Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Pell 08:33 - Mar 8 with 521 viewsTheOldOakTree

Accused of intentionally hoofing balls into the MK Dongs crowd, during the warm up (presumably he had no buckets of shit to hand).

The FA have given him until only the 11th March to explain himself, which is a bit ripe.

The FA have had 20 years to explain why they let Milton Keynes steal a football club from a dedicated group of fans, but as yet, they still have not been able to put forward any form of rational explanation.

As someone who clings on to a hope of one day completing the ‘92’ I have read various comments on sites dedicated to the subject. Under the heading of ‘worst grounds visited’ my favourite comment was “MK Dons ground, because it’s a 60 mile walk from Wimbledon tube station”.
Harry Pell on 09:05 - Mar 8 with 486 viewsbwildered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68504625

No names or pack drill - Seen this happen in a cup game, where the referee abandoned game with five mins left because of fog. Visiting ex U’s keeper in frustration with his side one up, kicked the ball into the crowd knocking a women straight in the head, knocking her over. All hell started on the pitch. Needless to say the reply was an uncomfortable affair. Bouncers from visiting side in attendance.

Mick Mahon also knock a guy over from a free kick at the Spion Kop end that skimmed the top of the bar, must have been early 70’s.
[Post edited 8 Mar 9:08]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Harry Pell on 09:44 - Mar 8 with 464 viewsTheOldOakTree

Harry Pell on 09:05 - Mar 8 by bwildered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68504625

No names or pack drill - Seen this happen in a cup game, where the referee abandoned game with five mins left because of fog. Visiting ex U’s keeper in frustration with his side one up, kicked the ball into the crowd knocking a women straight in the head, knocking her over. All hell started on the pitch. Needless to say the reply was an uncomfortable affair. Bouncers from visiting side in attendance.

Mick Mahon also knock a guy over from a free kick at the Spion Kop end that skimmed the top of the bar, must have been early 70’s.
[Post edited 8 Mar 9:08]

I was at the Shabby Stadium years ago for an evening game, when it was the tiny uncovered terrace behind the goal. Like most things at Cambridge, the kids in the refreshments ‘shed’ were utterly useless and it took an age to get served.

As I’m standing there, during the warm up, a longtime U’s supporter (I don’t know his name, but he’s a very nice chap who we would all recognize from 200yds), arrived with a cup of tea, after queuing for at least 10 minutes.

As if it had been choreographed, just as he was about to take his first sip, a stray ball knocked the cup clean out of his hand, with almost comic timing. Obviously, I pissed myself with laughter.

Going back to the original topic, what sort of world do we live in, where it’s OK for Dongs fans to handle stolen goods, but there has to be an inquest if someone floats a Puma Orbita in their general direction.

If we start extending sympathy to MK Dongs supporters, we might as well let mass murderers off with a caution.
Harry Pell on 17:47 - Mar 8 with 403 viewsburnsieespana

Having a cricket ball heading for you is far more worrying g!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024