Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's 14:19 - Sep 6 with 5396 viewsdurham_exile

Before we start thinking about this Saturday’s game against League Two new boys Bromley known as the Ravens there is plenty of news to catch up on.

The first is sad concerning talented Colchester midfield player Milton Oni, who following a tackle against Brentford suffered a rupture to his ACL and a tear to his medial meniscus. He will unfortunately have several months on the sidelines, but we wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Oni looked to show as much promise as Mainoo at Manchester United (he really did) and his injury comes at the worst possible time for him and our team. Get well soon.

Secondly the game last weekend at the Wham Stadium against Accrington Stanley. I travelled with my eldest son arriving in good time to see the welcome sight of Lyle Taylor amongst the matchday squad. Weather was warm and sunny and the 262 faithful in a crowd of 1956 were in great voice.

Having watched three games on Sky Sports+ this season, this was my first live game and the first time to see the players in person.

Now the pies at Accrington are probably the best in the league with good quality filling and moist pastry. I had a meat and potato pie and David a chicken balti.

Lyle Taylor looked fit and well and the players were enjoying the sunshine.

DC lined his team up as follows:

Macey
Hunt Flanagan Iandolo
Egbo Payne Bishop Woodyard
Gordon Tovide Hopper

Subs:
Smith Anderson Read Edwards Goodliffe Taylor Donnelly

Now the game is best described as a game of two very bad halves. First half we had fallen back to our old ways with passes either sideways or back and limited forward forays.

Matt Macey’s distribution was poor and he found touch more often than a Colchester player. Rob Hunt was so poor, he looked nervous and reluctant to make a forward pass or to take more than a couple of touches.

Ellis Iandolo was also devoid of ideas and had his worst game in a Colchester shirt that I have seen. I felt sorry for Manny Egbo isolated on the right wing and receiving little in the way of passes. Alex Woodyard was busy in midfield and Jack Payne tried to get the U’s moving forward. Teddy Bishop looked slow and laboured in the centre of the park.

John Kymani Gordon was always taking too long to get the ball under control and had no decent end product. Samson Tovide (who was given stick by the home support behind their goal all game) failed to get into the game and received little in the way of forward passes whilst Tom Hopper was well Tom Hopper.

Accrington took the lead through Whalley on 25 minutes and we laboured until Egbo was eventually given the ball, he drove forward purposefully leaving defenders in his wake before unleashing a shot which the keeper saved.

Half time in the sunshine and Hopper was taken off and Lyle Taylor made his first league appearance for the U’s. At 34 he looks very fit and I thought his work rate was first class. He looked the part going forward winning headers and prepared to challenge and track back.

More changes were needed and DC who was fuming on the touchline brought on Read for the industrious Woodyard on 55 minutes and the lively Edwards for the ineffectual Gordon also on 55 minutes.

Immediately we had more attacking intent and their full back was scared stiff of Edwards who had the beating of him every time. Arthur Read owned the midfield and sprayed passes right and left.

As the half dragged on DC brought on Harry Anderson for the truly awful Hunt on 65 minutes.

The final change was to replace Bishop with Ben Goodliffe on 75 minutes. Despite our new confidence we were still not creating enough in the final third.

Then on 85 minutes Read broke into the box and shot, the keeper parried it and it went to the right of the goal as we were looking. Goodliffe fired past the keeper powerfully from a really acute angle.

Now we looked like the team who would go on to win the game. However, whilst just about to defend a corner there was a disturbance behind the Colchester goal where the hardcore Accrington supporters were.

From our viewpoint it was difficult to determine exactly what had happened but Tovide was clearly aggrieved and ran to the Colchester bench with the referee in hot pursuit. No announcement was made over the Accrington tannoy but the chant from their supporters was “You fat bast**d” clearly aimed at Samson.

It was suggested however that he had been the subject of some racist chanting from the Accrington supporters. The delay was for some minutes and eventually Samson was persuaded to return to the defence with great support from the faithful.

We then defended two corners and Whalley missed two chances to win the game right at the death. The final whistle went on 99 minutes and we had drawn the game 1-1.

