Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS 18:05 - Nov 7 with 2076 viewsdurham_exile

The U’s bowed out of the FA Cup on Saturday at a rain-soaked New Meadow. I had a good journey down the M6 and A5 and used the park n ride at Meole Brace except it was park and walk because I didn’t see any bus although the walk behind the shops and along the railway line to the stadium only takes ten minutes.

The attendance was a poor 3,010 of which 170 of the faithful were present. I saw Noah and Kevin amongst others and the fans were initially in good voice. Second half they went strangely quiet and only came to life for the final 20 minutes.

Frankly in the first half we were deservedly in front after a smart strike from Cameron McGeehan on 10 minutes. Shrewsbury offered little after that until they were given a throw in (which should have been a free kick to the U’s) and from that the ball went out for a corner.

Their dangerman Shipley shot from the edge of the box and the ball looped up after hitting Udoh and found the back of the net on 22 minutes.

We were frustratingly content to play the ball from the back repeatedly across the field and to build at a glacial pace. Result stalemate at half time.

Now the U’s have got into a habit of starting the second half slowly and methodically. Result the initiative passed to Shrewsbury and they fell to a sucker punch long ball on 56 minutes which Shipley took down and scored past Goodman.

At 2-1 I expected more urgency but it didn’t come and when Connor Hall was unlucky to divert a ball into his own net on 79 minutes we were suddenly 3-1 down.

However, the U’s woke up and the outstanding Mitchell rose highest from a corner on 86 minutes and it was 3-2. Suddenly there was belief and we almost equalised in the 7 additional minutes of time but it wasn’t to be and the £41k went to the Shrews. They won’t get past Notts County in Round 2, however.

Colchester lined up:

Goodman
Greenidge Hall Dallison Egbo
Read
Fevrier Chilvers McGeehan
Taylor Tovide

Subs:
Mitchell for Greenidge on 59 mins
Terry for Dallison on 72 mins
Ihionvien for Taylor on 72 mins
Hopper for Tovide on 72 mins
Cooper for Chilvers on 81 mins

Apparently there was confusion because the U’s were not sure if Mitchell was allowed to play or not and so we wasted the first half with Zach Mitchell on the bench. He is a very talented Centre Back.

The main frustration for me was ME’s inability to play two up front and the poor service which Joe Taylor received. At least Jaydon Fevrier was mainly allowed to play on the right side where he is far more effective. And stop all this nonsense playing out from the back. I don’t like it.

Journey home was very wet but ok and I stopped for tea at Deepdale Pizza Hut in Preston.

Tonight, however we return to league action and it is the postponed match against Swindon (our game in hand). Now forget about their humiliation to Aldershot at the weekend. Michael Flynn will be looking to get back to winning ways and in Dan Kemp and Charlie Austin he has two match winners.

ME should line up as follows:

Goodman

Egbo Mitchell Hall Dallison

Fevrier Read Chilvers McGeehan

Tovide Taylor

Subs
Greenidge Terry Cooper (not the real Terry Cooper!) Ihionvien Hopper Jay Hornby

Colchester weather will be 8 degrees Celsius and cloudy only 12% chance of rain.

Score prediction 2-0 Colchester with Taylor and Read on target.

Enjoy the game.

Don’t forget Exiles, it is on iFollow for £10.

Up the U’s

PS I am Away at a family Wedding this weekend therefore Colchester 3 Sutton 0 and a Joe Taylor brace and Samson Tovide to score the all important goals.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:10 - Nov 7 with 1450 viewsgerry_us

Another 7-4?
Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:23 - Nov 7 with 1441 viewsWitham

I have to .miss tonight as sister in law is very ill in hospital
Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:29 - Nov 7 with 1435 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:23 - Nov 7 by Witham

I have to .miss tonight as sister in law is very ill in hospital

Very sorry to hear that news Witham.
Such news puts sport into perspective.

I hope that all is well soon.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:36 - Nov 7 with 1430 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:29 - Nov 7 by durham_exile

Very sorry to hear that news Witham.
Such news puts sport into perspective.

I hope that all is well soon.

Indeed, very sorry to hear that Witham, best wishes to your sister-in-law.

I thought the commentary said 500 U's at Shrewsbury, or did I mishear that?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:41 - Nov 7 with 1425 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:36 - Nov 7 by wessex_exile

Indeed, very sorry to hear that Witham, best wishes to your sister-in-law.

