Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales 11:42 - Oct 3 with 1211 viewsdurham_exile

I have just watched the extended highlights of the superbly entertaining game on Saturday. What was particularly satisfying, apart from the result, was the fact that we secured the three points and actually won the game after having gone down to 10 men with a full 21 minutes to play (the ref added almost 11 minutes to the game).

Now of course that result is only valid if we now go on to a winning run to get us up the table. That starts tonight at Newport County.

The Exiles led by Graham Coughlan are just above the Super U’s in the table.

Notts Co 10 20
Crawley 10 20
Swindon 9 19
Gillingham 10 19
Mansfield 10 18
Wimbledon 10 17
Crewe 10 17
Stockport 10 17
Wrexham 10 16
Barrow 9 15
MK Dons 10 14
Morecambe 9 14
Walsall 10 14
Bradford 10 13
Accrington 10 13
Harrogate 10 13
Newport 10 11
COL U 9 10
Grimsby 10 10
Salford 10 10
Doncaster 10 8
FGR 10 7
Tranmere 10 6
Sutton 10 4

Now currently we are operating under the radar but a win at Newport and then at home to Morecambe and Away at FGR will see us moving steadily up the table and will get us noticed.

BG quite rightly has kept faith with an unchanged team which works coherently and with a degree of togetherness. Tonight, against the Exiles two changes are inevitable with two suspensions McGeehan after a sending off and Egbo who has accumulated 5 bookings. They are likely to be replaced by Mingi and Greenidge.

Taylor sits on 4 bookings and Ihionvien on 3 and Tovide on 2.

So, the Newport game is neither a given nor an opportunity for complacency but I feel a handsome 4-0 victory for the Super U’s is on the cards. After his goal on Saturday, I want Chilvers to score again. Arthur Read deserves another goal and Joe Taylor and Samson Tovide are overdue goals to maintain their “Smash n Grab” moniker.

Goodman

Greenidge Mitchell Hall

Fevrier Mingi Read Kazeem

Chilvers

Taylor Tovide

Subs:
Smith Bandeira Hopper Ihionvien Cooper Terry Beadle

I expect to see Frankie Terry recently recalled from loan at Chelmsford included in the squad and also the excellent Harry Beadle.

Now don’t forget fellow Exiles the game is available on iFollow tonight without the need to move to Vietnam to watch it.

Weather tonight in Newport 13 degrees Celsius, cloudy but dry.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Noah the outstanding all-day breakfast will be available on the Motorway to set you up for the game.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 12:37 - Oct 3 with 1181 viewsthrillseeker

Is it on ifollow tonight?
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 13:22 - Oct 3 with 1172 viewsWitham

Yes. I have bought my video pass.
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 13:28 - Oct 3 with 1166 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 13:22 - Oct 3 by Witham

Yes. I have bought my video pass.

Thank you
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 18:52 - Oct 3 with 1114 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's line up as predicted.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 20:48 - Oct 3 with 1069 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's unlucky not to be ahead

Was that shot from Samson over the line.

U's to win this second half.

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:10 - Oct 3 with 1055 viewsdurham_exile

Shocking goal conceded to go 2-1 down.

Must get back into this quickly.

Away form worrying.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:12 - Oct 3 with 1053 viewsdurham_exile

Fresh legs needed

Ihionvien
Bandeira

Perhaps

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:23 - Oct 3 with 1045 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:12 - Oct 3 by durham_exile

Fresh legs needed

Ihionvien
Bandeira

Perhaps

Ihionvien on for Mingi

Brave sub.

