Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 05:50 - Jan 4 with 6842 viewsghughes11

Striker Snapped Up Early
U's bring in Conor Wilkinson

"The striker has been signed from Scottish Premiership side Motherwell for an undisclosed fee, having been with the Steelmen for the past six months.

Wilkinson started his career at Millwall as a fifteen year old, but was signed by fellow Championship side Bolton Wanderers three years later.

After four years with Bolton, he spent two years at Gillingham, Orient and Walsall before heading north of the border last summer.

The twenty eight year old, who celebrates his birthday later this month, is expected to go striaght into the U's squad for the game at Swindon, subject to all the usual paperwork ratifications."

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/conor-wilkinson/

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 08:41 - Jan 4 with 4541 viewsbwildered

Now needed is a the supply chain to the three strikers available, who all play IN the box, rather than the run and rush play which has become the norm, which was ok for Taylor but not any other.

Common sense coach should recall Newby and Hannant for supply from the right and Edwards and Jay from the left .
[Post edited 4 Jan 9:34]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 09:17 - Jan 4 with 4527 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 08:41 - Jan 4 by bwildered

Now needed is a the supply chain to the three strikers available, who all play IN the box, rather than the run and rush play which has become the norm, which was ok for Taylor but not any other.

Common sense coach should recall Newby and Hannant for supply from the right and Edwards and Jay from the left .
[Post edited 4 Jan 9:34]

Hannant was released and I can't see Newby playing for Col U again. Shame as he looked decent when he first came here.

Would be good to see Fevrier on the right and Edwards on the left and us trying to get more crosses into the box.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:31 - Jan 4 with 4470 viewsCrashBandicoot

Could be a decent buy if he hits his old form again, at Walsall before injury he was a good striker but was never the same afterwards. I still think Hopper needs to go out on loan and us bring in another decent striker as back up to replace him. Obviously whoever the new manager is will decide that.

Motherwell signed Wilkinson but he only scored 3 from 14 which is a bit difficult to place as the Scottish Premier League is a huge mix of quality amongst the teams. In a nutshell I would place the teams quality as all 5 English leagues (from Premier to National League) in one league with Celtic & Rangers being premier league quality and the others varying from Championship to League 2 quality with a few possible National League quality..

Back to Conor Wilkinson, he was born in Croydon so maybe he'll feel more at home in Southern England and may have a better chance of rediscovering his old form.
[Post edited 4 Jan 11:32]

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:38 - Jan 4 with 4461 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:31 - Jan 4 by CrashBandicoot

Could be a decent buy if he hits his old form again, at Walsall before injury he was a good striker but was never the same afterwards. I still think Hopper needs to go out on loan and us bring in another decent striker as back up to replace him. Obviously whoever the new manager is will decide that.

Motherwell signed Wilkinson but he only scored 3 from 14 which is a bit difficult to place as the Scottish Premier League is a huge mix of quality amongst the teams. In a nutshell I would place the teams quality as all 5 English leagues (from Premier to National League) in one league with Celtic & Rangers being premier league quality and the others varying from Championship to League 2 quality with a few possible National League quality..

Back to Conor Wilkinson, he was born in Croydon so maybe he'll feel more at home in Southern England and may have a better chance of rediscovering his old form.
[Post edited 4 Jan 11:32]

He looks like a very similar player to Hopper so maybe Hopper is on his way out. There is talk of him returning to Southend. I think being back in this area of the country was one of the key factors in Wilkinson deciding to come here. He played under Embleton at Leyton Orient as well.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 13:40 - Jan 4 with 4434 viewsburnsieespana

Southend looking for a striker wonder if they would take Hooper from whence he originally came if I am not mistaken.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:14 - Jan 12 with 4229 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Richardson joins on loan from Aberdeen.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/jayden-richardson/

Did our scout win a trip to Scotland or something?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:23 - Jan 12 with 4221 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:14 - Jan 12 by RSCOSWORTH

Richardson joins on loan from Aberdeen.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/jayden-richardson/

Did our scout win a trip to Scotland or something?

What scout? Do we have one that's any good?

This is the Cowleys doing it their way.

Moor Pinot

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 22:11 - Jan 12 with 4121 viewsburnsieespana

Jay den has indicated he had conversations with DC/NC before he went to Scotland in 2022 when they were at Portsmouth.
Login to get fewer ads

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 00:12 - Jan 23 with 3924 viewsghughes11

All quiet on this thread so far this year.

Is that a good thing or not?

With players returning from injury (Nico Lawrence, Owura Edwards, Jay Mingi), maybe we need to trim the fat from the squad before signing anymore players or maybe the Cowleys believe that they can work wonders with the squad we have.

With Junior having departed and Noah out of form, there are not many academy products at the moment that we have to be worried about losing. Maybe next season if Jayden carries on his fine development or if Bradley gets a run of games/goals, but for now I don't think we have to worry about losing (m)any of our players.