The players and DC and NC came over the to the faithful whilst Arthur Read went quietly off on his own.

Further signings have been made by the club recently with striker Anthony Scully (25) arriving from Pompey on a season long loan and Jamie McDonnell (20) and Joel Thompson (19) both from Nottingham Forest on a season long loan and short-term loan respectively.

So that brings us to Andy Woodman’s Bromley team arriving in North Essex this weekend.

I am clearer as to the best starting XI having watched the game at the Wham stadium.
DC needs to go with the following:

Macey

Flanagan Goodliffe Iandolo

Egbo Payne Read Woodyard

Edwards Tovide Taylor

Subs:
Smith Anderson Bishop Gordon Terry Donnelly Hopper

Injuries affecting Kells and the unfortunate Oni and the likelihood that both McDonnell and Thompson will play some part later in the season will give further options.

Weather tomorrow in Colchester will be 22 degrees Celsius and sunny.

Bromley will have Omar Sowunmi amongst their number. They started the season reasonably well but I am confident that the U’s will see them off tomorrow and I am going for a 3-0 victory with Taylor notching his first league goal and Goodliffe and Tovide also on the scoresheet.

Attendance about 4,300.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 10:32 - Sep 8 with 2557 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 09:45 - Sep 8 by MarkyMark47

Having watched the brief highlights, I see that Payne's cross is with his right foot. He really is a class act, the best signing by miles.

Yep, that’s another six figure sum to prop up the academy, when he’s sold in January.
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 13:38 - Sep 8 with 2479 viewsdurham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 10:32 - Sep 8 by TheOldOakTree

Yep, that’s another six figure sum to prop up the academy, when he’s sold in January.

Oh come on TOOT no sale until the end of the season!

Although with promotion to League One on the cards, he might want to stay.

Certainly the best signing bar none.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 14:35 - Sep 8 with 2443 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 13:38 - Sep 8 by durham_exile

Oh come on TOOT no sale until the end of the season!

Although with promotion to League One on the cards, he might want to stay.

Certainly the best signing bar none.

Up the U's

Yes, he looks a decent addition doesn't he Durham.

Five points from five, about what I expected with all the changes and hopefully a point away next Saturday too. A tiny hint of hope that we may become mid-table which would be such a relief and morale boost after so many years of steady decline.
That decline was/ is deep rooted and was always going to take time to reverse. A long time.

Mind you, trying to be positive but as ever realistic, I wouldn't be satisfied with ten points after ten games!!!!

Up the brand new to each other goal shy U's

Moor Pinot

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 22:36 - Sep 8 with 2336 viewsdurham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 14:35 - Sep 8 by Moor_Pinot

Yes, he looks a decent addition doesn't he Durham.

Five points from five, about what I expected with all the changes and hopefully a point away next Saturday too. A tiny hint of hope that we may become mid-table which would be such a relief and morale boost after so many years of steady decline.
That decline was/ is deep rooted and was always going to take time to reverse. A long time.

Mind you, trying to be positive but as ever realistic, I wouldn't be satisfied with ten points after ten games!!!!

Up the brand new to each other goal shy U's

Pinot - with Morecambe A, Tranmere H, Walsall A, Port Vale A and Carlisle H to come in the next five games I agree we must be looking for better than a point a game.

DC has been working out his best XI.

I would still like to see

Macey
Flanagan Goodliffe Iandolo
Egbo Payne Read Woodyard
Edwards Tovide Taylor

Subs
Smith Scully Anderson Bishop Donnelly Hopper Gordon

at Morecambe

We've now played enough games for the management to be confident that they can field a side plus subs capable of winning football games.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 08:59 - Sep 9 with 2249 viewsburnsieespana

I feel DC doesn't know his best X1.
Surely Edwards must start?
In my mind DC knows how to avoid defeat but not to win as since he arrived we have had so many drawn games.
5 points from 5 games is just about survival form
[Post edited 10 Sep 8:20]
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 11:13 - Sep 9 with 2215 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 08:59 - Sep 9 by burnsieespana

