Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
United Programme 08:42 - Sep 3 with 710 viewsbwildered

Too late for this season just wish it had an illustrated cover rather than a picture of a player on the front. Since becoming the United magazine it all looks to familiar with a player on the front . A different design every season instantly made you recall the squads, highlights and matches of that time, ( yes know the last few seasons would rather forget ) but the current player pic does not.
How about running a competition around the schools for budding graphic designers having a go.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

United Programme on 11:32 - Sep 3 with 663 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Good idea that. The programmes over the last few seasons have all looked very similar to the previous one.

I've been to the two cup matches this season and didn't manage to get one at either annoyingly.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

United Programme on 17:27 - Sep 3 with 628 viewsbwildered

United Programme on 11:32 - Sep 3 by RSCOSWORTH

Good idea that. The programmes over the last few seasons have all looked very similar to the previous one.

I've been to the two cup matches this season and didn't manage to get one at either annoyingly.

Programmes were available for the two cup games , but only from the shop. None were in the concourse, but then it is too late to then obtain one from the shop having entered into the stand.
[Post edited 3 Sep 17:28]

United Programme on 12:35 - Sep 4 with 545 viewsdurham_exile

United Programme on 17:27 - Sep 3 by bwildered

Programmes were available for the two cup games , but only from the shop. None were in the concourse, but then it is too late to then obtain one from the shop having entered into the stand.

More teams are now producing digital programmes.

Accrington did on Saturday.

I still prefer the hard copy programme but accept that it is a change of the times. Just like EV's!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

United Programme on 14:31 - Sep 4 with 533 viewsRSCOSWORTH

United Programme on 17:27 - Sep 3 by bwildered

Yeah I thought the club missed a trick there. I understand them wanting to sell them for those games rather than give them away but if you're going to do that don't just stick them in the shop. I did buy both from the shop today though and it still looks like they've got a few.

United Programme on 14:33 - Sep 4 with 532 viewsRSCOSWORTH

United Programme on 12:35 - Sep 4 by durham_exile

More teams are now producing digital programmes.

Accrington did on Saturday.

I still prefer the hard copy programme but accept that it is a change of the times. Just like EV's!

Up the U's

It will be a sad day if digital programmes become the only thing available. Surely it's been realised that people still like something they can have in their hands rather than just read on a screen?

United Programme on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 523 viewsTheOldOakTree

United Programme on 14:33 - Sep 4 by RSCOSWORTH

It will be a sad day if digital programmes become the only thing available. Surely it's been realised that people still like something they can have in their hands rather than just read on a screen?

I’m getting close to completing the 92 and had collected a ticket and program from each ground I’d visited, up until the last couple of years that is arggggh.
First came across no programs at Bradford last year, it is sadly becoming more common.

They say, nothing lasts forever……..

………….but have ‘they’ tried #@@#ing one out over Teresa May?
United Programme on 20:07 - Sep 5 with 422 viewsnoah4x4

I usually pick up a programme pre-match, scan through it for editorial that I have not already read in the Gazette or club website and typically discard it within five minutes when I don’t find anything new. The club evidently invests little in written media and just regurgitates online content.

Other than as a keepsake for collectors, I see little value in producing printed paper programmes that waste natural resources and create carbon emissions. Then, if the collectors were charged their true economic cost then I suspect few would buy programmes and might start collecting something else. A typical costly London theatre programme perhaps being a fair comparison.

Even large collections of football programmes attract little value at auction. Frankly, I suspect their days are numbered, and I wonder how many are printed for the Jobserve, and how many are then collected within regular stadium waste? My guess is the percentage swept up or in litter bins is thought provokingly high given the conscious need for more sustainable living.
United Programme on 23:44 - Sep 5 with 390 viewswessex_exile

United Programme on 20:07 - Sep 5 by noah4x4

I usually pick up a programme pre-match, scan through it for editorial that I have not already read in the Gazette or club website and typically discard it within five minutes when I don’t find anything new. The club evidently invests little in written media and just regurgitates online content.

Other than as a keepsake for collectors, I see little value in producing printed paper programmes that waste natural resources and create carbon emissions. Then, if the collectors were charged their true economic cost then I suspect few would buy programmes and might start collecting something else. A typical costly London theatre programme perhaps being a fair comparison.

Even large collections of football programmes attract little value at auction. Frankly, I suspect their days are numbered, and I wonder how many are printed for the Jobserve, and how many are then collected within regular stadium waste? My guess is the percentage swept up or in litter bins is thought provokingly high given the conscious need for more sustainable living.

Sadly, I think you’re right Noah. Apart from the memorabilia aspect, which I don’t think we can ignore the significance of, most people these days consume their football-related info online. Providing a free programme is an aspect that many (most?) clubs don’t do, which I have seen positively mentioned on numerous away fan forums, but at the end of the day sustainability is considered pretty important these days - and rightly so.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

United Programme on 08:31 - Sep 6 with 353 viewsbwildered

Perhaps the answer is to pre order a printed copy for collection or posted, so still available to collectors and groundhoppers. Otherwise the e-copy to be available again . At least this would eradicate the wastage, especially those left around the ground post match .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024