Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane 22:07 - Feb 26 with 1298 viewsdurham_exile

Well, we keep on picking up a point, but it is not enough. DC has steadied the ship but we are still rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Tuesday evening and our rearranged game at Moor Lane now becomes of huge significance with Stockport County in Town on Saturday.

We have a decent record against the Ammies, the pitch will be in poor condition (similar to the JCS then!) and although they lost heavily at Mansfield (who doesn’t) Karl Robinson has transformed the side so much so that they are virtually safe from the dreaded relegation. Robinson has Matt Smith and Luke Garbutt to draw on together with (if fit) Ossama Ashley. Theo Vassell is suspended for the Ammies after receiving a straight red card on Saturday.

So, do the Colchester players truly appreciate our predicament. Had it not been for Owen Goodman on Saturday the U’s would have been even more in the brown and pungent than we are. We are just about getting by at present. Don’t blame DC he is still revered and rightly so but draws must be converted into victories.

The sooner we can begin to play without this fear that creeps into the play the better.
League Two is so open this year. Down to Newport County in 16th spot all those teams will fancy they can creep into the top seven. Meanwhile it is two from four to go down to the National League.

Tomorrow the U’s must try to manage a performance which will not only give a return from Salford but also prepare for the League leaders visit on Saturday.

If Jayden Fevrier is unfit then that will be a blow to morale, but we do at least have a wealth of talent in midfield. I would like to see Owura Edwards brought back into the team to provide some width on the left side of the field.

Now is Riley Harbottle a liability at the back; he has conceded an own goal, a penalty on two occasions but balance that with a marvellous goal line saving interception on Saturday. I don’t think that DC will drop him from the starting XI.

So, something like this at Moor Lane

Goodman

Richardson Harbottle Hall Iandolo

Read Smith

McGeehan Chilvers Edwards

Ihionvien

Subs:
Egbo Mingi Hornby Dallison Wilkinson Hopper Akinde

Kells and Tovide are still out but hopefully both will be available for the vital games to come.

COL U 33 31
Grimsby 32 30
FGR 33 26
Sutton 34 23

If we say that 48 points are needed to guarantee survival, then we need another 17 points from 13 games. Possibly 5 more wins will do it with a couple of drawn games. Sounds easy I know.

Salford A*
Stockport H
Barrow A*
Doncaster H
Walsall H
Mansfield A (Live on Sky Sports)*
Newport H
Tranmere A*
Wrexham H
Crawley A
Grimsby H
Notts Co A*
Crewe H*
*Denotes I will be attending the game.

It will be 5 degrees Celsius. Cloudy but dry at Salford.

Kirsty Dowle will be refereeing the game at Moor Lane.

A hard fought but determined 2-1 win for the U’s to rekindle their survival hopes ahead of the Hatters at the weekend.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. I am travelling with my youngest son to the match.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 26 Feb 22:46]

Durham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 10:41 - Feb 27 with 1177 viewsdurham_exile

Weather update rain in Salford until 4pm
Dry later and for the match.

Waders optional!

Safe journey all.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 19:40 - Feb 27 with 1104 viewsBFG

Read on the bench
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 20:42 - Feb 27 with 1042 viewsthrillseeker

Looked good first 10 minutes, then both teams looked poor. Despite this we looked comfortable but then concede in last minute of half.

We have missed a number of good chances
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 20:44 - Feb 27 with 1037 viewsdurham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 20:42 - Feb 27 by thrillseeker

Looked good first 10 minutes, then both teams looked poor. Despite this we looked comfortable but then concede in last minute of half.

We have missed a number of good chances

Bradley must play second half.

Our defence (Dallison) simply stopped presenting Smith with the easiest tap in.

Lots to do second half.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 20:46 - Feb 27 with 1032 viewsWitham

Goodmayes doesn't control the box. The cross was his to claim.
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 21:19 - Feb 27 with 996 viewsCrashBandicoot

Even worse news, FGR are winning and Sutton are level at Notts County. Come on Hollywood FC...

