Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK 11:13 - Dec 26 with 1248 viewsdurham_exile

I hope that all Boarders had an enjoyable Christmas Day yesterday and today can look forward to another improved U’s performance.

Three points on Friday night at home to Salford was absolutely vital, today is a must not lose. Inconsistency has been our mantra this season (again) and if we are to start climbing the table then an unbeaten run is crucial.

Exiled supporters can once again watch the game on iFollow and for once ME should play an unchanged team.

My only question is where is Brad Ihionvien. Is he injured or worse is he on his way out of the club.

Mike Williamson’s side are unbeaten for 7 games whilst we ae unbeaten for ONE. We lost at home earlier in the season when leading 2-1 and sadly Gilbey scored to help the MK Dons to a fortunate 3-2 win.

So, we line up:

Goodman

Egbo Mitchell Hall Iandolo

Read

Fevrier McGeehan Jay

Chilvers

Taylor

Subs:
Hornby Greenidge Dallison Hopper Akinde Kazeem Cooper

The injury to Kells, adds him to an unwelcome list of injuries including Bandeira, Tovide, Mingi and Lawrence.

My Christmas message to ME is smile and stop looking so bloody miserable. Three more decent results including the Gillingham game and you keep your job; further defeats and you have to go.

Weather today 7 degrees Celsius, light winds and dry.

Score prediction 2-1 to the U’s with Taylor and Read on target for the U’s.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 17:03 - Dec 26 with 1145 viewsMoor_Pinot

I know I'm ignorant but does anyone in Colchester United management ever at any stage talk to the players about their roles/job/focus in the last moment of football games? I mean ever?

If you take MK Dons they must be giggling into their Prosecco at our lack of professionalism. At Cuckoo Farm they won a game they'd lost in the last moments and laughed about it for weeks. Today they did it again.

I do wonder about the things I don't know. But what I do know is that the Colchester United pattern never changes these days. Ever. It's naiive and predictable.

Moor Pinot

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 17:08 - Dec 26 with 1138 viewsburnsieespana

Yep depressing as so many goals conceded this season in the final minutes. Really thought we were on for a point.
Sutton winning away at Wimbledon not a good result.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:12]
Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 17:39 - Dec 26 with 1103 viewsMoor_Pinot

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 17:08 - Dec 26 by burnsieespana

Yep depressing as so many goals conceded this season in the final minutes. Really thought we were on for a point.
Sutton winning away at Wimbledon not a good result.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:12]

Exactly Burnsie.
Professionalism or in our case lack of - consistently so in fact.

Tranmere put last Friday's opponents into perspective, Sutton showed how to hold an advantage. We are definitely one of the poorest 3 sides in the division and the poorest led.

It remains to be seen if we escape yet again.
With the inability to protect game positions as yet again today I am not at all sure we deserve to survive.

Moor Pinot

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 18:02 - Dec 26 with 1092 viewsburnsieespana

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 17:39 - Dec 26 by Moor_Pinot

Exactly Burnsie.
Professionalism or in our case lack of - consistently so in fact.

Tranmere put last Friday's opponents into perspective, Sutton showed how to hold an advantage. We are definitely one of the poorest 3 sides in the division and the poorest led.

It remains to be seen if we escape yet again.
With the inability to protect game positions as yet again today I am not at all sure we deserve to survive.

Difference between this and last season when gnarled old pros in the team knew how to.
I hope we get an experienced central defender in very early in the windows.
Far to many youngsters at the moment.
Why Cooper got the nod ahead of Jay beyond me as the latter needs a run of games to get fully up to the performance capable of after being ignored by Garner.
Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 18:37 - Dec 26 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

So disappointed with another defeat and another late goal.

Where is Brad Ihionvien.

Two more games, ME is on borrowed time.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 18:43 - Dec 26 with 1060 viewsCrashBandicoot

Etherington has completely lost the fans now and needs dismissing ASAP.. Cowling is proving too slow to act as usual and if we finish poorly it's time for him to sell up - esp with Bergkamp and co looking to buy a lower league club.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 20:24 - Dec 26 with 1007 viewswessex_exile

With the family over I couldn’t give this one my undivided attention, but from what I saw (mostly second half), this seemed to be a pretty good game overall. The Dongs were clearly the stronger side, but I thought we’d done more than enough to earn a point. However, no argument about the disallowed goal, Hopper was clearly offside. Some of our one touch passing was first class, sadly not all of it though. Harsh to point the finger at Goodman, given what else he’d contributed to the game, but I thought he should have come for the cross at the end. I know he’d probably run himself ragged, but Chilvers definitely faded second half.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 22:35 - Dec 26 with 949 viewsdurham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 20:24 - Dec 26 by wessex_exile

With the family over I couldn’t give this one my undivided attention, but from what I saw (mostly second half), this seemed to be a pretty good game overall. The Dongs were clearly the stronger side, but I thought we’d done more than enough to earn a point. However, no argument about the disallowed goal, Hopper was clearly offside. Some of our one touch passing was first class, sadly not all of it though. Harsh to point the finger at Goodman, given what else he’d contributed to the game, but I thought he should have come for the cross at the end. I know he’d probably run himself ragged, but Chilvers definitely faded second half.

I've only seen the "goal" once but it looks very tight.

Fine margins but a point should have been garnered.

The most disappointing thing conceding yet another late goal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 08:24 - Dec 27 with 895 viewsbwildered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h1pf5f

More insight in the ME term of office, do you trust him in the January transfer market ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 08:53 - Dec 27 with 884 viewsthrillseeker

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 08:24 - Dec 27 by bwildered

More insight in the ME term of office, do you trust him in the January transfer market ?

Simple answer is NO.
Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 13:38 - Dec 27 with 820 viewsSparkfilmsTV

So we forced our first corner in the 91st minute!

I can imagine what Jock Wallace might have said post match.

Fortunately l didn't follow proceedings yesterday.

Once again though there are some dreadful sides around us at the basement.

Salford included.

I expect Colchester United to finish around 16th come the end of yet another xxxxxxx awful season.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 13:39]
Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 14:28 - Dec 27 with 801 viewsburnsieespana

You are more optimistic than me!
Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 08:49 - Dec 28 with 690 viewsbwildered

Franchise to come unstuck against Super U's at Stadium MK on 08:24 - Dec 27 by bwildered

Perhaps the regular question to the manager should be,” Would YOU pay money to watch this ? “

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024