Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political 14:36 - May 26 with 1460 viewsSkewenMitch

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 14:37 - May 26 with 1301 viewsSkewenMitch

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 14:39 - May 26 with 1294 viewsSkewenMitch

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 14:41 - May 26 with 1289 viewsSkewenMitch

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 14:44 - May 26 with 1288 viewsSkewenMitch

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 15:53 - May 26 with 1232 viewsSgorioFruit

brilliant videos, thanks for posting them mate

I have been up to Penydarren a few times to watch Merthyr.

they have had a great season, lets hope they can go one further next season

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 16:06 - May 26 with 1218 viewsSkewenMitch

welsh Premier League is a step down for them.
Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 17:08 - May 26 with 1186 viewsReslovenSwan1

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 16:06 - May 26 by SkewenMitch

welsh Premier League is a step down for them.

TNS would beat them comfortably in my opinion over the last decade on average.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 17:31 - May 26 with 1148 viewsSgorioFruit

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 17:08 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

TNS would beat them comfortably in my opinion over the last decade on average.

Celtic would beat Swans comfortably in my opinion.
[Post edited 26 May 17:36]

Login to get fewer ads

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:13 - May 26 with 1101 viewsSkewenMitch

I posted the videos because some on the original thread were unaware of their history
Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:31 - May 26 with 1076 viewsReslovenSwan1

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:13 - May 26 by SkewenMitch

I posted the videos because some on the original thread were unaware of their history

Their best days were in the Welsh cup not the English leagues.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 19:18 - May 26 with 1033 viewstrampie

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:31 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Their best days were in the Welsh cup not the English leagues.

No not really as Merthyr won the Southern League something like 5 times during the late 40s and early 50s, making them basically the best non league team in England and Wales, but they weren't elected to the football league (no automatic promotion in those days, Wigan Athletic tried join the Scottish leagues when they did not get elected), nothing to do with their standard, they beat the Swans infront of 35,000 people in the Welsh cup final and i think they beat Cardiff in the final at the Vetch during that period as well, both football league teams of course.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 21:26 - May 26 with 964 viewsReslovenSwan1

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 19:18 - May 26 by trampie

No not really as Merthyr won the Southern League something like 5 times during the late 40s and early 50s, making them basically the best non league team in England and Wales, but they weren't elected to the football league (no automatic promotion in those days, Wigan Athletic tried join the Scottish leagues when they did not get elected), nothing to do with their standard, they beat the Swans infront of 35,000 people in the Welsh cup final and i think they beat Cardiff in the final at the Vetch during that period as well, both football league teams of course.

Their best days were 80 years ago plus. It was a different world then.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 21:33 - May 26 with 953 viewstrampie

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 21:26 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Their best days were 80 years ago plus. It was a different world then.

The point is they should have been in the football league at that point and if they had been 'elected' like they should have been they could still be there now.
They did finish 4th in the Conference (National League now) in the early 90s.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 20:17 - May 27 with 824 viewsTreforys_Jack

You can shove, Merthyr, Newport , Cardiff and bloody Wrexham. They don't like us and I certainly don't like them.
Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 21:02 - May 27 with 801 views1983

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 14:44 - May 26 by SkewenMitch

I remember this game well it was a proper freezing cold night my 1st and only visit to Merthyr's ground and Merthyr it's self. Cardiff fans waiting outside for us and a dodgy walk back to our cars, it ended up with a massive snow ball fight with about 6 car loads of Jacks and more just kept pulling up on Hirwaun roundabout by the flats I seem to remember a car going straight over the roundabout as it didn't know even know there was a roundabout there

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:15 - May 28 with 692 viewsReslovenSwan1

No videos of Cinderford, Tiveton, Shepton Mallet, Froome Town, Lydney FC or Wooton Bassett.