I feel DC doesn't know his best X1.
Surely Edwards must start?
In my mind DC knows how to avoid defeat but not to win as since he arrived we have had so many drawn games.
5 points from 5 games is just about survival form
[Post edited 10 Sep 8:20]

Was he ever going to after five league games considering the amount of new players, recent additions and departures and injuries? He's not picking the team I would but I'm hoping that he knows more about the players and managing than I do. If he doesn't then we're in big trouble.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 22:53 - Sep 9 with 2076 viewsfranksic1988

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 11:13 - Sep 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Was he ever going to after five league games considering the amount of new players, recent additions and departures and injuries? He's not picking the team I would but I'm hoping that he knows more about the players and managing than I do. If he doesn't then we're in big trouble.

You could say this year he can still get a free hit, on finding an 11 and formation. But he is with them every day the clocks ticking on that.

But last season we never really could make head nor tail of it. Take this season out of it. Last season we never had an established starting 11 or squad.

His interviews point to the fact he is changing the teams on purpose. In his interviews he comes across more worried about the other team than us. If we just got our best players in the team and others on the bench week in week out we would have a better team unity.

I personally think he is a poor coach. That’s my opinion. But his stats are not doing him any favours.

This bunch of players I genuinely do think are half decent mid table.

I was a big Garner fan. I understand at times it went south. But we did see a system an identity. This season and last season under DC and NC I see none of that for better or worse….

I think we need to wake up and smell the coffee. The Danny / Nicky fan club have got to start talking some sense now.

Are they the worst managers … NO are they producing what we hoped FAR FROM IT.
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 23:23 - Sep 9 with 2064 viewsghughes11

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 15:34 - Sep 7 by TheOldOakTree

iFollow not working today for some reason. I am beyond pissed off. They've got my money, but I cannot access the game at all.

Last week the audio didn't kick in until above 20min after kick off.

Finally logged on to iFollow on Monday night NZT (Monday morning BST) and was pleasantly surprised that the Full Match Replay had been uploaded to the Col U website!

There was no commentary throughout the whole game that took me back to when iFollow was first released - but ok, no worries at least I can watch the match and listen to the South Stand!

Now reading this comment, and a few on the official message board, it seems as though they have only uploaded the Full Match Replay due to the complaints they were receiving!

So, I do not hold much hope that the issues that iFollow or the club were having have been fixed and that I can go back to my normal routine of watching The U's Monday nights!

As for the match - not much more I can add really. Macey pulled off some great saves to keep the score at 0-1, but what a howler for the first chance for Cheek when he hit the post. Egbo made some great runs down the right. Payne found some good space to create some chances and put in a great cross for the goal. He also almost scored direct from a corner!

We have to keep faith with the Cowley brothers and the team - I/we can't go through another management team and a new bunch of players every transfer window! Madness!

Up the U's from a bright, sunshiny Tuesday morning!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Login to get fewer ads

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 12:28 - Sep 10 with 1952 viewsTheOldOakTree

Saturday was the finish for me with iFollow. I paid good money and just got frustration and hassle for another weekend and ended up seeing nothing. I can’t even be bothered to complain through the appropriate channels. At least on previous matches I managed to see some form of live coverage, albeit very poor service.

Unless I can get across to cheer the team on in person, I’ll just find something better to do with my time, the EFL can do one. Seems like everything in Britain is shit nowadays. There’s always someone somewhere getting rich without giving two hoots about their punters.
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 13:10 - Sep 10 with 1926 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 12:28 - Sep 10 by TheOldOakTree

Saturday was the finish for me with iFollow. I paid good money and just got frustration and hassle for another weekend and ended up seeing nothing. I can’t even be bothered to complain through the appropriate channels. At least on previous matches I managed to see some form of live coverage, albeit very poor service.

Unless I can get across to cheer the team on in person, I’ll just find something better to do with my time, the EFL can do one. Seems like everything in Britain is shit nowadays. There’s always someone somewhere getting rich without giving two hoots about their punters.

