Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! 18:08 - Dec 29 with 3484 viewsdurham_exile

Ok before we get into the meat of the argument where is Bradley Ihionvien. I have been asking the question for days without response. Is he injured, dropped, transferring to a Championship team or what. Enlightenment please.

So, another week another two injuries. Has the squad been cursed, are they running over black cats, walking under ladders, is it the training regime or lack of. What is going on.

Samson Tovide out for 12 weeks
Manny Egbo out for 8 weeks
Kells out for 8 weeks
Lawrence likely out for the season
Mingi out for 5 weeks
Bandeira fit or not fit?
It is a sorry state of affairs.

Over the past three seasons we have signed 69 players of which 25 have been loanees. We have used 29 players this season so far. We have finished in the bottom 10 of League Two for the past three seasons. It is lamentable.

I said before Christmas that ME had until New Year’s Day to sort it or he should go. The equation is easy. Two more defeats (Wimbledon and Gillingham) and he has to go. Two victories and he clings on. Fine margins. Hopper marginally offside at MK Dons or we would have had a point.

We have conceded late goals in 13 games this season. All costly. We have dropped 19 points from winning positions. Grim times.

Before I become too melancholy, let us get to the positives:

Arthur Read simply outstanding.
Chay Cooper excellent
Zach Mitchell a very fine young footballer
Owen Goodman impressive keeper
Matt Jay has to start tonight
Jaydon Fevrier scares defenders and has a finish in him
Ellis Iandolo has revitalised the left back position
It is about time that Ryan Lowe was given a first team place. Superb young midfield player
Joe Taylor, best striker we have had at the club since Jamie Cureton.

Hopefully that balances out some of the negativity!

So, our last game of this miserable footballing year is at the Cherry Red Records Stadium where we face Wimbledon managed by Johnnie Jackson. Hitherto they have been on fire but after losing to Sutton this must inspire the U’s this evening.

In the January transfer window, we need a Right Back, a Centre Half, a midfielder and a striker.

ME must give Taylor some support up front that is a priority. Big John Akinde perhaps (if Bradley cannot be located).

Ok injuries have not helped us at all but our squad has been very large again this season.

So, who plays tonight:

Goodman

Dallison Mitchell Hall Iandolo

Fevrier Read McGeehan Jay

Cooper

Taylor

Subs:
Akinde Hornby Kazeem Chilvers Greenidge Bandeira (if fit) Lowe (please)

Weather tonight against the Wombles is 8 degrees Celsius, partly cloudy and windy.

Exiles don’t forget the match is on iFollow.

Safe travelling to the faithful.

Prediction 2-0 to the Super U’s

About time we kept a clean sheet and converted some chances.

A Happy New Year to all boarders.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 633 viewsnoah4x4

Poor start to 2nd half. Needs sorting!
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 20:57 - Dec 29 with 633 viewsnoah4x4

How did Al Hamardy miss that? Is it our night?
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 20:57 - Dec 29 with 633 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 20:53 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

Grateful NYD is a Monday, so I can watch versus Gillingham on I-Follow, as I will still be in Covid (voluntary) quarantine. Enjoying tonight’s game, but this could go any way. Fitness, substitutions and timing are going to be crucial. Credit Etherington, has set us up to attack. Impressed with Greenidge and Fevrier plus Iandolo and Jay wide combinations.

Yes the advantage of holiday games particularly Christmas and New Year.

iFollow will do the job

I fancy Colchester to win this.

But no more messing about at the back.

Mitchell and Hall arguing but Mitchell's intervention saved the day then

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:00 - Dec 29 with 626 viewsnoah4x4

3-2. Why didn’t Goodman go for that?
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:02 - Dec 29 with 616 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 20:57 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Yes the advantage of holiday games particularly Christmas and New Year.

iFollow will do the job

I fancy Colchester to win this.

But no more messing about at the back.

Mitchell and Hall arguing but Mitchell's intervention saved the day then

Had to be offside then.

Unfortunately our failing poor at the start of the second half again.

Now on the back foot.

Right get Ihionvien on Greenidge off.

Dallison on and Jay off. Jay has to be sacrificed unfortunately.

Action now by ME.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:03 - Dec 29 with 614 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:02 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Had to be offside then.

Unfortunately our failing poor at the start of the second half again.

Now on the back foot.

Right get Ihionvien on Greenidge off.

Dallison on and Jay off. Jay has to be sacrificed unfortunately.

Action now by ME.

Read now fouled four times by Wimbledon thugs.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:08 - Dec 29 with 607 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:03 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Read now fouled four times by Wimbledon thugs.

