Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 20:45 - Jan 14 with 17945 viewsModeratorC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61736
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61738
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61743/match-day-morning-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61745/swansea-city-v-sou
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61746/swansea-city-match

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jan 14 with 7722 viewsbuilthjack

They have just gone 20 games unbeaten, equaling a record from over 100 years ago.
Let’s not make it 21.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 23:29 - Jan 14 with 7670 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jan 14 by builthjack

They have just gone 20 games unbeaten, equaling a record from over 100 years ago.
Let’s not make it 21.

Early kick off, someone to win by the odd goal, we done WBA, no reason why this lot can’t go the same way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 05:59 - Jan 15 with 7561 viewsRichardO

Will we do as we did against Leicester and set up too defensively.
Happy to keep things tight but I feel that this season when we have tried to closing players down high up the park we don't do it in such a way to box in the man on the ball cutting their options down carefully isolating the player out wide on the touchlines. Even then good teams often beat that press with the long balls switching play or straight over the top both of which test the defensive organising skill of our pressing team.
Thought against Brum, Lowe and the team did quite well in the closing down department.
And yet we created our own problem for the first Brum goal, given we had just scored.
From our clearance why did Darling go forward to try and win the aerial battle high up the pitch instead of consolated the defensive position especially as Dembele didn't track back to cover him giving him a free run in on goal when the loose ball fell to the opposition.
Ok if Darling did think it was a good idea because it had some success in previous games why didn't someone cover his position it seems we lacked the players to read the dangers as they present themselves and act accordingly.I mentioned Leicester because we didn't get to grips with players who hold their attacking positions, Dewsbury-Hall was not marked properly similar to Dembele and caused us problems.
Luke Williams has a lot of work to do in changing the mindset/ability of some of our players to read dangers as they present themselves, it may have a lot to do with Shoehorning players into positions because of the number of injuries we have had leading to no consistency in the team selection or even the many number of substitutions that seem to be a necessity these days does not help..

We did get move the ball quicker against Brum but it does seem as if Luke Williams has to address the initial 30 mins
of a style of play that invites teams to take an early lead and the teams inability to not crumble under press.
A number of hard games coming up and it would seem our attacking threat increased against Brum on the left but the righthand side still remains a problem.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 06:13 - Jan 15 with 7557 viewsKeithHaynes

Trying out some new software on the match day thread.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Jan 15 with 7510 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 23:29 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

Early kick off, someone to win by the odd goal, we done WBA, no reason why this lot can’t go the same way.

It’s up to our players to put a shift in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 07:49 - Jan 15 with 7505 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Still a few thousand tickets left.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 09:48 - Jan 16 with 7071 viewspete

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Jan 15 by builthjack

like your optimisum Builth but can only see one out come as much as i want us to win
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 09:55 - Jan 16 with 7058 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 09:48 - Jan 16 by pete

like your optimisum Builth but can only see one out come as much as i want us to win

I wish I could avoid this game.
Feel like a rubber necker .
Just hope we don’t go down the early Martin route of suicide slow passing around at the back.
Martin has the players to destroy us completely.
He will know how Williams will set us up.
Hopefully, we will be astonished ,in the right way .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 10:46 - Jan 16 with 7041 viewsRichardO

Hopefully by Saturday our team will know the differences between quick and rushed passing, if we are pressed properly then the passing becomes rushed ending up as kick and hope.
Noticed Rushworth came a lot further out of his box to offer the extra man further up the park allowing Grimes to stay out of the defences way on Saturday by the time Mowbray's team's press tired.
Hope Williams leaves Cullen on the left hand side he linked up well with Tymon giving him space and balls to run onto, it stopped Paterson from blocking Tymon's path down the wing also I would say that Paterson has a natural tendency when playing on the left to cut back inside then find he cannot get quick ball down the wing having turn away leaving Tymon's runs go unnoticed, on Saturday playing more on the right hand side that tendency to play in that direction left him able to play quick ball to Parker so would be happy to see him play in that role again the only problem is who is going to play in the Parker role given his injury, Congreve seem to have a couple of tricks that allowed him to get pass his defender when he came on late in games in that position but he hasn't been seen since Martin gave him a start in a different position and substituted him very early in the game, good player management?
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 13:44 - Jan 16 with 6976 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 09:55 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Just hope we don’t go down the early Martin route of suicide slow passing around at the back.

