Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STH fans Forum 19:53 - Apr 18 with 536 viewsnoah4x4

Anybody else watching the live stream? It’s now the HT break.

In the first half, I was impressed with the Cowley’s strategy planning. More like an MBA graduates’s business plan than regular perceptions of football. However, simply presented and most players and U’s staff should grasp its sound principles.

STH fans Forum on 19:54 - Apr 18 with 529 viewsWitham

I'm there in person
STH fans Forum on 23:38 - Apr 18 with 465 viewswessex_exile

I watched all of it, and apart from the somewhat clunky presentation, I thought it was pretty good. The Cowley's outlining their strategy was very welcome, and Robbie's plans for the under pitch drainage were welcome to hear. He was also as tactfully discrete as he could be about some of the issues outside the stadium that are largely beyond our control.

No doubt certain factions in our support base will pick up on a few things, particularly Robbie refusing to commit to a 7/9 year plan, that will definitely get them hot under their collars. But I agree, long term aspirations are not only empty words, but definitely hostages for fortune for those who would inevitably come back and say "ha - you failed".

We all know that our goal has to be promotion back to League 1 - you don't need the chairman to say it to know that. However, it was good that he didn't put that burden of expectation on Danny and Nicky to achieve it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

STH fans Forum on 09:04 - Apr 19 with 424 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I watched all of it too, mostly live on YouTube. I agree with Wessex that it wasn't the most polished in terms of how it was presented and delivered but thought they did a pretty decent job overall. It was interesting to hear Danny's thoughts regarding how he wants the team to play, the kind of players they like in certain positions and how they go about their business in general. You do kind of feel that if these two can't sort us out then we don't have much of a chance.

I appreciate everything that Robbie does for the club and I'm grateful to have an owner that isn't going to let us go down the pan but these kind of forums really aren't his forte.

I'm guessing from what was said about three clubs having much bigger budgets than the rest of the division one of them was Forest Green and the other two? Wrexham and Stockport I'm assuming.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

STH fans Forum on 09:14 - Apr 19 with 420 viewswessex_exile

Special mention for the chap who took the opportunity to complain about his meal from two years ago! Please tell me that wasn’t you Witham

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

STH fans Forum on 09:23 - Apr 19 with 418 viewsRSCOSWORTH

STH fans Forum on 09:14 - Apr 19 by wessex_exile

Special mention for the chap who took the opportunity to complain about his meal from two years ago! Please tell me that wasn’t you Witham

Ha Ha! That was a wonderful moment, not for Mr Cowling though who once again struggled to deal with any kind of negativity or criticism. The guy came forward on Facebook last night, he still seems pretty miffed about it.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

STH fans Forum on 13:41 - Apr 19 with 374 viewsbwildered

Much said has been continually been repeated by different personal over the last few seasons regardless of slides and PowerPoint presentations.
Much venting by the Cowley’s getting everyone onside, but the buck does stop with results on pitch.
However do agree though, it’s the last chance saloon, if these guys cannot change the mentality within, ( think progress has been made on the pitch ) cannot think of many other options progress.

Onwards and upwards U’s

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

STH fans Forum on 19:49 - Apr 19 with 348 viewsWitham

I am in E6 - too far from the restaurant!
STH fans Forum on 12:13 - Apr 23 with 205 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I am not sure if the correct questions were asked in relation to houses being built on Florence Park.

As things stood around 18 months ago there appeared to be a boundary dispute for the allocation of new housing in the area.

I do agree with issues relating to the market though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024