Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tigers at Layer Road 21:11 - Sep 23 with 25115 viewsSparkfilmsTV

In a strange twist of events l found myself in conversation with a young lady who had attended Layer Road for a match against Hull City in our first season in The Championship. The 5-1 encounter.

We were attending a promo evening for a band called The Datsuns in North London in 2008.

During the evening she explained that she had been present at a party that made the national news due to the tragic death of someone by the name of Mark Blanco.

The incident occurred in December 2006.

This incident will be shown on Channel 4 on Monday night at 22.00 in an hour long documentary and several people known to me have made contributions.

It may be of interest to some.

I am very much hoping that the police will reinvestigate the death of Mark Blanco as a result of what will be included in the content.

I know that what l was told by this young lady 15 years ago has been instrumental in the making of this documentary.
Tigers at Layer Road on 10:33 - May 19 with 812 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Back to the Babyshambles album - 'Shotter's Nation'.

Kate Moss was initially credited as a co-writer on four tracks, one of these credits was later removed after a legal dispute and royalties, legal fees and related payments were made to another third party.

As far as l am aware Kate Moss was not registered in the first place as a writer on this particular song and would not have collected any royalties. So, likely she may not have been registered for the other three either.

'Shotter's Nation' has co-writing contributions for a number of other individuals too and l'm not sure how many of them were registered to receive royalty payments.

Song writing royalties are of interest to me as l have done quite a bit of work on the origin of early Iron Maiden material.

All these years on l am still in contact with former band members and even the guys who signed them to EMI - and from what l can determine, several million pounds worth of writing credits remain unpaid.
Tigers at Layer Road on 14:32 - May 19 with 785 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Back to 2024 but still on the theme of songwriting credits ...for 'All Quiet on the Eastern Esplanade' the fourth studio album release by The Libertines which was recorded at The Albion Rooms in Margate ( this establishment is owned by the band ).

All songs are credited to Barat, Doherty, Hassall and Powell though this information does not appear on my copy ( EMICD 2111 ).

As early as Side One, Track One and in Line Three is the following 'It's my party and I'll cry if l want to'....some older followers may remember this from around 60 years ago.

The album seems a little more leaned towards Carl Barat than Peter Doherty although the vocal leads and back up's come in about fifty fifty.

Peter's vocals have matured in places beyond recognition.

There are some interesting production additions in the background.

Tracks Five and Seven - 'Man with the Melody' and 'Night of the Hunter' are sublime.

Greetings to all at The Albion Rooms from Colchester Central. xxxx 😊😊😊😊🦮🦮🦮🦮
Tigers at Layer Road on 15:22 - May 20 with 730 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The following was written in late 1998 in Chelsea and appeared in The Erotic Cafe which was released in 1999.

At the time l was working for an advertising agency which might account for some of the content.

VOICE OVER

We
Apologise
For
The
Delay
In
Your
Service
Tonight

This
Is
Entirely
Due
To
The
North
Fifteen
Moon
Light

So
Lay
Down
On
The
Cool
Kitchen
Floor
Talk
To
The
Pop
Stars
On
The
Fridgerator ( intended spelling )
Door

Count
Very
Slowly
From
One
To
A
Thousand
Gaze
Up
At
The
Ceiling
Phase
Out
Every
Feeling

Read
The
Text
On
The
Soap
Box
That
Says
'For
Superb
Results
We
Recommend
Comfort'
Then
Ask
Yourself
What
Do
They
Know?
As
You
Breathe
In
The
Soap
Suds
And
Bask
In
The
Glory
Of
The
After
Flow

Then
Two
Weeks
Later
On
An
Escalator
In
A
West
End
Store
You
See
A
Face
In
A
Space
On
A
Cool
Ceramic
Floor

Pick
Her
Up
And
Put
Her
Back
In
The
Folder
That
She
Slipped
From

The
One
Labelled
'The
Ultimate
Collection'
Tigers at Layer Road on 19:51 - May 20 with 710 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I think today might be the highest number of views in 24 hours since this thread began.....so as a thank you l would like to reference a track by Amy MacDonald from her 2007 album release 'This is the Life'.

