alright at this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024