Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? 08:20 - Jan 24 with 1855 viewsrafc1977

I have no doubt jc will know about all our players, with this in mind and if you was him, what's your team for bury?

Here's mine

Lucas

Darby
Holden
Jorden
Widdowson

Adams
Tutte
Kennedy
Gray

Grimes
JLAA

Edwards, Jones, Amankwaah, BBM, Abadaki.

No place in my team for any of our current loanees (darby aside who has been here from the start) in order to foster team spirit and banish the past, its our future that has to play. My opinion is that if jc goes and LOANS say 3 players this week then it just adds to the current unsettled feeling around the club. If however he can buy 1 (cant imagine that he would have signed without some immediate funds being available) and maybe sign a freebie or 2 then thats different as they would all be part of team rochdale and in it together.
Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 09:08 - Jan 24 with 1782 viewsNotEyreClue

I think we need to stick with the keeper , he's clearly quality and there's no point dropping him for the sake of it (maybe he's gone back? if we were to put someone else in I'd prefer it to be Edwards)

Amankwaah would start for me simply because he's the only player who's looked anything like a proper CB for us in a while.

Jean Louis has played on the wing before and done fairly well although, granted, this is a temporary solution to a long standing problem of ours (Hackney where the fu*k are you and are you even any good? Johnson still a possibility?) so I'm not sure if I'd prefer to play him there instead of Gray.

In terms of up front it's Grimes +1...ideally with a target man but we don't have one anymore although Akpro is fantastic in the air so perhaps it'd work with him and Lizard? (definite signing needed in this area..could we afford Forte if he does actually want to leave Southampton?)

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:23 - Jan 24 with 1681 viewssweetcorn

I'd start by sending bog and ormerod back which free's up some wages. I'd keep the keeper, because we dont have anyone better than him and lucas is too injury prone. I'd look instantly for a couple of signings, theres a few knocking about on a free, johnson being one of them, maybe bring in hughes, supposed to of been great for accy this year and maybe a long-term loan of a player who coleman wants. but from the players we have at the minute it'd have to be:

Kurucz
Darby Holden Jordan Widdowson

Thompson Tutte Kennedy Adams

JLAA Grimes

Until we make signings thats our most balanced team, gives us a target up front with jean-louis, two wingers, although joey t isnt my cup of tea, we dont have anyone else to play the position, some pace through the middle in tutte, and hopefully a return of the grimes who excited me early in the season and banged in 8 early season goals. COME ON DALE.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 1659 viewsNotEyreClue

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:23 - Jan 24 by sweetcorn

I'd start by sending bog and ormerod back which free's up some wages. I'd keep the keeper, because we dont have anyone better than him and lucas is too injury prone. I'd look instantly for a couple of signings, theres a few knocking about on a free, johnson being one of them, maybe bring in hughes, supposed to of been great for accy this year and maybe a long-term loan of a player who coleman wants. but from the players we have at the minute it'd have to be:

Kurucz
Darby Holden Jordan Widdowson

Thompson Tutte Kennedy Adams

JLAA Grimes

Until we make signings thats our most balanced team, gives us a target up front with jean-louis, two wingers, although joey t isnt my cup of tea, we dont have anyone else to play the position, some pace through the middle in tutte, and hopefully a return of the grimes who excited me early in the season and banged in 8 early season goals. COME ON DALE.

Playing Thompson always looks a good idea in principle Curbs and then within 2 minutes of him being on the pitch you realise that you might as well be playing with 10 men lol. I would honestly prefer a makeshift winger over Thompson, he's painful to watch at times

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:33 - Jan 24 with 1650 viewsborodale4

I feel there will be at least one new name in that squad come saturday....
Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:46 - Jan 24 with 1631 viewsD_Alien

IMO there's no way Coleman will leave Jonah out on Saturday

If we're to survive the drop (and btw I don't want to see the moronic phrase "if Coleman takes us down" on here, as posted on another thread, again!) Coleman will very much want his captain on board

That's not to say he won't review the situation very quickly and I believe Jonah would accept being stood down from the starting X1 by someone like Coleman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:53 - Jan 24 with 1609 viewsScunnydale

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:46 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

IMO there's no way Coleman will leave Jonah out on Saturday

If we're to survive the drop (and btw I don't want to see the moronic phrase "if Coleman takes us down" on here, as posted on another thread, again!) Coleman will very much want his captain on board

That's not to say he won't review the situation very quickly and I believe Jonah would accept being stood down from the starting X1 by someone like Coleman

I'm sure Jonah would accept something along the lines of: "Look Gary, you're getting on a bit. When you play, I need you fresh. On your day you're as good as anyone, but I need to rest you sometimes to keep you fresh for the more important games."

