Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane 18:35 - Feb 23 with 1911 viewsdurham_exile

DC has had another week to galvanise his troops ahead of the ultimate six pointer at Gander Green Lane against Sutton United.

The U’s have made one final, the Essex Senior Cup after defeating Hashtag United 3-2 on Tuesday night.

There are still six teams (at the moment) in the relegation mix, but Salford have hit some form at the right time.

Salford 33 39
Doncaster 32 36
COL U 32 30
Grimsby 31 29
FGR 32 23
Sutton 33 22

Steve Morison is in charge at Sutton and they (like many League Two clubs) have a healthy number of former U’s amongst their ranks – Omar Sowunmi, Ryan Jackson and Craig Eastmond. Former Cumbrian Omari Patrick is a danger man for them.

Quite frankly tomorrow is all about three points for the U’s. No excuses and no slip ups. Defeat for Sutton will virtually relegate them (even though it is still February) because they will be cut adrift and would require 25 more points from 12 matches to give them 47 and possible survival. With our vital game at Moor Lane to come on Tuesday night a handsome victory tomorrow will set us up nicely for that game.

FGR play in form side Tranmere tomorrow and Grimsby travel to Morecambe. Enough said.

Now it really is a question of fitness for Arthur Read. I suspect that he will get some game time but will not start the game. Should he be deemed to be fully fit then Chilvers would be benched instead but there is no point in risking him from the start at this stage. Will Harry Anderson start, possibly not and Owura Edwards will therefore be on the bench instead.

Kells and Tovide remain sidelined.

So,

Goodman

Richardson Harbottle Hall Iandolo

Fevrier McGeehan Smith

Chilvers

Ihionvien Hopper

Subs
Hornby Jay Mingi Wilkinson Dallison Edwards Read

The weather in South London will be 7 degrees Celsius with light rain and a gentle breeze.

For Wessex – Southern Trains are operating a normal Saturday service to Sutton Station (I don’t know whether that is a good thing or not!).

Safe journey to the travelling Faithful.

Scoreline, a professional job from DC and a 3-0 U’s victory. Bradley Ihionvien, Alistair Smith and Jayden Fevrier with the goals.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 23 Feb 20:30]

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 19:30 - Feb 23 with 1438 viewswessex_exile

Nice one Durham, and thanks for the travel tip - tickets booked to Sutton, which is only just over a mile from the ground. No blog tomorrow as a result.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 20:19 - Feb 23 with 1420 viewsthrillseeker

Annoyingly have to work tomorrow so BBC Essex it will have to be.

I don't care if it is a scrappy undeserved 1-0 or a positively brilliant 5-0 performance. It is all about victory tomorrow
Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 20:54 - Feb 23 with 1401 viewsburnsieespana

We must be due a good result against Sutton and I don't care if it is an own goal which gives us the win
[Post edited 24 Feb 8:45]
Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 01:48 - Feb 24 with 1351 viewsghughes11

Love your optimism as always Durham

Chilvers has been playing his best football of the season in a deeper role alongside Smith and so IF the Cowleys were to use your formation, I would swap Chilvers and McGeehan around.

However, I don't think the Cowleys will change too much at this time of the season, so I reckon they will go:

Goodman

Fevrier Chilvers Smith Anderson

McGeehan

Hopper

0-1 Col U for me, with a well worked Col U goal. Smith there to tap in from inside the six-yard box to score against his former club!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 08:38 - Feb 24 with 1324 viewsBLACKCAT

Today's will be Morison's ninth game in charge. They have been very unfortunate not to win any of those matches and haven't been faraway in all of them. Let's hope today isn't the day their luck changes.
Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 08:47 - Feb 24 with 1310 viewsburnsieespana

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 08:38 - Feb 24 by BLACKCAT

Today's will be Morison's ninth game in charge. They have been very unfortunate not to win any of those matches and haven't been faraway in all of them. Let's hope today isn't the day their luck changes.

Our record against Sutton is very poor.
Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 09:10 - Feb 24 with 1303 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 01:48 - Feb 24 by ghughes11

Love your optimism as always Durham

Chilvers has been playing his best football of the season in a deeper role alongside Smith and so IF the Cowleys were to use your formation, I would swap Chilvers and McGeehan around.

However, I don't think the Cowleys will change too much at this time of the season, so I reckon they will go:

Goodman

Fevrier Chilvers Smith Anderson

McGeehan

Hopper

0-1 Col U for me, with a well worked Col U goal. Smith there to tap in from inside the six-yard box to score against his former club!

ghughes enjoy the game today.

DC will have a decision to make when Read returns.