Martin has made them £160 million in transfers, and got them near the top of the league, and is on a 20 game unbeaten run. He cant be as bad as some on here say, surely ?
1-0 Swans.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 14:04 - Jan 16 with 6936 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 13:44 - Jan 16 by builthjack

Martin has made them £160 million in transfers, and got them near the top of the league, and is on a 20 game unbeaten run. He cant be as bad as some on here say, surely ?
1-0 Swans.

There’s only so much a coach can do before the players do their bit. And they’ve got better players than us.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 14:11 - Jan 16 with 6931 viewsSTID2017

You manage to avoid every other game ?
What is the difference ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 14:44 - Jan 16 with 6912 viewsKeithHaynes

His main midfield (ish) assets are Downes and Manning if recent reports are to be believed.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 6905 viewsbuilthjack

I thought you said Martin was useless.
He made £160 million for them in the summer, yet they are still up the top.
Dare i say he might be a good coach.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 15:06 - Jan 16 with 6897 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 14:51 - Jan 16 by builthjack

I thought you said Martin was useless.
He made £160 million for them in the summer, yet they are still up the top.
Dare i say he might be a good coach.

He won’t be responsible for that bit, it’s the other stuff he isn’t responsible for - that he is responsible for.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Jan 16 with 6865 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 15:06 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

He won’t be responsible for that bit, it’s the other stuff he isn’t responsible for - that he is responsible for.

So he is not responsible for the stuff he is not responsible for and responsible for the stuff he is responsible for. Is that Martin or Perch?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 15:55 - Jan 16 with 6863 viewsbuilthjack

Southampton have sold all 1971 tickets allocated to them.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Jan 16 with 6804 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Jan 16 by builthjack

So he is not responsible for the stuff he is not responsible for and responsible for the stuff he is responsible for. Is that Martin or Perch?

As he’s been mentioned again.
Martin 😂👍

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 21:03 - Jan 16 with 6683 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 15:55 - Jan 16 by builthjack

Southampton have sold all 1971 tickets allocated to them.

That was a decent year in fairness, I was 10 can't remember if I had a scooter or a skateboard back then, I think it might have been a bit early for the Skateboard era though

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 21:07 - Jan 16 with 6669 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 21:03 - Jan 16 by max936

That was a decent year in fairness, I was 10 can't remember if I had a scooter or a skateboard back then, I think it might have been a bit early for the Skateboard era though

A Chopper? Always wanted one, never got one😒

We’re the same age.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 21:36 - Jan 16 with 6637 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 21:07 - Jan 16 by union_jack

A Chopper? Always wanted one, never got one😒

We’re the same age.

Never had a Chopper that I remember, I fondly remember my Mams Brother [another who has now sadly passed] building me a Bike it was a cracker to, he was like my elder brother when I was growing up.
Another one who suffered greatly with illness for many years, my Mother had a terrible cruel illness that caused her death over a shorter time than my Uncle, as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 11:30 - Jan 18 with 6191 viewsSTID2017

As my parents could never afford a Raleigh Chopper, I remember entering all sorts of competitions to try and win one.
Needless to say no luck.
Probably just as well as on the hills of Clase I would have killed myself going down and if not probably had to push it all the way back up
Anyway, on topic, welcome back RM.
With backing he could have done better here

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 6112 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Jan 16 by builthjack

Why you bringing up Perch again.Is Winston on holiday ?
We are supposed to have quit agenda on here
You still have one along with three others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 14:30 - Jan 18 with 6086 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread on 13:20 - Jan 18 by onehunglow

Why you bringing up Perch again.Is Winston on holiday ?
We are supposed to have quit agenda on here
You still have one along with three others

Intriguing...

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 14:41 - Jan 18 with 6079 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 23/24 on 11:30 - Jan 18 by STID2017

As my parents could never afford a Raleigh Chopper, I remember entering all sorts of competitions to try and win one.
Needless to say no luck.
Probably just as well as on the hills of Clase I would have killed myself going down and if not probably had to push it all the way back up
Anyway, on topic, welcome back RM.
With backing he could have done better here

No welcome for Martin I'm afraid, with no backing in his last transfer window he managed to have a good spell at the end of the season with the same players but changed his side to offer some unpredictability leaving the opposition to work out how to play against his team.
Good managers have to work out how to play against different teams changing tactics to suit.
Martin mention he has gained from the experiences he has had, shame he didn't learn earlier with us, hopefully Williams will have enough experience of Martin to work out how to play against him to our advantage.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024