We really must step up a gear and go for them.
[Post edited 27 Feb 21:25]

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 21:31 - Feb 27 with 975 viewsCrashBandicoot

Its 1-1 thamks to Ihionvien! Now lets push for the win.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:09 - Feb 27 with 911 viewswessex_exile

Hard to know what to make of that one - good start (again), energy levels dropped off (again), loss of concentration to concede (again), but the changes got us back into it (again). Salford were a tough opponent, and on any other day I would have been happy with a hard won point, but it's the wrong end of the season and we're in too much trouble to accept that.

If either of the bottom two were to get 3pts, I would have preferred Sutton, who I suspect are probably going to be relegated, but our survival chances were given a massive boost by Planet Hollywood finally turning their dominance into an injury time equaliser at FGR. Still 5pts clear, six with goal difference, and the games are running out for the bottom two, but we desperately need a win against Stockport - tough ask!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 892 viewsthrillseeker

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:09 - Feb 27 by wessex_exile

Hard to know what to make of that one - good start (again), energy levels dropped off (again), loss of concentration to concede (again), but the changes got us back into it (again). Salford were a tough opponent, and on any other day I would have been happy with a hard won point, but it's the wrong end of the season and we're in too much trouble to accept that.

If either of the bottom two were to get 3pts, I would have preferred Sutton, who I suspect are probably going to be relegated, but our survival chances were given a massive boost by Planet Hollywood finally turning their dominance into an injury time equaliser at FGR. Still 5pts clear, six with goal difference, and the games are running out for the bottom two, but we desperately need a win against Stockport - tough ask!

You sum up most of my thoughts.

Both teams were really poor

Have to question the starting X1 and formation.

I think Cowleys got lucky again.

Hearing BBC Essex say we played well was unbelievable

Will be interesting to see if Ihionvien & Jay get a starting place next game as we looked slightly better with these two on pitch.

The only real positives are that we did not lose and it was only £10 to watch on ifollow

Roll on Saturday
[Post edited 27 Feb 22:20]
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 890 viewsburnsieespana

How vital is the game against Grimcby going to be?
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:30 - Feb 27 with 876 viewsfranksic1988

We have no mobility up front!! I mean it’s not a bad point but we do need more…. I’d happily take a point Saturday and tonight if we had won v Sutton and FG Rovers.
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:43 - Feb 27 with 867 viewsBLACKCAT

"May you live in interesting times" is a Chinese saying, and they don't mean it kindly. I think Colchester supporters, along with those of FGR, Sutton and Grimsby, have an "interesting" eight and a half weeks ahead of them. But you've got an ace in the hole with the Cowleys. I remember Danny saying when his Huddersfield side seemed in real danger "we'll go down over my dead body"!
I trust it won't come to that as surely after six draws in eight games you'll be turning them into wins soon. But whatever happens just remember "you've got the Cowley brothers" and next season will be enjoyable wherever The U's are!
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 00:24 - Feb 28 with 837 viewsdurham_exile

The faithful really love DC and NC.

Great scenes at the final whistle with the players shaking hands with the faithful and Bradley talking to everyone.

We deserved to win the game simply because Bradleys arrival transformed the game and the chances mounted up for the U's

A difficult energy sapping pitch.
A referee who had a decent first half and then a mare second half.

Great to see Noah and a good turnout from the faithful again tonight

My son was delighted to shake hands with DC and Bradley.

As well as a win at Mansfield I am now looking for three points at Meadow Lane after they capitulated again this time to Sutton.

Prat of the night definitely Karl Robinson with his outbursts and gestures. I would imagine he is becoming another Warnock.

Safe journey home for the faithful. We got back at 1145pm after a good journey.

The M6 was also clear after the serious accident earlier which delayed our journey to Salford.

Fortunately we arrived with minutes to spare.

The Ammies had undercatered and reserves were brought in just before the game and at half time.

Villain of the night Matt Smith just got being Smith.

Hero of the night Bradley Ihionvien who must start on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 06:50 - Feb 28 with 809 viewsfranksic1988

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 22:43 - Feb 27 by BLACKCAT

"May you live in interesting times" is a Chinese saying, and they don't mean it kindly. I think Colchester supporters, along with those of FGR, Sutton and Grimsby, have an "interesting" eight and a half weeks ahead of them. But you've got an ace in the hole with the Cowleys. I remember Danny saying when his Huddersfield side seemed in real danger "we'll go down over my dead body"!
I trust it won't come to that as surely after six draws in eight games you'll be turning them into wins soon. But whatever happens just remember "you've got the Cowley brothers" and next season will be enjoyable wherever The U's are!

