Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday 14:04 - Oct 6 with 2377 viewsdurham_exile

Well here goes. Tuesday night was certainly a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show; our only consistent thing is our inconsistency. The ill discipline is killing the team. Back to the dark days of No points from Away matches. And so, it goes on.

The Managerial sack race has started in League Two with Sparky and Neil Harris gone. The Gillingham situation is bizarre as they sit in 8th position. The joy of such rarefied air is virtually unknown in North Essex. I notice that there are supporters already suggesting that BG will only last until Christmas.

I went to Bradford where we lost 2-1 after dominating the game. Drove to Walsall where only a piece of individual brilliance divided the teams and Crewe on the train where I am still mystified as to how we lost the game. I have Grimsby and Accrington coming up and frankly we should start to settle down to play some football which sees us winning far more games than we lose.

This weekend Derek Adams bring his Morecambe side to the JCS. The Shrimps are unbeaten in three games – luxury, but BG must instil in his inconsistent side the necessity to win this game and win it well. They have Micky Mellon’s son Michael up front on loan from Burnley.

Of course, changes were inevitable against Newport with two suspensions both of whom will be back on Saturday. But we are now without Arthur Read after a senseless Red card at Rodney Parade. Born out of frustration and the fact that he had been kicked at least three times but it does not condone petulant behaviour and he now misses the next three games.

First half we deserved to be in front and of course the big question was the ball over the line from Samson shot on half time. Second half though we were abysmal, but still had chances to equalise with Tovide missing an easy header and Ihionvien failing to shoot first time with the net gaping.

Owen Goodman has once again been called up to the England U20 squad but I suspect that he will be available for the Morecambe game. Failing that Tom Smith is an able deputy.
The injuries continue to affect the squad with Kells, Lawrence, Dallison, Iandolo, Edwards and Akinde all out. The word is that all except Iandolo and Akinde are likely to be back before the end of October.

Frankly I can’t wait to see Owura Edwards on the wing in a U’s shirt again. Perhaps the Accrington game. Let’s hope so.

So, 3,4,1,2 it is:

Goodman

Egbo Mitchell Hall

Fevrier McGeehan Mingi Kazeem

Chilvers

Taylor Tovide

Subs
Smith Bandeira Hopper Ihionvien Cooper Terry Beadle

Saturday without defeat will see four games unbeaten and I think that we should win 3-0 with Taylor returning to scoring form (a hattrick would be nice).

The weather on Saturday in Colchester will be 23 degrees Celsius, Sunny and dry. Amazing temperatures and conditions.

Now will BG ensure that it is his Dr Jekyll’s team that we see on Saturday rather than his alter ego Mr Hyde. We want to see the fast free flowing football but we also want three points in order to get away from the relegation zone.

Col U 10 10
Tranmere 11 9
FGR 11 7
Sutton 11 4

Morecambe won’t bring 1000 so expect the crowd to be down, but let’s give them something to cheer.

No iFollow TV for me this weekend sadly.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 09:08 - Oct 7 with 1450 viewsburnsieespana

An.accurate summary Durham and let us hope the right Colchester United go out to.play this afternoon.
As regards Gillingham whilst on the surface an odd decision fans feedback seems to be they are very boring to watch with little creativity but as you say suspectbif we were 8th and winning 1-0; we would be happy!
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 14:06 - Oct 7 with 1403 viewsdurham_exile

Team as predicted.

However kick off will be later as a result of Morecambe being delayed as a result of the A12 closure.

Stay safe everyone.

Up the U's
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 14:07]

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 14:52 - Oct 7 with 1378 viewswessex_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 14:06 - Oct 7 by durham_exile

Team as predicted.

However kick off will be later as a result of Morecambe being delayed as a result of the A12 closure.

Stay safe everyone.

Up the U's
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 14:07]

Xitter reported 3.02pm, but I suspect that's a typo and it should read 3.20pm

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 15:35 - Oct 7 with 1362 viewsCrashBandicoot

Load of rubbish so far. If garner doesn't sort this then perhaps he isn't good enough.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 15:38 - Oct 7 with 1359 viewsdurham_exile

Come on plenty to do.
Up the U's

Perhaps we haven't kicked off yet

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:01 - Oct 7 with 1344 viewsgerry_us

Come on the ELEVEN men.
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:05 - Oct 7 with 1332 viewsdurham_exile

Big second half required.

Sadly we don't often play well against ten men.

BG must go three up top second half and stretch the play wide.

Come on we are better than this aren't we?

Up the U's
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 16:06]

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:20 - Oct 7 with 1314 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:05 - Oct 7 by durham_exile

Big second half required.

Sadly we don't often play well against ten men.

BG must go three up top second half and stretch the play wide.

Come on we are better than this aren't we?