It is called 'Youth of Today'. I was going to use it on something some years ago but we had a change of direction but l always go back to it.

While filming at Layer Road for the 'Made in Colchester' DVD we accumulated quite a bit of unused footage of young fans and one piece in particular which we shot in Terrace Three at the final Championship match against Stoke City would work very well with this lovely song by Amy. Perhaps one day, God willing I'll get round to putting that together.

Another track from this album that l love is 'Let's start a Band', and in keeping with one of the themes on this thread it includes the following opening line - 'Put a ribbon round my neck and call me a LIBERTINE'.

Very apt.

I think we have gathered an audience in an apartment in Copenhagen!

😊😊🦮🦮
Tigers at Layer Road on 17:40 - May 22 with 659 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Many thanks to Oxfam for the images from Dirty Blonde at the Cash Machine and l wonder who has written an inscription in the copy on offer at £99.99 ( Amazon ), ?????😊😊🦮🦮.....several copies have popped up in New York too. I am happy to give copies to folk to sell on any platform they wish....at the very least it should get someone a Big Mac and Chips 😊😊.
Tigers at Layer Road on 10:34 - May 23 with 616 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I have mentioned something on another thread but would like to include it on here.

I received a phone call last night just after 5pm asking if l had heard the news. I thought the caller might be referring to the announcement from 10 Downing Street but not so.

There had just been a press release from Suffolk Police to confirm that Steve Wright, who was convicted for the murder of five young women in Ipswich in 2006 had been charged with the murder of Vicky Hall in Felixstowe in 1999.

Adrian Bradshaw was acquitted of Vicky Hall's murder and rightly paid a considerable sum by the authorities.

There was very little evidence that Bradshaw had commited the murder and the jury took only 90 minutes to find him Not Guilty.

Steve Wright is also linked to other murder cases around the country although advanced DNA processing appears to exonerate him from the possible murders of two young women in Norwich - but several other cold cases are under consideration.

As with the five young women in Ipswich none of Vicky Hall's clothes or belongings were ever recovered.

There is a prominent criminologist - Professor David Wilson who will be very interested in the new charge against Wright.
Tigers at Layer Road on 11:07 - May 23 with 610 viewsMoor_Pinot

Tigers at Layer Road on 19:51 - May 20 by SparkfilmsTV

I think today might be the highest number of views in 24 hours since this thread began.....so as a thank you l would like to reference a track by Amy MacDonald from her 2007 album release 'This is the Life'.

It is called 'Youth of Today'. I was going to use it on something some years ago but we had a change of direction but l always go back to it.

While filming at Layer Road for the 'Made in Colchester' DVD we accumulated quite a bit of unused footage of young fans and one piece in particular which we shot in Terrace Three at the final Championship match against Stoke City would work very well with this lovely song by Amy. Perhaps one day, God willing I'll get round to putting that together.

Another track from this album that l love is 'Let's start a Band', and in keeping with one of the themes on this thread it includes the following opening line - 'Put a ribbon round my neck and call me a LIBERTINE'.

Very apt.

I think we have gathered an audience in an apartment in Copenhagen!

😊😊🦮🦮

Magnificent album. Great piece of work. Her later stuff finds it hard to transcend such heights .

Moor Pinot

Tigers at Layer Road on 20:59 - May 23 with 523 viewsSparkfilmsTV

After yesterday's news that Steve Wright has been charged with the murder of Vicky Hall in 1999 l have been looking back on a couple of things that we looked into in 2006 relating the the murder of five young women.

This is something l have mentioned in a previous post but l have discovered something else by revisiting my research.

I thought it unlikely that Steve Wright could have murdered each of his victims at 79 London Road and put them into the boot of his car before driving to their deposition sites.

The reason for this was when we visited ( and the 'we' is with someone who knew Adrian Bradshaw who was acquitted of the murder of Vicky Hall ) Steve Wright's home at 79 London Road, Ipswich to discover that the car park area behind the property was in no way secluded - in fact it would be difficult to imagine a property more overlooked.

I have better time lines now for Steve Wright's movements than l had when l wrote Ipswich Zero Six and several elements of this do suggest that he may have murdered all of the women at 79 London Road.