A ace in the hole with the Cowleys. Let’s get some sense here. They’re not klopp or pep.
We are hardly climbing the table bagging results…. Yes we are it seems harder to beat. We are hardly playing good football. I say at times they make good changes but some of the decisions are a bit iffy….

Colchester has a culture of getting ride of managers. This can’t continue for the club to grow. I’d like to see the cowleys come hell or high water see their contract out. I just fear we are living off past glories with the cowleys. Let’s just take it game by game. If we use our eyes we can see we are really in a dog fight here.

Words are very cheap and past glories count for nothing. We was once a championship side that now could be non league.
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 09:35 - Feb 28 with 737 viewsnoah4x4

Junior Tchamadu and Steve Gillespie were amongst the U’s fans. What a difference they might have made! Home after 0300, so plenty of journey time on a noisy bus to reflect. Akinde and Hopper are pretty good at aerial thuggery, but I can’t see either scoring against younger, fitter, faster defences that steal the ball off their toes. Bradley offers a solution, and must start on Saturday.

What many folk also seem to be forgetting is that Grimsby must still play the U’s, Forest Green, and Sutton. Consider the latter two fixtures. They all cannot take three points. However, if we beat the Mariners, our plight is massively eased. I feel the original (Grimsby and Salford) postponements were a bonus as a boggy pitch might have been a great leveller, (as was last nights pitch). Salford’s sole tactic was an aerial bombardment and we were little better. But we cannot play “football” on a bog, and the Jobserve pitch is potentially our worst hindrance. Frankly, I think it was a good point in the circumstances albeit we must thank Wrexham for the skulduggery that won a last minute penalty.
DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 14:15 - Feb 28 with 672 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Got to keep believing, got to keep trusting and got to keep supporting.

It's one defeat in eight under the Cowley's and you could argue the case for a Col U win in at least five or six of those games. We've often been the better side, at times anyway, and it's just a case of taking our chances and cutting out individual errors. I feel like we're so close but our fragile confidence is holding us back. If we could just win like three from four then things would seem so much more positive.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 18:25 - Feb 28 with 623 viewswessex_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 14:15 - Feb 28 by RSCOSWORTH

Got to keep believing, got to keep trusting and got to keep supporting.

It's one defeat in eight under the Cowley's and you could argue the case for a Col U win in at least five or six of those games. We've often been the better side, at times anyway, and it's just a case of taking our chances and cutting out individual errors. I feel like we're so close but our fragile confidence is holding us back. If we could just win like three from four then things would seem so much more positive.

100% agree with this, fine margins and all that. If we're slightly downcast about getting only a point last night imagine the post-match 'well of despair' atmosphere in the FGR dressing room.

Up the U's

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 18:34 - Feb 28 with 621 viewsbwildered

Feels like we need to equalise, before they score .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" a Moor Lane on 20:12 - Feb 28 with 610 viewsdurham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 18:34 - Feb 28 by bwildered

Feels like we need to equalise, before they score .

First half we missed two very presentable chances and then a really soft goal on the strike of half time.

Once Bradley scored it seemed that we would go on to win.
Bradley himself almost scored a second but the keeper recovered brilliantly

I didn't see Stevie G amongst the faithful. Always one of my favourites £400k from Cheltenham, those were the days.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 20:38 - Feb 28 with 603 viewsdurham_exile

Interesting stats in the Salford Programme last night.

League Two top fives

Dribbles completed
No 1 Jayden Fevrier 84

Saves
No 4 Owen Goodman 94

Up the U's

Durham_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 21:05 - Feb 28 with 599 viewswessex_exile

DC's U's to prevail against the "Dirty Old Town" at Moor Lane on 20:38 - Feb 28 by durham_exile

Interesting stats in the Salford Programme last night.

League Two top fives

Dribbles completed
No 1 Jayden Fevrier 84

Saves
No 4 Owen Goodman 94

Up the U's

Important stats to bear in mind, considering both of them at times get berated by the Faithful. I know that individual errors by Owen have cost us a few points recently, but we shouldn't overlook the points he's saved us as well - Sutton is a perfect example, when we needed him most.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024