Yep
Interesting observation.

It's twenty months since we returned to the UK for reasons that are of no concern/interest to this forum. And you are analytically right in our view.
Being able to compare, in your case and mine, France with Britain does show the latter to be in quite a poor way. Naturally I generalise and have no intention of moaning because we chose to return but our observations are made with a level head. There were plenty of things which could have been better in France - the ghastly hunting and the cost of DIY materials to name two - but on balance it's a kinder, gentler, less unfair society. We miss people's good manners, the excellent health system, proper meal times and the lower home loan costs amongst many things all of which contribute to a far higher feeling of contentment than is generally so here. I am sure that one day Britain can shine again but like a resurgent U's it's going to take ages . I'm sure you are best off there TooT even in an i-follow free zone.

I'm going to wander off for a pint. I can still do that even if half the pubs seem to be closing. I'll give 'em some custom and thank some lucky stars !

Bon courage ami!

Moor Pinot

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 13:45 - Sep 10 with 1918 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 13:10 - Sep 10 by Moor_Pinot

Yep
Interesting observation.

It's twenty months since we returned to the UK for reasons that are of no concern/interest to this forum. And you are analytically right in our view.
Being able to compare, in your case and mine, France with Britain does show the latter to be in quite a poor way. Naturally I generalise and have no intention of moaning because we chose to return but our observations are made with a level head. There were plenty of things which could have been better in France - the ghastly hunting and the cost of DIY materials to name two - but on balance it's a kinder, gentler, less unfair society. We miss people's good manners, the excellent health system, proper meal times and the lower home loan costs amongst many things all of which contribute to a far higher feeling of contentment than is generally so here. I am sure that one day Britain can shine again but like a resurgent U's it's going to take ages . I'm sure you are best off there TooT even in an i-follow free zone.

I'm going to wander off for a pint. I can still do that even if half the pubs seem to be closing. I'll give 'em some custom and thank some lucky stars !

Bon courage ami!

Don't get me started on the hunting, poor Bambi! In fairness, being able to go for a walk and not get shot, it quite a plus point for the UK.

I can't even go and watch local footie as it's all egg chasers around these parts and things haven't got that bad yet!

I could watch Bordeaux, they have a fantastic stadium , but sadly their football is hopeless these days. Maybe Real Sociedad, it's a lot nearer than the UK and they play in blue and white stripes. Trouble is they won't do pies and they wouldn't know what good beer tastes like, so I guess I'm stuck with this torture.
[Post edited 10 Sep 13:54]
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 14:33 - Sep 10 with 1904 viewsTheOldOakTree

Well you can’t make it up, I’ve gone from here straight to my email and seen the following:

Please accept our apologies for the issues with iFollow on Saturday the 7th of September.

Though the issue was rectified for the start of the second half of the match, missing the first half of the match is not acceptable, and as such we have processed a refund for the full value of the match pass you purchased.

You should see the refunded value in your account in the next five working days.

The underlying cause of the issue has been identified and successfully fixed.

Please accept our apologies – if you have any questions, please contact ifollow@efl.com.

I love Britain, they always look after the little person!!!!

Roll on Saturday
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 20:33 - Sep 11 with 1752 viewsghughes11

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 14:33 - Sep 10 by TheOldOakTree

Well you can’t make it up, I’ve gone from here straight to my email and seen the following:

Please accept our apologies for the issues with iFollow on Saturday the 7th of September.

Though the issue was rectified for the start of the second half of the match, missing the first half of the match is not acceptable, and as such we have processed a refund for the full value of the match pass you purchased.

You should see the refunded value in your account in the next five working days.

The underlying cause of the issue has been identified and successfully fixed.

Please accept our apologies – if you have any questions, please contact ifollow@efl.com.

I love Britain, they always look after the little person!!!!

Roll on Saturday

Yep, I got exactly the same generic email!
Not sure why iFollow can't go back to how it was last year, and the year before that, and the year before that..........