I thought the commentary said 500 U's at Shrewsbury, or did I mishear that?

Wessex the stadium announcer stated attendance 3,010 and including 170 from Colchester.

First half they made enough noise for 500.

Two coaches and some cars plus some on the train.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 19:11 - Nov 7 with 1408 viewsgerry_us

I see we are really going for it tonight.
One up front???
Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 19:28 - Nov 7 with 1403 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 18:41 - Nov 7 by durham_exile

Wessex the stadium announcer stated attendance 3,010 and including 170 from Colchester.

First half they made enough noise for 500.

Two coaches and some cars plus some on the train.

Up the U's

That's odd - my general rule of thumb for away games is attendance is usually 3x (or more) the coach travellers, so I would have expected 3-400 (certainly sounded like it). 170 seems unusually low to me - Shrewsbury on a tax dodge perhaps?

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 19:41 - Nov 7 with 1398 viewsdurham_exile

Team

Goodman

Greenidge Mitchell Hall Egbo

Read

Fevrier McGeehan Mingi

Tovide Taylor

Subs
Hornby Dallison Jay Chilvers Hopper Cooper Ihionvien

Greenidge is clearly a ME favourite.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:11 - Nov 7 with 1389 viewsdurham_exile

Same old

We must be stronger than this

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:21 - Nov 7 with 1376 viewsCrashBandicoot

If we don't win this then I think the wheels are starting to come off ME's bid to become manager.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:21 - Nov 7 with 1376 viewsdurham_exile

Better since we conceded.

Two strikers must be the mantra especially at home.

Great forward run by Mingi.

We need to score the next goal.

Dallison on for injured Hall

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:23 - Nov 7 with 1375 viewsdurham_exile

How much longer before Kells is back

Soon I hope.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:29 - Nov 7 with 1364 viewsdurham_exile

Jay Mingi is having a strong half.

Needs some end product.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:35 - Nov 7 with 1352 viewsdurham_exile

If ME wants the job then he needs to be far more direct and creative.

Same old struggle for the U's

Bring Bradley on and get some service to Joe Taylor.

It's not difficult.

Come on big 45 mins to come.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:39 - Nov 7 with 1347 viewswessex_exile

Still a bit too ponderous at times, need more passion and urgency second half. I think I agree, this is probably Matty Etherington's marker for whether he's going to be in the running for the job full time. He's got 45+ minutes to get that fire into the U's.

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:51 - Nov 7 with 1326 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:39 - Nov 7 by wessex_exile

Still a bit too ponderous at times, need more passion and urgency second half. I think I agree, this is probably Matty Etherington's marker for whether he's going to be in the running for the job full time. He's got 45+ minutes to get that fire into the U's.

Wessex interesting that Neil Kelly says that Taylor is starved of service.
He was on Saturday as well.

Come on we need to be brighter quicker and more decisive.

Give young Bradley 45 mins rather than ten or so at the end of the game.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:52 - Nov 7 with 1325 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:51 - Nov 7 by durham_exile

Wessex interesting that Neil Kelly says that Taylor is starved of service.
He was on Saturday as well.

Come on we need to be brighter quicker and more decisive.

Give young Bradley 45 mins rather than ten or so at the end of the game.

McGeehan again

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:57 - Nov 7 with 1321 viewsdurham_exile

Swindon not afraid to put the boot in.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:58 - Nov 7 with 1317 viewsdurham_exile

3455 attendance
370 from Swindon

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 20:59 - Nov 7 with 1315 viewsCrashBandicoot

Now we need IIhionvien on to give Taylor service and push for a win.

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 21:01 - Nov 7 with 1309 viewsdurham_exile

Welcome to the party Crash

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 21:06 - Nov 7 with 1306 viewsdurham_exile

Give that defender an Oscar.

Absolutely nothing wrong with him.

No head injury at all.
What a con.

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 21:08 - Nov 7 with 1301 viewsdurham_exile

Outstanding team goal

Thoroughly deserved

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 21:15 - Nov 7 with 1285 viewsCrashBandicoot

We're really ahead??? Quality!

Super U's to clip Robins' wings at the JCS on 21:17 - Nov 7 with 1284 viewsdurham_exile

Triple change

Chilvers for Mingi
Ihionvien for Tovide
Hopper for Taylor
On 72 mins

Once again Taylor poor service tonight.
I feel really sorry for him.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024