Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I did it... 16:57 - Mar 2 with 483 viewsgerry_us

Forecast wins for Forest Green and Sutton.
With my form it was great for the U's
I did it... on 17:03 - Mar 2 with 473 viewswessex_exile

Taking one for the team there Gerry - cheers chap.

Perfect results as far as I was concerned, but I was getting nervous after Tranmere missed their penalty.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

I did it... on 17:24 - Mar 2 with 449 viewsdurham_exile

Good results.

The situation remains within our own capability.

We simply have to start winning games to confirm their relegation and our survival.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

I did it... on 17:49 - Mar 2 with 420 viewsCrashBandicoot

We have 1 game in hand over FGR & 2 over Sutton who are 5 & 6 points behind us respectively. We do need to win our next few to push ourselves away from them.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

I did it... on 17:52 - Mar 2 with 417 viewsnoah4x4

Deprived of my footie fix (that is before Villa came on TV at 1730), I’ve had a fascinating afternoon watching the 2023 movie “Ferrari”. Not the greatest flick I’ve ever seen, but I discovered a personal connection that I have had for 60 years without any real cognisance of the events.

When I was a young boy (age around 8 to 10), my parents, sister and I would regularly cycle from my home town of Kidderminster to nearby Bromsgrove, and we always stopped about half way for a picnic lunch at the village of Mustow Green, where my mum would always pick and put a few fresh wild flowers on the grave of Peter Collins.

Whilst I knew he was a motor racing driver killed when racing, until today, when portrayed in the movie, I didn’t realise that he was a star at Ferrari, and a peer of Stirling Moss, John Surtees, Fangio etc. The movie portrays how Collins was favoured with the more powerful Ferrari in the 1957 Mille Miglia. and how his colleague that had swapped cars then crashed killing himself and nine spectators, an event that ended Italian road racing. Controversy followed, with Enzo Ferrari initially charged with manslaughter. Collins himself was killed the following year. It was a seriously dangerous sport in that era.

I recall that his grave was simple, with little more to suggest sporting success other than a tiny Statue of Liberty like Gold Flame at its centre. Nothing remotely or gloriously appropriate to his achievements. But it is funny how a movie brought back happy thoughts of bikes, picnics and the occasional puncture.
[Post edited 2 Mar 18:00]
I did it... on 18:15 - Mar 2 with 391 viewsBLACKCAT

I did it... on 17:24 - Mar 2 by durham_exile

Good results.

The situation remains within our own capability.

We simply have to start winning games to confirm their relegation and our survival.

Up the U's

The 93rd minute goal FGR conceded on Tuesday followed by their loss today have swung things decisively. Another defeat for Sutton means it's looking fairly healthy for Colchester though, obviously, you're not out of the woods yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024