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 21:19 - Sep 11 with 1738 viewsdurham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 12:28 - Sep 10 by TheOldOakTree

TOOT you are beginning to sound more like Starmergeddon every day.

Not everything in Britain is broken and that includes Col U.

Durham_exile

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 23:08 - Sep 11 with 1704 viewsMarkyMark47

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 20:33 - Sep 11 by ghughes11

Yep, I got exactly the same generic email!
Not sure why iFollow can't go back to how it was last year, and the year before that, and the year before that..........

Me too. The coverage is being supplied by a new company this season. The old ifollow app was pretty good but stopped working when the change to another provider took place. I don't think there is a replacement app. On the Col U website video page there is an app button but for months it says "the official club app is coming soon!". How do they define "soon"?
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 09:33 - Sep 12 with 1625 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 21:19 - Sep 11 by durham_exile

There are indeed many things that are still wonderful about our green and pleasant land, not least that we still have our beloved U’s.

I don’t know where I, or Sir Keir, got the idea about Britain having lost it’s way…..

…..apart from crumbling schools, the NHS on its knees, freezing pensioners, the Post Office Horizon scandal, civil unrest, £4billion covid fraud, releasing criminals early because we haven’t built enough prisons, sewage in our rivers and on our beaches, the sycamore gap tree, our Royal family associating with paedophiles, county lines drug gangs, foreigners owning London, obesity, shockingly poor education, record net immigration, foreigners owning our football clubs, extremism, pot holes, no replays in the FA Cup, shortage of houses, £20billion black hole, foreigners owning our utilities, Woolworth, BHS, Debenhams, still having death trap blocks of flats 7 years after Grenfell, greed, grooming gangs, idle white trash who can’t work but can have 10 kids, flag waving patriots shopping at German supermarkets, trade barriers with our neighbours, the retirement age rising to 70, hotels full of asylum seekers, no-go areas, poor public transport, general lack of respect for anyone or anything, alleged racism in our Royal Family by an alleged member of said family, Boris appointing a bit of fluff to the Lords, poor 5G coverage, zombie knives, coppers giving water to Just Stop Oil protesters to keep them hydrated instead of nicking them, SAS scandals, revenge evictions from dodgy landlords, having to borrow money from China so the French can build us a nuclear power station, rip-off Oasis ticketing, Jim Radcliffe’s tax status, spending a fortune on HS2 and not completing it, scrapping our freedom of movement while everyone else keeps theirs, more pot holes, bankers bonuses, sending our badly equipped forces to fight in illegal wars, electric scooters, repeatedly failing to stop a nurse from killing babies, rip-off train fares, the well-off bleating because they cannot change their Range Rover every year because of VAT on private schools, spending £2000 on each real bear skin hat for the Kings guards while child poverty is increasing, people who say ‘Happy Holidays’ at Christmas, NIMBY’s that think it OK for their house to be built but no one else should have one, horsemeat in Tesco’s spag bog. Boris appointing a major donor and the son of a KGB officer to the Lords, building two stupid aircraft carriers when we don’t have any ships to support them, Triumph, MG, Rover, De Havilland, Vickers, Concorde, Michelle Mone, people who identify as ‘x’ like it is actually important and while the rest of us identify them as attention seeking tvvats, serial rapists in the Met, HMRC allegedly refunding Lewis Hamilton £3.3million VAT on his private jet, water companies paying £57billion in dividends to directors and shareholders and now expecting the public to bail them out, blaming everyone but ourselves for the state of our country, insufficient and broken EV charging points, James Dyson moving his business abroad, a woke National Trust, TOOTs soapbox, iFollow……

…..and above all, the final straw,………. and the only thing that really matters……

…..the Adnams Brewery in financial trouble.

I don’t profess to know of any country that is perfect, but Britain is certainly a world leader when it comes to self-destruction. Nostalgia is our biggest enemy, it has no value in the modern world, and there’s no hope while us boomers are alive. Hopefully the younger generations will be better custodians of our fine country and put its great talents and resources to better use than we have.

In the meantime, a good display and hopefully three points on Saturday, would do very nicely!

