Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 00:30 - Sep 1 with 1847 viewsMarkyMark47

Good that the Club has reported alleged racist abuse at Accrington. My only question is, did the Club self-report over alleged homophobic abuse at the Brentford match? Despite an announcement over the PA system directed specifically at people in the South Stand, warning them about such behaviour, I can't see anything on the Club's website.
Club statement on 01:33 - Sep 1 with 1822 viewswessex_exile

I believe, from various social media channels, the chant that prompted the PA announcement on Wednesday was “the referee’s a racist”. I’m not defending abuse of officials (or anyone at all) but it would appear that “w’nker” is acceptable, but “racist” not? But still our club made the announcement anyway. Despite what appears to be actual racist abuse against Samson at Accy, their club didn’t make any PA announcement whatsoever.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Club statement on 13:19 - Sep 1 with 1668 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 01:33 - Sep 1 by wessex_exile

I believe, from various social media channels, the chant that prompted the PA announcement on Wednesday was “the referee’s a racist”. I’m not defending abuse of officials (or anyone at all) but it would appear that “w’nker” is acceptable, but “racist” not? But still our club made the announcement anyway. Despite what appears to be actual racist abuse against Samson at Accy, their club didn’t make any PA announcement whatsoever.

Check out the x (twitter) account of the Stanley chairman and the statement they've just released.

Turns out Samson just made the racism up because we were under the cosh.
Club statement on 15:34 - Sep 1 with 1631 viewsTheOldOakTree

Good to see Matt Hudson putting the ####bag in his place (in the replies). It's plainly obvious they didn't give a shit about the accusation.

I didn't realise that the bloke has a long history of making himself look a complete manchild.

My favorite is him giving it the big 'I am' to Ryan Reynolds. That's a bald ugly tvvat who's made a couple of bob making plastic boxes, giving it large to a bloke worth 350 million dollars, that's dated some of the worlds most beautiful women, including rolling around in bed with Sandra Bullock. Respect where it's due.

I've always disliked their piss pot club since they were non league and kicked us off the pitch at Layer Road and crippled Joe Dunne in the process.
[Post edited 1 Sep 15:35]
Club statement on 23:37 - Sep 1 with 1411 viewswessex_exile

Club statement on 15:34 - Sep 1 by TheOldOakTree

Good to see Matt Hudson putting the ####bag in his place (in the replies). It's plainly obvious they didn't give a shit about the accusation.

I didn't realise that the bloke has a long history of making himself look a complete manchild.

My favorite is him giving it the big 'I am' to Ryan Reynolds. That's a bald ugly tvvat who's made a couple of bob making plastic boxes, giving it large to a bloke worth 350 million dollars, that's dated some of the worlds most beautiful women, including rolling around in bed with Sandra Bullock. Respect where it's due.

I've always disliked their piss pot club since they were non league and kicked us off the pitch at Layer Road and crippled Joe Dunne in the process.
[Post edited 1 Sep 15:35]

Amazing that between the final whistle on Saturday and 11am on Sunday morning ASFC chairman Andy Holt has conducted a full investigation of themselves and found nothing wrong - it's almost, err, unbelievable.

Appalling.

Up the U's

Club statement on 01:46 - Sep 2 with 1365 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 23:37 - Sep 1 by wessex_exile

Amazing that between the final whistle on Saturday and 11am on Sunday morning ASFC chairman Andy Holt has conducted a full investigation of themselves and found nothing wrong - it's almost, err, unbelievable.

Appalling.

Whilst the thorough investigation was going on, he also managed to suggest that Samson made up the claim to waste time and also that we were as bad because DC kept coming out of his Technical Area!!!!! a post that was later deleted.

Stanley can’t be responsible for a racist in the crowd, that’s society, but they are responsible for how they deal with it.

Horrible little club.
Club statement on 08:57 - Sep 2 with 1282 viewsburnsieespana

Plain disgusting.
With luck they will be non league again next year@
Club statement on 09:22 - Sep 2 with 1277 viewsTheOldOakTree

After making a complete fool of himself, and after giving everyone time to get their story straight, the clown has finally asked AccStanleyFC Police to look at the incident.