Greenidge off
Iandolo off
Jay off

Akinde on
Kazeem on
Dallison on

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:08 - Dec 29 with 604 viewsnoah4x4

Good timely substitutions.

A point would be good given other scores. Sutton down to ten men
Login to get fewer ads

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 593 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:08 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

Good timely substitutions.

A point would be good given other scores. Sutton down to ten men

Who has Bradley upset at the club.
What does he have to do to get some minutes.
Is he the new Macca Bonne.

Come on ME we need something from this game.

It's bollocks and it's four

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 587 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:15 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

20 minutes to save the game.

Once again poor football since half time.

This will be 22 points lost from a winning position.

Come on who wants this more.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 586 viewsMoor_Pinot

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:15 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Yet another bucketful in the goals against column. Where's good old Tom Eastman when you need him?
Up the ill prepared, poorly managed hapless U's.

Moor Pinot

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 585 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:19 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

20 minutes to save the game.

Once again poor football since half time.

This will be 22 points lost from a winning position.

Come on who wants this more.

Sutton and FGR both drawing.
Gap is closing and games in hand for both clubs

Come on don't let this drift away.

Lose to Gillingham and ME must go.

He has nothing to lose by bringing Ihionvien on.
And take Chilvers off.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:23 - Dec 29 with 583 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:21 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Sutton and FGR both drawing.
Gap is closing and games in hand for both clubs

Come on don't let this drift away.

Lose to Gillingham and ME must go.

He has nothing to lose by bringing Ihionvien on.
And take Chilvers off.

Get Chilvers off now

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:29 - Dec 29 with 572 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:23 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Get Chilvers off now

DFK to Colchester
Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:31 - Dec 29 with 563 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:29 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

DFK to Colchester
Come on the U's

The faithful rightly look demoralised.

Another defeat looms

Relegation battle for the fourth straight season.

Shocking.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:34 - Dec 29 with 558 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:31 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

The faithful rightly look demoralised.

Another defeat looms

Relegation battle for the fourth straight season.

Shocking.

Will ME bring Bradley on for the last two minutes.

Probably not.

It is not good enough.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 556 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:34 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Will ME bring Bradley on for the last two minutes.

Probably not.

It is not good enough.

Att 8,062

We would give anything for that crowd.

Almost 400 of the faithful.

They deserve much better.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 550 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:35 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Att 8,062

We would give anything for that crowd.

Almost 400 of the faithful.

They deserve much better.

McGeehan sent off.

Sums it all up.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 548 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:37 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

McGeehan sent off.

Sums it all up.

A sorry evening.

Simply not good enough.

Another team does the double over us.

Gillingham is now absolutely a must win.

Signing off.
I've had enough tonight.

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:41 - Dec 29 with 544 viewswessex_exile

Just fell apart, and it has to be Harry Pell who sets up the fifth!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:43 - Dec 29 with 541 viewsnoah4x4

McGeehan off. This can’t get any worse, or can it? Yes 5-2. No, now 5-3.

Frankly, I don’t blame Etherington. Tonight he made no decisions that I disagree with. We simply have a squad that isn’t up to scratch. Etherington hasn’t had a transfer window and has inherited a crock of shi5. If he goes, back office must go too.
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 529 viewsgerry_us

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:43 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

Frankly, I don’t blame Etherington. Tonight he made no decisions that I disagree with. We simply have a squad that isn’t up to scratch. Etherington hasn’t had a transfer window and has inherited a crock of shi5. If he goes, back office must go too.

Made you feel any better Noah?
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:57 - Dec 29 with 516 viewswessex_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:43 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

Tonight I agree with your assessment of Greenidge, a total liability I'm afraid to say. Should have easily kicked the ball out for a throw-in, gave a corner away, and we lose our first half advantage instantly. If anyone had offered me the U's would score three tonight, I'd have taken that!

The only vaguely positive news is that Sutton and FGR both lose and Salford are dropping like a stone - are we relying on two teams being worse than the U's? It's a dangerous game to play if we are!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 507 viewsthrillseeker

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 19:48 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

Watching on I-Follow as me and Mrs Noah have caught Covid. My day can’t get any worse can it? Fast out the blocks? Here is hoping!

Take things easy & get well soon
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 504 viewsthrillseeker

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 21:23 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Get Chilvers off now

Did Chilvers have involvement/ assists for 3 of their goals?

How does he stay on yet Jay is constantly taken off?

Very worried about this season - just hoping 2 of Sutton, Salford & FGR bail us out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024