Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gateshead 13:23 - Apr 21 with 2904 viewsscarrow

Thrown out of the play offs for failing to get their stadium up to EFL standards. Solihull get a bye.

Edit - failure to have a long enough lease with the council
[Post edited 21 Apr 13:27]

Poll: Final position

Gateshead on 13:59 - Apr 21 with 2805 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Council refused to grant a 10 year lease to the club according to national league statement & other options put forward were not deemed as acceptable by the EFL. Fans shafted… no change there.
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:00]
Gateshead on 14:07 - Apr 21 with 2758 viewsEllDale

Why leave the announcement until after the final day of the season?
Gateshead on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 2710 viewsDalenet

Gateshead on 14:07 - Apr 21 by EllDale

Why leave the announcement until after the final day of the season?

The dispute and challenge has been going on for some time. The National League have been arguing with the EFL to allow Gateshead to continue.

If I was Aldershot I would be ringing the lawyers today. Surely they should take the place rather than give Solihull a bye
Gateshead on 14:55 - Apr 21 with 2620 viewssurb_dale

Seems very unfair on Gateshead fans, players and staff. Surely should have let them at least compete in the play offs. Tough ask for them to win them anyway but surely then they could have sorted something out. Also surely Alty should have been given the bye given they finished above Solihull. Shambles all round.
Gateshead on 15:30 - Apr 21 with 2536 viewsscarrow

It's a complete rejig of the play offs

Barnet v Alty

Bromley v Solihull/Halifax

Poll: Final position

Gateshead on 16:21 - Apr 21 with 2405 viewsturnthescrew

Gateshead on 14:28 - Apr 21 by Dalenet

The dispute and challenge has been going on for some time. The National League have been arguing with the EFL to allow Gateshead to continue.

If I was Aldershot I would be ringing the lawyers today. Surely they should take the place rather than give Solihull a bye

Aldershot didn't qualify for the play-offs so why does it involve them?
Gateshead on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 2341 viewsdiplodocus

Gateshead on 13:59 - Apr 21 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Council refused to grant a 10 year lease to the club according to national league statement & other options put forward were not deemed as acceptable by the EFL. Fans shafted… no change there.
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:00]

This stinks almost as high as when Stevenage were refused admittance to the football league a few years ago.
Gateshead on 18:53 - Apr 21 with 2138 viewsdalefertcup2

Gateshead on 15:30 - Apr 21 by scarrow

It's a complete rejig of the play offs

Barnet v Alty

Bromley v Solihull/Halifax

According to the bbc its the other way about, barnet v solihull/halifax
Login to get fewer ads

Gateshead on 08:24 - Apr 22 with 1631 viewsdavidab2202

Having been to Alty for the first time last Saturday would imagine there will be a need for some ground upgrades should they make it into the EFL.
2 or 3 of the team looked half decent but feel they would struggle big style without a few signings should they go up.
Appreciate they had little to play for ,so perhaps getting a slightly biased view
Gateshead on 09:19 - Apr 22 with 1550 viewsDalenet

Gateshead on 16:21 - Apr 21 by turnthescrew

Aldershot didn't qualify for the play-offs so why does it involve them?

If somebody drops out the next team in the league take their place - I realise it might not be in the rules but this happens in many sports. Just my thoughts
Gateshead on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 1404 viewsChaffRAFC

Awful for Gateshead, full deserving of their place in the playoffs and they're the best team I've seen all season.

I also think it would be wrong for another team to take their place, Aldershot haven't done enough to qualify for the playoffs so don't deserve to be in there because of someone else's unfair misfortune. Just like if a team in the relegation zone went bust, you wouldn't then level it out by relegating the next worse team because they've done enough over 46 games to stay up.

The whole thing is a circus.

English football has had a ridiculous week or so with this injustice and the decision regarding FA Cup Replays.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Gateshead on 10:45 - Apr 22 with 1370 viewsDalenet

Gateshead on 10:30 - Apr 22 by ChaffRAFC

Awful for Gateshead, full deserving of their place in the playoffs and they're the best team I've seen all season.

I also think it would be wrong for another team to take their place, Aldershot haven't done enough to qualify for the playoffs so don't deserve to be in there because of someone else's unfair misfortune. Just like if a team in the relegation zone went bust, you wouldn't then level it out by relegating the next worse team because they've done enough over 46 games to stay up.

English football has had a ridiculous week or so with this injustice and the decision regarding FA Cup Replays.

Fair enough

Of course all this could have been avoided had Gateshead Council been more helpful. There is a backlash in the North East on this one. The council have been closing leisure centres to save money and want to either sell off, or let a private business or charitable trust, take over what is left including Gateshead Arena. Rather than stipulate that any new incumbent has to honour a 10 year lease, they are arguing they don't want the transfer of assets to be an issue because of a long lease. Personally I think they have lost their commonsense here as the facility should be for the benefit of the community first, second and third, and not about making the transfer to a third party operator easier. I suspect a lot of councillors will lose their seats next month. The council leader wants to take over the buses whilst trying to sell off what is left of leisure facilities.
Gateshead on 12:27 - Apr 22 with 1237 viewsdingdangblue

Gateshead on 10:30 - Apr 22 by ChaffRAFC

What if Gateshead had finished 1st?
You wouldn't promote 2nd because they hadn't done enough to finish top?
I think Aldershot should have got their play off spot.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Gateshead on 12:34 - Apr 22 with 1207 viewsturnthescrew

Gateshead on 12:27 - Apr 22 by dingdangblue

No promotion and only 1 club relegated. It's happened before.
Gateshead on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 931 viewsChaffRAFC

Gateshead on 12:27 - Apr 22 by dingdangblue

No I wouldn't.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024