I always wondered where the clothes and belongings of his victims - and this may now include Vicky Hall too, were disposed off.

We thought he may have buried them under a patio at one stage as he had the remnants of cement on his clothing in December 2006.

I have just read through a very long piece by his partner at the time of the murders and something jumped off the page! It was when he started to put the black bin liners out at London Road. He did so as 'protection' to Pamela at the height of the discovery of the bodies.

TBC
Login to get fewer ads

Tigers at Layer Road on 07:01 - May 24 with 486 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Carrying on with the Suffolk Serial Murders.

The cruciform position of two of the bodies ( Annelie Alderton and Annette Nicholls ).

During the investigation l learned from a journalist that police had discovered an image by Max Ernst that was found in the property of the main suspect Tom Stephens that bore a very similar resemblance to the positions of Alderton / Nicholls.

I initially thought that the image was discovered in a book but an individual who contacted me suggested that the image was displayed on the wall of Tom Stephens home in Trimly ( Near Felixstowe ).

Just a few weeks before the girls started to go missing in Ipswich Tom Stephens - who was known to just about the entire group of around thirty 'working girls' held a house warming party at his home in Trimly.

This party included around eight of the girls, but more importantly the five that were murdered.

I didn't get confirmation of the males present but l think there were about five.

I assume police identified each of the five males and questioned them, along with the three surviving young women.

If the Max Ernst image had been in view of any of the visitors to Tom Stephens home it would have been something that the guests would have noticed and commented on after the discovery of the posed bodies.

According to Stephens he didn't have any contact with Steve Wright and Wright was not one of the five males who visited Stephens property.

Putting two bodies in a cruciform position may not be the most unusual pose - but the movement of the hair in at least one of the finds appears to replicate the Max Ernst image and this would be highly unusual.

This was a detail that was discussed at the trial of Steve Wright.

Just to confirm - l have no doubt that Wright carried out each of the five murders but l do wonder if the bodies may have been moved by a third party.

That third party may have been Stephens if he followed Wright in his car after Alderton and Nicholls were picked up.

A car similar to that of Tom Stephens was seen several hundred yards from Wright's by a witness at around 2am at a deposition site.

If Stephens saw Wright go back to his vehicle alone from his sight line, did he then enter the wooded area to discover and move the body ( without shedding DNA )?

Tom Stephens was so distraught during police interviews that he even suggested he may have been doing things he was unaware of.

Further info. I believe the body of Alderton was posed as cruciform and that of Nicholls with the hair 'stood up' which would be elements of the Ernst image replicated in either find.

This may all be a very strange coincidence in a series of unusual and tragic events, however, from what l learned at the time, Tom Stephens was very much the number one suspect and the DNA on the bodies of Alderton / Nicholls / Clennell expected to be his by Suffolk Police - they got a shock when it was a match to Steve Wright.

[Post edited 24 May 7:17]
Tigers at Layer Road on 14:45 - May 24 with 465 viewsSparkfilmsTV

STEVE WRIGHT!

So it took Suffolk Police twenty years to reopen the Vicky Hall murder case.

During that time Wright murdered at least five other women.

In reopening the case Suffolk Police finally released what may well be an image of Steve Wright revisiting the body deposition site and this was shown on Crimewatch and throughout the local and national media.

It would appear that someone who knew Wright back in 1999 was finally able to identify Wright and the vehicle.

I can't imagine how the former team of investigation officers feel all these years on in the knowledge that they may have missed an opportunity to effectively save the lives of five young women.

I must add that visiting a body deposition site is no proof of murder - l have done likewise on several occasions, but it would appear from the time the CCTV footage was shown that Wright's name was given to Suffolk Police within hours of it being viewed.

We then hear that Wright attempted to kidnap another woman 24 hours before Vicky Hall went missing in the SAME AREA!

This is a very rare occurrence in British criminal history with the news breaking at virtually the same time as the announcement of the general election.