Up the U's
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 16:06]

As you said Peter
"Sadly we don't often play well against ten men."
Login to get fewer ads

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:20 - Oct 7 with 1314 viewsburnsieespana

Two down.
I have previously expressed my doubts about the young age of the team but it is going g to cost us this year I fear
How much lo ger has BG got to turn things around d?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 16:21]
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:23 - Oct 7 with 1301 viewsCrashBandicoot

2 words - Garner out!

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:27 - Oct 7 with 1287 viewsdurham_exile

Absolutely shocking.

BG might be gone tonight!

This is awful.

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:28 - Oct 7 with 1285 viewsgerry_us

0-3
No probs...we scored 5 last week
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:29 - Oct 7 with 1280 viewsburnsieespana

Sad to say but Garner has to go.
Get Harris in to sort out our defending.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 16:35]
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:32 - Oct 7 with 1274 viewsCrashBandicoot

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:28 - Oct 7 by gerry_us

0-3
No probs...we scored 5 last week

On that note..

Garner definitely out!!!!

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:37 - Oct 7 with 1260 viewsgerry_us

The come back starts
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:42 - Oct 7 with 1251 viewsdurham_exile

Less than 20 minutes to retrieve the position.

A disgrace at present.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:55 - Oct 7 with 1232 viewsCrashBandicoot

Garner definitely needs to go, we really need someone with plenty of L2 experience and who can motivate the players we've got and bring in some quality in the next transfer window. Plus get rid of those not performing either via transfer or loaned out.

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:57 - Oct 7 with 1227 viewsburnsieespana

Bloody penalty missed. Criminal.
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:00 - Oct 7 with 1219 viewsCrashBandicoot

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 16:57 - Oct 7 by burnsieespana

Bloody penalty missed. Criminal.

Should have got a decent striker when we had the chance, but the management apparently knew better...

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:02 - Oct 7 with 1216 viewsdurham_exile

Appalling I'm afraid to say.

Could it be only a week ago that we scored five against Notts County.

Too disappointed to add anything else.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 17:03]

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:03 - Oct 7 with 1204 viewsCrashBandicoot

We can beat top sides like Notts County but not middling sides like Newport or Morecambe. BG not good enough

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:10 - Oct 7 with 1183 viewswessex_exile

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:02 - Oct 7 by durham_exile

Appalling I'm afraid to say.

Could it be only a week ago that we scored five against Notts County.

Too disappointed to add anything else.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 17:03]

Well, we got what we deserved from that game today, absolutely nothing! I know we're missing the core of our defence right now, and stupid boy Read, but that was a horror show. It seemed so lethargic, no sense of any urgency, no pace, just terrible. I still have faith in Garnerball, but without the players with the necessary skills to put it into practice, this is going to happen far too often. At present, I'll be grateful if we're still out of the relegation zone come January, when changes will have to be made.

It was a shame Chilvers blazed over from the spot, but in truth we'd already lost the match at that point.

Also, I did do Morecambe a disservice in the blog, they are good side.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:21 - Oct 7 with 1166 viewsburnsieespana

What hurts me is so many sides with far less resources than us can put together competitive squads.
I have to ask,vafter being a U's supporter since 1956 what do we do wrong?
We are once again in a relegation scrap without any experience to see us through? We have tried a young squad before and only just escaped but I fear very much this season is going to be a disaster.
Am I correct in thinking Scot Lindsey was Garner's sidekick at Swindon so given his success with Crawley this season, was he the coach who made Swindon tick?
Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:22 - Oct 7 with 1165 viewsCrashBandicoot

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:10 - Oct 7 by wessex_exile

Well, we got what we deserved from that game today, absolutely nothing! I know we're missing the core of our defence right now, and stupid boy Read, but that was a horror show. It seemed so lethargic, no sense of any urgency, no pace, just terrible. I still have faith in Garnerball, but without the players with the necessary skills to put it into practice, this is going to happen far too often. At present, I'll be grateful if we're still out of the relegation zone come January, when changes will have to be made.

It was a shame Chilvers blazed over from the spot, but in truth we'd already lost the match at that point.

Also, I did do Morecambe a disservice in the blog, they are good side.

No I'm sorry BG had the chance to get some better players in - who would be better at playing his way - and he brought a load of youngsters in. I'm afraid he needs to go and someone else needs to come in who isn't afraid to change things.

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:32 - Oct 7 with 1154 viewsnoah4x4

Shrimps to be potted at the JCS on Saturday on 17:22 - Oct 7 by CrashBandicoot

No I'm sorry BG had the chance to get some better players in - who would be better at playing his way - and he brought a load of youngsters in. I'm afraid he needs to go and someone else needs to come in who isn't afraid to change things.

We can’t even blame Humes!

I wasn't there today, but on the radio it sounded like a re-run of Newport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024