Why would you not do that at 5pm on Saturday? As said before, it’s not ASFC fault if someone in the crowd has committed an offence. Getting the Police involved and dealing with the matter in a professional manner is a perfect way to make your club look good. If the Police can’t find any evidence then you look good, if they can, you can show that you care by taking action.

The absolute knobhead has managed to turn a win-win situation for the club into a disaster with people now thinking that ASFC are a poorly run bunch of amateurs, that have no place in the EFL.

I watched the incident live on iFollow with close up pictures of Samson, he was obviously very upset and anyone who could even think of suggesting he was play acting is nothing short of an ignorant c###. Obviously it's possible (albeit unlikely) that Samson could have misheard something, but the accusation still related to a potential criminal offense and the Police should have been involved immediately.

I guess they do things differently in Accrington.

[Post edited 2 Sep 9:47]
Club statement on 10:00 - Sep 2 with 1235 viewsTheOldOakTree

One more thing, the post from the Police. Why would you put an exclamation mark at the end of the statement?

I’m hoping it’s just poor education, because it does rather suggest that you think the whole thing is just a joke.
Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 11:53 - Sep 2 with 1197 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Club statement on 10:00 - Sep 2 by TheOldOakTree

One more thing, the post from the Police. Why would you put an exclamation mark at the end of the statement?

I’m hoping it’s just poor education, because it does rather suggest that you think the whole thing is just a joke.

I thought exactly the same. They're not a 12 year old posting on whatever social media sites 12 year olds are allowed to post on. Hopefully none.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Club statement on 12:11 - Sep 2 with 1189 viewsbwildered

Perhaps new requirements are now required with such claims and counterclaims. Everything needs to be transparent from the referee and possible assessors reports sent to the FA , PFA and made public.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Club statement on 13:00 - Sep 2 with 1164 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 12:11 - Sep 2 by bwildered

Perhaps new requirements are now required with such claims and counterclaims. Everything needs to be transparent from the referee and possible assessors reports sent to the FA , PFA and made public.

The existing procedures are probably OK they just need to be followed. There was never any need for drama. As I said at the time, their Chief Steward didn’t look too interested and instead of announcing the standard FA protocol message about a report of racial abuse, they announced the man of the match and carried on as if nothing happened.

Then instead of releasing a short statement saying they take it serious and everyone should wait for the outcome of the investigations, the owner/chairman made himself look stupid (which I now understand is a regular event) by releasing outrageous statements accusing our staff of inappropriate procedure. Then when people calmly and politely asked him if he was really suggesting that stepping out of your technical area was comparable to racial abuse, his only reply was to be offensive, straight out of the Trump/Johnson playbook.

May be the danger of making it more transparent is that it will be blown out of proportion and people will get sick of hearing about it. It’s serious and unpleasant for the victim, but on Saturday, there will have been many people in the UK that were victims of much worse crimes. It just needs sorting in a calm and professional manner.

I’ve no doubt that they’ve had sufficient time to close ranks and little or nothing will come of it, except for the fact that a significant number of people now think that Accrington Stanley don’t take racism seriously.

It is now largely irrelevant whether or not they catch anyone, the damage is done and they’ve made their bed……….
[Post edited 2 Sep 13:12]
Club statement on 00:47 - Sep 3 with 1009 viewswessex_exile

I doubt the police will ever be able to prove racist abuse, and certainly not identify the culprit, unless some public spirited ASFC supporters come forward - yeah, right. However, this video is pretty compelling. It starts an instant before whatever was said, and clearly both Samson and their no. 5 Farrend Rawson simultaneously and immediately react, Samson turning away in disgust and Farrend putting his hand up to stop the game. As Samson walks away the ref appears to be determined to let the corner kick take place, but it’s Farrend that stops him and appears to urge him to look after Samson instead, and then follows up trying to console Samson. I guess Andy Holt didn’t bother looking at that video during his ‘thorough investigation’?

Well done Farrend, football needs players like you!