I was in receipt of some very confidential 'paperwork' from The Home Office that l showed to The BBC some years ago. I am not sure if it's content relates to the Vicky Hall case but it did suggest that Suffolk Police were under scrutiny in the new millennium.
Tigers at Layer Road on 12:53 - May 25 with 424 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I have been in touch with criminologist Professor David Wilson overnight relating to the murder charge ( Steve Wright / Vicky Hall 1999 ).

This now raises many questions as to why it took 20 years to release the hidden camera footage from Creeting St Peter, near Stowmarket in Suffolk in 1999 of an individual driving a distinctively marked van who would appear to be Steve Wright and go on to kill at least five young women.

This would not have meant much to Suffolk Police in 1999 as visiting a body deposition site is not a crime - but it was the police who put the camera up in Creeting St Peter with the sole purpose being able to scan and hopefully identify individuals and any vehicles present.

Did the penny drop in December 2006 when Steve Wright was arrested for the murder of five young women?

Was Wright identified as the individual on camera at Creeting in 1999?

The similarity of the murders of Vicky Hall in 1999 and Tania Nicol and Gemma Adams in Ipswich during 2006 and the deposition of bodies in water in each instance along with no traces of clothes or belongings raises many questions in 2024. Additionally each of these young ladies was of similar build.

Add to this the fact that Steve Wright was living in Felixstowe in 1999.
Tigers at Layer Road on 21:47 - May 26 with 365 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I have been immersed in exchanges today relating to the investigation by Suffolk Police into the murder of Vicky Hall in 1999 ( and beyond ).

Somewhere down the line l am hoping the full story can be told.

There is a lot on the line should certain information be released into the public domain!
Tigers at Layer Road on 08:13 - May 28 with 283 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The CCTV footage of who is likely to be Steve Wright taken at Creeting St Peter in October 2019 - the body deposition site of Vicky Hall - this has been in the public domain for five years.

The question l would like answered is - how long is this individual at the location as we only see a short segment?

No media outlet appears to have asked Suffolk Police this question. ( Apologies if l have missed this somehow ).

We don't see this person return to the vehicle on this footage. It may have been a matter of seconds or minutes.

He appears to glance down when stepping into the area from his van.

I wonder if when returning to the vehicle he was looking to see if any footprints could have been detectable when the site was examined at the point of Ms Hall's discovery some three weeks previous.

The reversing of the vehicle and immediate return to the opening to the field at the beginning of the footage is of interest.
Tigers at Layer Road on 21:06 - May 28 with 234 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Today l was made aware of a witness statement given to Suffolk Police in 1999 with a partial vehicle registration that was within YARDS of where Vicky Hall was taken at the time of her disappearance.

It would appear the occupant of the vehicle was Steve Wright.

Information gathered today also includes a link to the white van on the CCTV footage from Creeting St Mary in October 1999 that connects Steve Wright to that vehicle.

As far as l can establish the references above are additional to those reported in some national media.

[Post edited 28 May 21:09]
Tigers at Layer Road on 18:38 - May 29 with 189 viewsSparkfilmsTV

2019 release of CCTV from Creeting St Peter -

It is my assumption that when the white van footage was released ( originally recorded in Oct 1999 ) that Suffolk Police did not require any assistance from the public identifying who was in the image.

I apologise in advance if l am incorrect but this appears to be a foil to fabricate a scenario which gives the impression of a member of the public identifying Steve Wright - l have no official confirmation of this but national media seem in agreement.

We are given access to two strands of footage, and perhaps for very good reason. So how many other people were filmed at Creeting over a considerable time capsule that were eliminated?
Tigers at Layer Road on 11:04 - May 30 with 150 viewsSparkfilmsTV

There are developments relating to the investigation into the death of Mark Blanco in Whitechapel, December 2006.
[Post edited 30 May 11:05]
Tigers at Layer Road on 13:55 - May 30 with 129 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Tigers at Layer Road on 11:04 - May 30 by SparkfilmsTV

There are developments relating to the investigation into the death of Mark Blanco in Whitechapel, December 2006.
[Post edited 30 May 11:05]

Having conversations today that are something of a mail merge including aspects of police investigations together with a critique of latest Libertines album, quite surreal ...

