Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U win...... 18:57 - Nov 23 with 956 viewsghughes11

.... and it's all quiet on here?!?

I know it was the Mickey Mouse Pizza Windscreen Harry's Got A New Motor Trophy Cup Shield, but c'mon - we are 1 step closer to Wembley!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Col U win...... on 20:39 - Nov 23 with 931 viewsDaniel

I do find it surprising that this competition is not taken seriously by clubs. It's probably the easiest opportunity a club in league 1 or 2 will get to play at Wembley and the prize money sounds worthwhile.

Unfortunately all of the cup competitions in this country have lost their appeal. I think it started when Arsenal put out reserves in the league cup under Wenger and over time clubs have followed. The FA cup is just as bad now. Poor attendances and reserve teams even at our level.
Col U win...... on 21:44 - Nov 23 with 917 viewsghughes11

Col U win...... on 20:39 - Nov 23 by Daniel

I do find it surprising that this competition is not taken seriously by clubs. It's probably the easiest opportunity a club in league 1 or 2 will get to play at Wembley and the prize money sounds worthwhile.

Unfortunately all of the cup competitions in this country have lost their appeal. I think it started when Arsenal put out reserves in the league cup under Wenger and over time clubs have followed. The FA cup is just as bad now. Poor attendances and reserve teams even at our level.

Problem is the Premier League U21s.

For a lot of fans the entry of these teams "devalued" the competition.

"If Premier League teams can play their U21s then to give them experience then why can't we!"

Also, I (and probably others) do not like the group stage - should revert back to a straight knock-out and then a "two-legged final in the Southern Section".

FA Cup/League Cup not worth as much as Champions League qualification.

Go back to European Cup for the winners of the league, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup I say - but the bank managers say 'No!"

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Col U win...... on 21:55 - Nov 23 with 911 viewsburnsieespana

Col U win...... on 21:44 - Nov 23 by ghughes11

"If Premier League teams can play their U21s then to give them experience then why can't we!"

Also, I (and probably others) do not like the group stage - should revert back to a straight knock-out and then a "two-legged final in the Southern Section".

Go back to European Cup for the winners of the league, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup I say - but the bank managers say 'No!"

Think rhe European Cup authorities vetoed that some years ago.
Col U win...... on 00:04 - Nov 24 with 885 viewsCrashBandicoot

Col U win...... on 21:44 - Nov 23 by ghughes11

I think they should pull the U21 PL sides out and replace them with the top National League sides from last season (inc the 2 relegated L2 sides) to test them against EFL opposition.

I also think the EFL cup should have no Premier League sides - just Championship, L1 & L2 clubs fighting it out esp if there is no Euro qualification, unless they allow the EFL cup winners a Europa Conference berth and the FA cup winners a Europa League berth.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Col U win...... on 12:42 - Nov 24 with 833 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Spot on. I'm not sure why more teams don't take it more seriously. Some clubs must do as there's a few that have made the final a number of times. We're one of a handful of league clubs yet to play at the "new" Wembley, maybe it's time to right that.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Col U win...... on 14:14 - Nov 24 with 825 viewsburnsieespana

Col U win...... on 00:04 - Nov 24 by CrashBandicoot

I think they should pull the U21 PL sides out and replace them with the top National League sides from last season (inc the 2 relegated L2 sides) to test them against EFL opposition.

I also think the EFL cup should have no Premier League sides - just Championship, L1 & L2 clubs fighting it out esp if there is no Euro qualification, unless they allow the EFL cup winners a Europa Conference berth and the FA cup winners a Europa League berth.

Think it is one of the conditions of the enhanced Premier money deal a few seasons ago.
Col U win...... on 19:31 - Nov 24 with 782 viewsmfb_cufc

West Ham U21's away in the EFL Trophy. Good chance to progress if we put a decent team out.

mfb

Col U win...... on 06:42 - Nov 25 with 762 viewswessex_exile

Not forgetting when Manchester United pulled out of the FA Cup to play in the meaningless (but lucrative) Club World Championship in Brazil.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Col U win...... on 07:00 - Nov 25 with 759 viewsnoah4x4

Col U win...... on 19:31 - Nov 24 by mfb_cufc

West Ham U21's away in the EFL Trophy. Good chance to progress if we put a decent team out.

It's now at the Jobserve Community Stadium rather than at the West Ham Training Ground in Romford where they normally play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024