Up the U's

Club statement on 07:42 - Sep 3 with 975 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 00:47 - Sep 3 by wessex_exile

I doubt the police will ever be able to prove racist abuse, and certainly not identify the culprit, unless some public spirited ASFC supporters come forward - yeah, right. However, this video is pretty compelling. It starts an instant before whatever was said, and clearly both Samson and their no. 5 Farrend Rawson simultaneously and immediately react, Samson turning away in disgust and Farrend putting his hand up to stop the game. As Samson walks away the ref appears to be determined to let the corner kick take place, but it’s Farrend that stops him and appears to urge him to look after Samson instead, and then follows up trying to console Samson. I guess Andy Holt didn’t bother looking at that video during his ‘thorough investigation’?

Well done Farrend, football needs players like you!

I appreciate that I had the benefit of watching this footage live, so this is not new to me, but just ask yourself, if their No.5 hadn't heard anything, how would he have reacted? Would he not have stood there bemused at what the hell was wrong with Samson?

It doesn't matter too much now, the video, the inappropriate response by ASFC and the childish tweets by their owner have been viewed by thousands and thousands of neutrals. Trial by social media has found them guilty on all charges and shit sticks.

Holt has nailed his colours to the mast for all to see and there is no way out for him. 'I made a mistake', 'I will learn from this' all the usual bullshit we hear nowadays isn't going to wash.

For me, the footage after this clip is just as bad. Samson goes to DC as if he doesn't want to continue, the ref goes after him and calls for the chief steward. You would expect the ASFC man to spring into action to follow a well practiced drill, but that's not the impression his body language suggested to me. Neil Kelly at that point says something to the effect 'something must have been said' they are going to make an announcement and sure enough they do, they announce the ASFC man of the match!!!!!!!!!!

Piss pot little club, there are better run pub teams.

It's a shame for the decent ASFC supporters (if there are any) and all totally unnecessary.

It’s not as if Col U haven’t had their share of racists shouting abuse over the years, but we are lucky that our club has been run professionally. You can’t stop it happening completely, but you can act in a proper manner when it does happen.
[Post edited 3 Sep 8:38]
Club statement on 13:40 - Sep 3 with 871 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 11:53 - Sep 2 by RSCOSWORTH

I thought exactly the same. They're not a 12 year old posting on whatever social media sites 12 year olds are allowed to post on. Hopefully none.

It turns out that their grammar is the least of the worries about the Lancs plod.

They spent last season promoting various drinking establishments on the rozzers twitter account!!!!

I understand that a club should give advice to away supporters, but it's not the job of the police to promote commercial businesses.

£20 bung gets you an advert on the police site, £100 bung and we turn a blind eye to a racist charge.

Club statement on 13:41 - Sep 3 with 867 viewsTheOldOakTree

Is there an extradition treaty with France?
[Post edited 3 Sep 13:42]
Club statement on 07:01 - Sep 7 with 663 viewswessex_exile

A week on and it would seem the wheels of justice turn very slowly as far as Accrington police are concerned. I mean, it’s not as if the incident was filmed for everyone to see. I saw a tweet from our own Essex police expressing their frustration at the apparent inaction of their NW colleagues during the week, and still no news. I’d imagine they’re trying to work out how they square the ‘no evidence of wrongdoing’ line with the eye witness accounts from players on both teams saying otherwise.

Tick tock Accy plod, tick tock…

Up the U's

Club statement on 07:39 - Sep 7 with 624 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 07:01 - Sep 7 by wessex_exile

A week on and it would seem the wheels of justice turn very slowly as far as Accrington police are concerned. I mean, it’s not as if the incident was filmed for everyone to see. I saw a tweet from our own Essex police expressing their frustration at the apparent inaction of their NW colleagues during the week, and still no news. I’d imagine they’re trying to work out how they square the ‘no evidence of wrongdoing’ line with the eye witness accounts from players on both teams saying otherwise.

Constable Savage from Not the Nine O'Clock News springs to mind.
Club statement on 08:39 - Sep 7 with 583 viewsTheOldOakTree

Club statement on 07:01 - Sep 7 by wessex_exile

I think you are being unfair, they are doing their best under the circumstances. Normal police procedure has collapsed in Lancashire.

The Chief Constable is a woman and is therefore unable to join the local lodge.
Club statement on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 476 viewsMadeira163

But as I’ve repeatedly said , don’t focus just on this incident at the end of the game.
Watch the end of the first half , something was said then as well and Tovide reacted then as well but missed by the commentators
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024