All Merthyr's great days were in the Welsh cup and Europe.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 19:30 - May 28 with 661 viewstrampie

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:15 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

No videos of Cinderford, Tiveton, Shepton Mallet, Froome Town, Lydney FC or Wooton Bassett.

All Merthyr's great days were in the Welsh cup and Europe.

Merthyr great days was in the Southern League as much as Welsh cup and Europe, Merthyr won it 5 times in 7 years, finished 3rd two points behind Gillingham once and 2nd on goal average to Oxford Utd (under previous name), in the years during that incredible run when they didn't win it.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 23:03 - May 28 with 620 viewsReslovenSwan1

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 19:30 - May 28 by trampie

Merthyr great days was in the Southern League as much as Welsh cup and Europe, Merthyr won it 5 times in 7 years, finished 3rd two points behind Gillingham once and 2nd on goal average to Oxford Utd (under previous name), in the years during that incredible run when they didn't win it.

That was the era when coal was king and still in the ground. Welsh coal was the best quality.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 23:19 - May 28 with 618 viewsTreforys_Jack

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 23:03 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

That was the era when coal was king and still in the ground. Welsh coal was the best quality.

So was Welsh steel
Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 00:32 - May 29 with 604 viewsRobbie

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 23:19 - May 28 by Treforys_Jack

So was Welsh steel

Still will be till they shut the Blast Furnaces down and convert to ARC .

Then we will have the best recycling of white good process anywhere in the UK .
Good news to The Greens tree huggers .

Port Talbot will now produce non carbon steel , many of their customers now will turn to the likes of China and India for their product and buy it . Top grade steel on our doorstep and we let it go with a wimper .

Biggest air polluters based in Asia are filling their boots by exporting their stuff to the UK now with our industries on their backsides . Do they care about the ozone layer .

I do like Owen Money shows on Radio Wales though , wish he would decide which football team to support as his go to , some weekends he supports Swans , Liverpool and Cardiff .

Make your mind up butt .
Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 06:31 - May 29 with 568 viewstrampie

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 00:32 - May 29 by Robbie

Still will be till they shut the Blast Furnaces down and convert to ARC .

Then we will have the best recycling of white good process anywhere in the UK .
Good news to The Greens tree huggers .

Port Talbot will now produce non carbon steel , many of their customers now will turn to the likes of China and India for their product and buy it . Top grade steel on our doorstep and we let it go with a wimper .

Biggest air polluters based in Asia are filling their boots by exporting their stuff to the UK now with our industries on their backsides . Do they care about the ozone layer .

I do like Owen Money shows on Radio Wales though , wish he would decide which football team to support as his go to , some weekends he supports Swans , Liverpool and Cardiff .

Make your mind up butt .

His home town club is Merthyr and I think he was a director and chairman up there at one point in time .

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 08:35 - May 29 with 540 viewsSgorioFruit

c'mon Merthyr, climb those leagues.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 15:07 - May 29 with 474 viewsReslovenSwan1

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 08:35 - May 29 by SgorioFruit

c'mon Merthyr, climb those leagues.

The clock was always ticking on Port Talbot. The Uk Government would be wise to stockpile steel in the vent of a future need.

The clock is also ticking on Merthyr FC. They belong in the LoW. South Wales's big hitters. It is only a matter of time before like PT they realise that is the place to be.

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:05 - May 29 with 442 viewsSgorioFruit

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 15:07 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

The clock was always ticking on Port Talbot. The Uk Government would be wise to stockpile steel in the vent of a future need.

The clock is also ticking on Merthyr FC. They belong in the LoW. South Wales's big hitters. It is only a matter of time before like PT they realise that is the place to be.

the same was being said about Wrexham three years ago

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 20:51 - May 29 with 399 viewsReslovenSwan1

Merthyr Town. Pity the other thread turned political on 18:05 - May 29 by SgorioFruit

the same was being said about Wrexham three years ago

I never heard it said. Do you have any sources? Wrexham were alway only one step short of league 2.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024