Anyone heard any rumours?!?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 09:06 - Jan 23 with 3885 viewsburnsieespana

Only rumour I saw was Akinde to Harrogate in a Yorkshire paper yesterday which I can't see myself very likely.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:17 - Jan 23 with 3869 viewsbwildered

Centre half Riley Harbottle has joined Colchester United on loan from Hibs

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:33 - Jan 23 with 3862 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:17 - Jan 23 by bwildered

Centre half Riley Harbottle has joined Colchester United on loan from Hibs

We've gone from rarely signing players from Scotland to signing three in a row!

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:24 - Jan 23 with 3847 viewsburnsieespana

Yes wonder what the connection is.
Wonder if it means somebody on way out and also assume this guy is known to DC.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:17 - Jan 23 with 3820 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 09:06 - Jan 23 by burnsieespana

Only rumour I saw was Akinde to Harrogate in a Yorkshire paper yesterday which I can't see myself very likely.

Burnsie I've seen that too in the Yorkshire Post.

Big John is struggling for game time and at 34 picks up injuries unfortunately.
If he leaves we would wish him well.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 13:13 - Jan 23 with 3795 viewsCrashBandicoot

It would be a shame for Akinde to go as he has done ok for us but we do need to lower the wage bill so hopefully he will only be loaned out. Riley Harbottle did well when loaned to Mansfield last season.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 3721 viewsBFG

Six goals for them, a goal-scoring centre half
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 23:33 - Jan 23 with 3656 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:30 - Jan 23 by BFG

Six goals for them, a goal-scoring centre half

Kells scored three goals in fewer appearances. Sadly has never been quite the same player since his long term injury.

The Cowleys are making some shrewd signings to boost our defensive options.

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:08 - Jan 24 with 3581 viewsmfb_cufc

Be the first to find out who our fourth signing of the January transfer window is later this evening on the Col U TV Midweek Show.

Following the arrival of Conor Wilkinson, Jayden Richardson & Riley Harbottle in the window, the U’s have made a fourth signing since the turn of the year – an exclusive interview with the newest recruit can be seen later this evening on the Midweek Show.

We’ll have clips of the newest arrival from the analysis team, showing you what made Danny & Nicky want them, as well as words and highlights from Riley Harbottle.

Also on the show we’ll be showing highlights from the U21s defeat against Chelsea from Monday evening, as well as an interview with the goalscorer Brad Ihionvien.

Watch live here on the website or on our YouTube channel from 7pm.

mfb

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:22 - Jan 24 with 3538 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:08 - Jan 24 by mfb_cufc

Be the first to find out who our fourth signing of the January transfer window is later this evening on the Col U TV Midweek Show.

Following the arrival of Conor Wilkinson, Jayden Richardson & Riley Harbottle in the window, the U’s have made a fourth signing since the turn of the year – an exclusive interview with the newest recruit can be seen later this evening on the Midweek Show.

We’ll have clips of the newest arrival from the analysis team, showing you what made Danny & Nicky want them, as well as words and highlights from Riley Harbottle.

Also on the show we’ll be showing highlights from the U21s defeat against Chelsea from Monday evening, as well as an interview with the goalscorer Brad Ihionvien.

Watch live here on the website or on our YouTube channel from 7pm.

Alistair Smith midfielder joins on loan from the Imps.

The Cowleys fourth signing, looks useful.

Given Joe Taylor's loan move orchestrated by Luton to Lincoln, I wonder if that helped grease some palms to obtain him.

Up the Cowley inspired U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:23 - Jan 24 with 3503 viewsthrillseeker

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:22 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Alistair Smith midfielder joins on loan from the Imps.

The Cowleys fourth signing, looks useful.

Given Joe Taylor's loan move orchestrated by Luton to Lincoln, I wonder if that helped grease some palms to obtain him.

Up the Cowley inspired U's

Why another midfielder when that is an area I feel we are strong in

Read, Jay, McGeehan, Mingi, Kennedy, Marshal-Miranda, Chilvers, Cooper, Fevrier

Does that suggest a departure is incoming?

We need a striker but what do I know?
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:29 - Jan 24 with 3495 viewsCrashBandicoot

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:23 - Jan 24 by thrillseeker

Why another midfielder when that is an area I feel we are strong in

Read, Jay, McGeehan, Mingi, Kennedy, Marshal-Miranda, Chilvers, Cooper, Fevrier

Does that suggest a departure is incoming?

We need a striker but what do I know?

Perhaps he's moving Jay & Chilvers into more attacking positions and support for Hooper & Wilkinson. which might suit them better?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:31 - Jan 24 with 3493 viewsBFG

Holding midfielder? I like a signing they know and will get the best out of
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:40 - Jan 24 with 3488 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:29 - Jan 24 by CrashBandicoot

Perhaps he's moving Jay & Chilvers into more attacking positions and support for Hooper & Wilkinson. which might suit them better?

With Hopper and particularly Jay reinvigorated, I like the idea that we're putting more steel into midfield alongside Read to give Jay and Noah a more attacking mandate.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 3353 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Lawrence returns to Southampton.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/nico-lawrence/

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 15:46 - Jan 25 with 3347 viewsthrillseeker

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 15:16 - Jan 25 by RSCOSWORTH

Lawrence returns to Southampton.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/nico-lawrence/

That is sad as at our level he was a good player

Shame he got injured when he did
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024