The opening track 'Run, Run, Run' ( CB ) had been on the back burner for quite some time and the introduction of new instrumental passages appears to have 'surprised' the other band members when first hearing the demo's. 😊😊🦮🦮

Listening closer to Peter Doherty's vocals on the album suggests that his extraordinary career is still evolving and may lend itself to more expansive works in the future.

I recall a Welsh female vocalist who fronted up an indie band explaining how she needed to smoke a certain amount of cigarettes and consume several glasses of a particular drink to get the required 'gravel' in her voice on the eve of a headline gig. It seemed to work.

I also recall being invited to a band practice in East London in 2005 that had to be cancelled after one of the musicians sustained some serious injuries after trying to fly across the studio floor.
Tigers at Layer Road on 15:30 - May 31 with 69 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Tigers at Layer Road on 14:32 - May 19 by SparkfilmsTV

Back to 2024 but still on the theme of songwriting credits ...for 'All Quiet on the Eastern Esplanade' the fourth studio album release by The Libertines which was recorded at The Albion Rooms in Margate ( this establishment is owned by the band ).

All songs are credited to Barat, Doherty, Hassall and Powell though this information does not appear on my copy ( EMICD 2111 ).

As early as Side One, Track One and in Line Three is the following 'It's my party and I'll cry if l want to'....some older followers may remember this from around 60 years ago.

The album seems a little more leaned towards Carl Barat than Peter Doherty although the vocal leads and back up's come in about fifty fifty.

Peter's vocals have matured in places beyond recognition.

There are some interesting production additions in the background.

Tracks Five and Seven - 'Man with the Melody' and 'Night of the Hunter' are sublime.

Greetings to all at The Albion Rooms from Colchester Central. xxxx 😊😊😊😊🦮🦮🦮🦮

I've had 'Night of the Hunter' on repeat play in my car all week....it offers a little respite from pot holes, xxxxxxx idiot drivers, temporary traffic lights and a multitude of things that make driving in and around Colchester ( in particular ) quite an ordeal of late.

A few lines from this song -

Oh you've got to know
As you wash the blood out of your clothes
You can clean your clothes
You'll never clean your soul

ACAB, tattooed on your knuckles
Does the world know what that means?
Now they're slipping on the bracelets
Are you so young and hard and mean,
So cold and mean

I revisited the words to 'You're my Waterloo' from The Libertines third album.....this song was written by Peter Doherty over twenty years ago now but not released until '15.

I won't spoil it for anyone who is unaware of the full meaning behind the song but it is worth searching out and reading a few times.

It's been quite a week. The recent 'Mark Blanco' piece l added on this forum has, as yet, not been in any form of mainstream media.

I did forward an outline though to Martin Brunt at Sky News and a national journalist.

I have received a little more information overnight.
[Post edited 31 May 15:32]
Tigers at Layer Road on 10:16 - Jun 2 with 26 viewsSparkfilmsTV

EIGHTEEN SUMMERS

Eighteen summers
Eighteen winters
The lines around your eyes
Deeper etched
More defined
But the scars
Softened by the rain
Sculptured into this skin
That has seen too much
Your demeanor
Once vivacious
Now sullen

We never stayed in touch
After the trial
More like a court room fantasy
You left by taxi
I wandered aimlessly
Till nightfall
Hung out in cheap hotels
For a while

Eighteen summers
Eighteen winters
I tried to locate you once
Futile really
Our race
Was it run?
But l always wondered
If there was one last chapter
Now this

Eighteen summers
And eighteen winters
Finally raised from the ashes
Our chains discarded
One last show
For the paparazzi

Wrote this yesterday. Scribbled the idea on the back of an envelope....l suppose the content is driven partly by what will be occuring tomorrow morning at Ipswich Magistrates Court, the original sham trial of Adrian Bradshaw for the murder of Vicky Hall in 1999 and information l am in receipt of relating to the Mark Blanco case. None of these are eighteen years as such, it just seemed to work as a concept. The Pap reference evolved through a conversation from The Libertines circle. Additionally l wanted to write something that mirrored Night of the Hunter.
[Post edited 2 Jun 15:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024