Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CUFC v CUFC 20:51 - Oct 17 with 812 viewsdurham_exile

This is more like it.

2-0 U's

Up the U's

Defeat Peterboro and then qualify!

Durham_exile

CUFC v CUFC on 20:53 - Oct 17 with 805 viewsburnsieespana

Matt Jay on in 78th minute.
Hornby seems to have made few decent saves and hope he has a run as our keeper because imo he will provide good experience at the back.
Gd to see Grank Terry made his debut.
CUFC v CUFC on 21:16 - Oct 17 with 785 viewswessex_exile

Great performance first half, and stayed completely in control second half. Harsh penalty, Terry had his arms by his side and turned his back, but I was never worried we wouldn't hold on for the three points. Cooper had a blinder, as did Read. Greenidge did well too, and Matt Jay showed good vision and some nice touches when he came on for his cameo. Edwards chased everything, but maybe without enough vision at times. It's still a meaningless competition, but doesn't a well-deserved victory feel good!

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

CUFC v CUFC on 21:36 - Oct 17 with 768 viewsbwildered

What's the meaning of the phrase 'One swallow doesn't make a summer'?

A single instance of something is just that; it doesn't indicate a trend.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

CUFC v CUFC on 21:56 - Oct 17 with 757 viewsnoah4x4

Inevitably a cheerful CUSA bus is returning down the A14. I reckon Reid made the difference between Saturday and this was a vastly improved performance, albeit against the Cambridge second string. We got lucky a few times and once Reid was subbed and Cambridge brought on some of their regular XI, we looked vulnerable and eventually conceded. But Cooper was impressive, and he must start on Saturday ahead of Chilvers. But neither Hopper or Jay convinced me. But a win is a win and this must help confidence.
CUFC v CUFC on 22:06 - Oct 17 with 748 viewswessex_exile

CUFC v CUFC on 21:56 - Oct 17 by noah4x4

Inevitably a cheerful CUSA bus is returning down the A14. I reckon Reid made the difference between Saturday and this was a vastly improved performance, albeit against the Cambridge second string. We got lucky a few times and once Reid was subbed and Cambridge brought on some of their regular XI, we looked vulnerable and eventually conceded. But Cooper was impressive, and he must start on Saturday ahead of Chilvers. But neither Hopper or Jay convinced me. But a win is a win and this must help confidence.

To be fair, that was largely a League 2 second string against a League 1 second string, and away from home. Don't worry, I'm not getting all giddy about the 'new dawn', there is still a lot to do, and let's be honest quite a few who played today won't be playing on Saturday. But, after FGR it's just nice to see a U's team actually perform. Great turnout from the Faithful too, 150 on a school night and England on the tele deserves recognition - well done!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

CUFC v CUFC on 08:44 - Oct 18 with 656 viewsburnsieespana

Imo Cooper and Hornby should play on Saturday.
Would be interested in hearing how Terry performed. I know he conceded the penalty but by all accounts a bit unlucky to do so.
CUFC v CUFC on 10:18 - Oct 18 with 635 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Just 12 minutes for Matt Jay in a reserve fixture?

What the xxxx is going on here?
CUFC v CUFC on 10:32 - Oct 18 with 631 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Interesting that we lined up in a 4-4-2 last night with the midfield four in a diamond. Can Kennedy offer the defensive shield that we've been missing in the midfield? Last night was his first U's appearance since February 2022 which seems bizarre! Also Cooper now has more goals for Col U than Jay and Hopper combined!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024