Come on we must get back into this.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:34 - Oct 3 with 1037 viewsCrashBandicoot

How come we do well against good sides but not so good against not such good sides (no disrespect to the Exiles of course)
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 21:34]

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:36 - Oct 3 with 1032 viewsdurham_exile

Senseless sending off from Read

Very poor second half I am afraid

Three points thrown away

Only 4 mins extra

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:40 - Oct 3 with 1026 viewsgerry_us

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:36 - Oct 3 by durham_exile

Senseless sending off from Read

Very poor second half I am afraid

Three points thrown away

Only 4 mins extra

When are we going to finish a game with eleven men?
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:42 - Oct 3 with 1020 viewsdurham_exile

Technical term
Is bollocks

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:43 - Oct 3 with 1018 viewsCrashBandicoot

Ref has clearly lost his guide dog

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 21:57 - Oct 3 with 990 viewsnoah4x4

Back on a very depressed CUSA bus.

The only players to emerge with any credit were Mitchell and Fevrier. Greenidge was diabolical (yet again). Chilvers shocking, after consecutive MoM performances. Robbed of a goal (Tovide shot crossed the line). We are simply not robust enough against physical sides and can’t retain, or lose the ball too easily in tackles.
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 22:00 - Oct 3 with 984 viewswessex_exile

Bollocks indeed - very poor performance after Saturday, and even after the chances we could have taken, I still can't argue with the final result. Three more games ahead to put things right, but can we take all nine points? Read out for three games is a blow, and just when it seemed we were finally getting over the silly cards season.

Gutted!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 975 viewsburnsieespana

Really thought we would get a point.
Men V boys I am afraid.
Guess top sidea let us play our game but lower reach sides close us down quickly.
Bit of a worry about the suspensions.
Our disciplinary record not good.
Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 22:25 - Oct 3 with 956 viewsdurham_exile

Safe journey home Noah.

How was the all day breakfast?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 00:33 - Oct 4 with 914 viewsdurham_exile

Att 3220
132 of the faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 09:44 - Oct 4 with 842 viewsRSCOSWORTH

1 Owen Goodman   19
2 William Greenidge   21
5 Connor Hall   30
15 Zach Mitchell   18
20 Jay Mingi   22
16 Arthur Read   23
10 Noah Chilvers   22
30 Al-Amin Kazeem   21
42 Jayden Fevrier   20
9 Samson Tovide   19
25 Joseph Taylor   20

I know two of the starters were forced due to suspensions and obviously we have some players out due to injury but this seems like a really, really young side to start in League Two, especially at a place like Newport. Only Hall and Read, just, weren't born in 2000 and something!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 10:23 - Oct 4 with 836 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's on Parade tonight against the Exiles in South Wales on 22:25 - Oct 3 by durham_exile

Safe journey home Noah.

How was the all day breakfast?

Up the U's

Breakfast place was shut Durham. Membery Services offered us only Starbucks, Burger King (which I am boycotting until they leave Russia) and KFC. Chose a Mighty bucket for one with beans costing over £12. Utter rip off compared to my local KFC and chicken was overcooked and crispy. Got home 02:40 wondering why do we do it.

I will miss Saturday due to a family wedding, but suspect Morecambe will be equally physical. Sadly, Chilvers, Hall and Greenidge can’t handle it. Thankfully Egbo back, but Read will be a big miss. Against sides that play football, we thrive, but Division Two is physical. That’s why we struggle against lower sides. Skills get kicked off the park with zero protection from referees.

The pitch at Newport was heavily watered pre-match, and being hybrid, it didn’t drain quickly. The ball wouldn’t run properly frustrating our passing game. Newport adopted the long ball, and Fevrier similarly unlocked their defence. But we continued to play too slowly from the back and Greenidge and Chilvers repeatedly conspired to lose the ball. Last five minutes, with Hopper and Bradley on, and even Goodman up for a corner,we caused havoc with crosses and long balls. Our issue over many seasons has been having no Plan B until desperate.

But if Tovide’s disallowed goal had been allowed (having crossed the line), their goals not being unfortunately deflections, we might all be smiling. Once again, the referee and assistants decisions have overly impacted on a game, but our players must learn not to let their frustrations at this boil over. Discipline is worsening, and referees are closely watching Tovide, whose reputation for pushing and shirt pulling is justified. He is our only notable thug and why not simpy use his physicality without always fouling?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024