Allez les U’s
[Post edited 12 Sep 9:44]
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 09:46 - Sep 12 with 1610 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 09:33 - Sep 12 by TheOldOakTree

There are indeed many things that are still wonderful about our green and pleasant land, not least that we still have our beloved U’s.

I don’t know where I, or Sir Keir, got the idea about Britain having lost it’s way…..

…..apart from crumbling schools, the NHS on its knees, freezing pensioners, the Post Office Horizon scandal, civil unrest, £4billion covid fraud, releasing criminals early because we haven’t built enough prisons, sewage in our rivers and on our beaches, the sycamore gap tree, our Royal family associating with paedophiles, county lines drug gangs, foreigners owning London, obesity, shockingly poor education, record net immigration, foreigners owning our football clubs, extremism, pot holes, no replays in the FA Cup, shortage of houses, £20billion black hole, foreigners owning our utilities, Woolworth, BHS, Debenhams, still having death trap blocks of flats 7 years after Grenfell, greed, grooming gangs, idle white trash who can’t work but can have 10 kids, flag waving patriots shopping at German supermarkets, trade barriers with our neighbours, the retirement age rising to 70, hotels full of asylum seekers, no-go areas, poor public transport, general lack of respect for anyone or anything, alleged racism in our Royal Family by an alleged member of said family, Boris appointing a bit of fluff to the Lords, poor 5G coverage, zombie knives, coppers giving water to Just Stop Oil protesters to keep them hydrated instead of nicking them, SAS scandals, revenge evictions from dodgy landlords, having to borrow money from China so the French can build us a nuclear power station, rip-off Oasis ticketing, Jim Radcliffe’s tax status, spending a fortune on HS2 and not completing it, scrapping our freedom of movement while everyone else keeps theirs, more pot holes, bankers bonuses, sending our badly equipped forces to fight in illegal wars, electric scooters, repeatedly failing to stop a nurse from killing babies, rip-off train fares, the well-off bleating because they cannot change their Range Rover every year because of VAT on private schools, spending £2000 on each real bear skin hat for the Kings guards while child poverty is increasing, people who say ‘Happy Holidays’ at Christmas, NIMBY’s that think it OK for their house to be built but no one else should have one, horsemeat in Tesco’s spag bog. Boris appointing a major donor and the son of a KGB officer to the Lords, building two stupid aircraft carriers when we don’t have any ships to support them, Triumph, MG, Rover, De Havilland, Vickers, Concorde, Michelle Mone, people who identify as ‘x’ like it is actually important and while the rest of us identify them as attention seeking tvvats, serial rapists in the Met, HMRC allegedly refunding Lewis Hamilton £3.3million VAT on his private jet, water companies paying £57billion in dividends to directors and shareholders and now expecting the public to bail them out, blaming everyone but ourselves for the state of our country, insufficient and broken EV charging points, James Dyson moving his business abroad, a woke National Trust, TOOTs soapbox, iFollow……

I don’t profess to know of any country that is perfect, but Britain is certainly a world leader when it comes to self-destruction. Nostalgia is our biggest enemy, it has no value in the modern world, and there’s no hope while us boomers are alive. Hopefully the younger generations will be better custodians of our fine country and put its great talents and resources to better use than we have.

In the meantime, a good display and hopefully three points on Saturday, would do very nicely!

Allez les U’s

Formidable Mon Ami, bien dit. Et malheureusement vous avec raison. Restez en France - belle decision!!

And, yes, three points on Saturday would a step in a better direction. I hope our land recovers and am sure it will one day but you have highlit most of the reasons that it won't for a very long time. Living away from the old country enables a unique and dispassionate overview. It saddened me when I realised what the UK had thrown away.

Moor Pinot

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 10:34 - Sep 12 with 1603 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 09:46 - Sep 12 by Moor_Pinot

Formidable Mon Ami, bien dit. Et malheureusement vous avec raison. Restez en France - belle decision!!