Can he play Smith Read McGeehan Chilvers Fevrier in the same line up with the four at the back.
Leaving a single striker from Hopper Ihionvien Tovide or even Akinde and then where does Kells play or who gives way for him, Harbottle or Hall.

In DC we trust.

Expect Read to get some minutes today.
He plays well with Smith.

We will see at 4:50pm.

More importantly three points to spell potential doom for our South London fiends.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 10:43 - Feb 24 with 1277 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 09:10 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

ghughes enjoy the game today.

DC will have a decision to make when Read returns.

Can he play Smith Read McGeehan Chilvers Fevrier in the same line up with the four at the back.
Leaving a single striker from Hopper Ihionvien Tovide or even Akinde and then where does Kells play or who gives way for him, Harbottle or Hall.

In DC we trust.

Expect Read to get some minutes today.
He plays well with Smith.

We will see at 4:50pm.

More importantly three points to spell potential doom for our South London fiends.

Up the U's

4.50 Durham?
More like 5.15 with all the extra time we play now!
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 10:48 - Feb 24 with 1276 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 10:43 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

4.50 Durham?
More like 5.15 with all the extra time we play now!

Very good Gerry

And accurate too!

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 11:00 - Feb 24 with 1273 viewsdurham_exile

DC looks likely to play Arthur Read today.

If so then if he retains Chilvers it will probably mean a lone striker.

We will know at 2pm.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 14:06 - Feb 24 with 1227 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 11:00 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

DC looks likely to play Arthur Read today.

If so then if he retains Chilvers it will probably mean a lone striker.

We will know at 2pm.

Up the U's

Team

Goodman

Fevrier Smith Read Chilvers

McGeehan

Akinde

Subs
Hornby Egbo Mingi Ihionvien Dallison Jay Hopper

Good to see Egbo back in contention.

My only question mark will be Big John's ability to last more than 45 mins.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 15:09 - Feb 24 with 1199 viewsdurham_exile

McGeehan 1-0

Come on

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 15:22 - Feb 24 with 1179 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 15:09 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

McGeehan 1-0

Come on

Nothing less than a win today

Now 1-1

Come on not good enough.

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 15:51 - Feb 24 with 1155 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 15:22 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Nothing less than a win today

Now 1-1

Come on not good enough.

HT 1-1

Much to do

Meanwhile FGR lead 1-0 against Tranmere

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:21 - Feb 24 with 1134 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 15:51 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

HT 1-1

Much to do

Meanwhile FGR lead 1-0 against Tranmere

Come on

A win virtually relegates Sutton

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:23 - Feb 24 with 1133 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:21 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Come on

A win virtually relegates Sutton

Up the U's

Time to change it up

Bring on Bradley Ihionvien

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:29 - Feb 24 with 1129 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:23 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Time to change it up

Bring on Bradley Ihionvien

Up the U's

Hopper on for Akinde

Egbo on for Richardson

Why does DC not like Ihionvien

Come on

We simply must win this game.

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:45 - Feb 24 with 1108 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:29 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Hopper on for Akinde

Egbo on for Richardson

Why does DC not like Ihionvien

Come on

We simply must win this game.

Come on we must win this

My favourite Devante Rodney has just equalised for Rochdale at Chesterfield.

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:49 - Feb 24 with 1106 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:45 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Come on we must win this

My favourite Devante Rodney has just equalised for Rochdale at Chesterfield.

Jay on for Fevrier

Come on

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:52 - Feb 24 with 1100 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:49 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Jay on for Fevrier

Come on

Is Harbottle a liability.

Conceded a penalty with handball but Goodman saves it.

Come on.

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 17:01 - Feb 24 with 1088 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 16:52 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Is Harbottle a liability.

Conceded a penalty with handball but Goodman saves it.

Come on.

Two more points dropped.

But it could have been worse but Goodman saved the penalty.

Bring on the Ammies

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 17:03 - Feb 24 with 1086 viewsburnsieespana

I suppose a point minimises the damage but somehow we urgently need to get a win as FGR are on an upward projector and reality is two from four teams of which we are one!
[Post edited 24 Feb 17:25]
Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 17:14 - Feb 24 with 1057 viewsCrashBandicoot

We're drawing more that Neil Buchanan at the moment...

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 18:09 - Feb 24 with 1002 viewsdurham_exile

Great support from the U's today with 787 out of a crowd of 3472.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to secure vital victory at soggy Gander Green Lane on 21:46 - Feb 24 with 903 viewswessex_exile

Excellent support as always, but to be honest poor performance overall. We controlled the game for the first 15 minutes or so, but once they got the goal back we largely remained on the back foot. It doesn't matter now, but I'm not so certain about our second being offside, though hard to tell from behind the goal. Great save from Goodman to preserve the point, but we didn't deserve more than that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024