Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing like getting stuck in ….. 13:11 - Feb 28 with 412 viewsbwildered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52416192

Much better than Bet and Elsie fighting in the Rovers on a Wed’s night Corrie .
[Post edited 28 Feb 13:29]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Nothing like getting stuck in ….. on 13:47 - Feb 28 with 383 viewsWitham

What about Man Utd in the world club championship around 1967 ?
Nothing like getting stuck in ….. on 19:02 - Feb 28 with 328 viewswessex_exile

Fascinating article, and a game I did watch as a callow seven year old. I remember more though the gleeful taunting at school the following day, which at the time appeared to have an unhealthily large amount of Essex-based Leeds supporters. My true passion for football wasn't really ignited until the Charlie George final the following year, and I temporarily lived in a world where whoever I wanted to win the FA Cup Final would do so...happy days!

By coincidence, I watched a re-run of the Damned United earlier this week. It got me thinking about the legacy of Don Revie and the reputational damage to Leeds United, aside from the financial mismanagement and bribery allegations which were never really tested in court. Undoubtedly Leeds during the Revie era were one of the best club sides in Europe, albeit trophies for the most part eluded them. Did Revie's playing style diminish and undermine that reputation, denying them the accolades that their skill clearly deserved? I know Revie is still revered among the Leeds fanbase, but do any (Whales?) I wonder perhaps wish with the benefit of hindsight he'd chosen a different approach to the beautiful game?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024