And, yes, three points on Saturday would a step in a better direction. I hope our land recovers and am sure it will one day but you have highlit most of the reasons that it won't for a very long time. Living away from the old country enables a unique and dispassionate overview. It saddened me when I realised what the UK had thrown away.

I think a lot of it comes down to us playing a big part in winning WWII, it is probably the best and worst thing to ever happen to Britain. We are rightly proud of the contribution our massive sacrifice has made to the world, but at the same time it crippled us financially and gave us the stupid notion that it would make us better than everyone else. We've just sat on our hauches, telling each other how wonderful we are.

Boomers are a spoilt, entitled, undeserving bunch that have dined out on the UK's former glories and wasted the country's long-term potential for short term gain. Along the way, the more they've had, the more they've brought in a greed and lack of compassion. I've played my part as much as anyone.

It's not entirely irreversible. Speaking as someone who voted Tory 14 years ago, I think the UK has made a very small step in the right direction, but like the rest of the western world, it will not move forward until the emotive issue of immigration is addressed in a calm and sensible way.

It is a simple fact that you cannot have billions of people move to the west in search of a better life. The international laws of asylum are no longer fit for purpose, they were designed for people fleeing the iron curtain after the war. It is time for the west to unite and replace the present system with one that works and addresses the legitimate concerns of millions of people. It's time to stop kicking the can down the road.
[Post edited 12 Sep 10:46]
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 20:20 - Sep 12 with 1442 viewsghughes11

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 10:34 - Sep 12 by TheOldOakTree

I think a lot of it comes down to us playing a big part in winning WWII, it is probably the best and worst thing to ever happen to Britain. We are rightly proud of the contribution our massive sacrifice has made to the world, but at the same time it crippled us financially and gave us the stupid notion that it would make us better than everyone else. We've just sat on our hauches, telling each other how wonderful we are.

Boomers are a spoilt, entitled, undeserving bunch that have dined out on the UK's former glories and wasted the country's long-term potential for short term gain. Along the way, the more they've had, the more they've brought in a greed and lack of compassion. I've played my part as much as anyone.

It's not entirely irreversible. Speaking as someone who voted Tory 14 years ago, I think the UK has made a very small step in the right direction, but like the rest of the western world, it will not move forward until the emotive issue of immigration is addressed in a calm and sensible way.

It is a simple fact that you cannot have billions of people move to the west in search of a better life. The international laws of asylum are no longer fit for purpose, they were designed for people fleeing the iron curtain after the war. It is time for the west to unite and replace the present system with one that works and addresses the legitimate concerns of millions of people. It's time to stop kicking the can down the road.
[Post edited 12 Sep 10:46]

surely the best and easiest way to "stop people move to the west in search of a better life." and " for the west to unite and replace the present system with one that works and addresses the legitimate concerns of millions of people." is to stop destabilising other countries through war, corruption, pillaging of resources etc!

Until then....... as you were gentlemen...

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 13:38 - Sep 16 with 162 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 21:19 - Sep 11 by durham_exile

If you talk to fellow nut jobs on the internet about possibly blocking the M25, you get sent to prison for 5 years (fair enough). If you are a nonce that’s repeatedly looking at indecent images of children and sending someone substantial amounts for the privilege, you don’t go to prison at all (providing you are rich, famous and threaten to commit suicide). For most people stuck in a traffic jam, the experience won’t affect them for the rest of their lives, unlike the ultimate victims of Edwards, the like of whom may well actually commit suicide.

Britain is broken and there’s no hope, the whole country and its legal system are run by people who are fruitcake.

“Excuse me officer, I was just standing outside the pub having a fag and I saw this bloke stab three people”…..
….”so you were smoking outside a pub, were you?”

I’ll agree that there’s still hope for iFollow and Col U, they’re not broken, they’ve just lost their way at the moment. A couple of wins and we could be away.
[Post edited 16 Sep 13:39]
Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 14:57 - Sep 16 with 127 viewsbwildered

Ravens to have their wings clipped by the Super U's on 09:33 - Sep 12 by TheOldOakTree

Allez les U’s

And what have the Romans done for us Reg !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024