I know Jonah wants to play every single minute of every single game - that attitude is why he's so loved. But he also needs to realise that he's much more valuable to us when he's refreshed.

I hope he does realise that, because an on-form Jonah is exactly what we need.
Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:00 - Jan 24 with 1587 viewsjudd

Yeah but if Coleman takes us down should Jonah still be captain?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:07 - Jan 24 with 1571 viewssweetcorn

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 10:30 - Jan 24 by NotEyreClue

Playing Thompson always looks a good idea in principle Curbs and then within 2 minutes of him being on the pitch you realise that you might as well be playing with 10 men lol. I would honestly prefer a makeshift winger over Thompson, he's painful to watch at times

I know stap this is the torment i would face as the manager, as you very well know, i'm not a thompson fan, but is there anyone else to play? gray isn't ready for starting and adabaki I haven't seen, so i wont comment, unless we sign someone akpro and grimes is the start partnership, so alas it has to be thompson unless signings are made . Unless tutte can play a more disciplined role on the right, rather than drifting into the central role as he has in the past when attempting to play a wide position.

Login to get fewer ads

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:08 - Jan 24 with 1564 viewsD_Alien

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:00 - Jan 24 by judd

Yeah but if Coleman takes us down should Jonah still be captain?

Have you gone down on ParryPussendale yet?

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:14 - Jan 24 with 1542 viewsNotEyreClue

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:07 - Jan 24 by sweetcorn

I know stap this is the torment i would face as the manager, as you very well know, i'm not a thompson fan, but is there anyone else to play? gray isn't ready for starting and adabaki I haven't seen, so i wont comment, unless we sign someone akpro and grimes is the start partnership, so alas it has to be thompson unless signings are made . Unless tutte can play a more disciplined role on the right, rather than drifting into the central role as he has in the past when attempting to play a wide position.

If we were to play Amankwaah at the back with Holden (or eventually Byrne/David etc) and play Jordan at left back then I wouldn't mind giving Widdowson a go on the wing because he's got the pace and likes to go forward. I think Tutte could turn into a fine winger but as you say he'd have to be trained in that position and it's also a case as to whether he'd want to play that role or not. I know players should play where they're picked and all that but if he's not happy there then he's less likely to try as hard

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:20 - Jan 24 with 1526 viewssweetcorn

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:14 - Jan 24 by NotEyreClue

If we were to play Amankwaah at the back with Holden (or eventually Byrne/David etc) and play Jordan at left back then I wouldn't mind giving Widdowson a go on the wing because he's got the pace and likes to go forward. I think Tutte could turn into a fine winger but as you say he'd have to be trained in that position and it's also a case as to whether he'd want to play that role or not. I know players should play where they're picked and all that but if he's not happy there then he's less likely to try as hard

As i said in the past, i'm not sure if widdowson has the final ball to play on the wing, its good enough as a left back because its rare he has to play the final ball, but if it was him who was hitting the cross 7/10 i think we'd get a bit annoyed with the waste. Hopefully coleman will see the lack of wingers as soon as he comes in and picks one up before saturday. heres hoping. Also hoping for a bit of a boost in performance, we are afterall on our honeymoon period.

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:26 - Jan 24 with 1511 viewsNotEyreClue

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:20 - Jan 24 by sweetcorn

As i said in the past, i'm not sure if widdowson has the final ball to play on the wing, its good enough as a left back because its rare he has to play the final ball, but if it was him who was hitting the cross 7/10 i think we'd get a bit annoyed with the waste. Hopefully coleman will see the lack of wingers as soon as he comes in and picks one up before saturday. heres hoping. Also hoping for a bit of a boost in performance, we are afterall on our honeymoon period.

We definitely need a winger..I get the feeling Hackney is going to be one of those players that we never get to see play! Shame really, was looking forward to seeing if he still had the goods. Whilst I agree about Widdowson his final ball can't be any worse than Adams' at the moment and is automatically better than Thompsons because n x Number of balls in the box (0) = 0...lol

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:29 - Jan 24 with 1497 viewssweetcorn

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:26 - Jan 24 by NotEyreClue

We definitely need a winger..I get the feeling Hackney is going to be one of those players that we never get to see play! Shame really, was looking forward to seeing if he still had the goods. Whilst I agree about Widdowson his final ball can't be any worse than Adams' at the moment and is automatically better than Thompsons because n x Number of balls in the box (0) = 0...lol

what the f**k am i thinking, of course thompson shouldn't play, we could put kuagica david at right mid and he'd do a better job. Thompson can not play.

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:30 - Jan 24 with 1491 viewsjudd

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:08 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

Have you gone down on ParryPussendale yet?

Is that a tube station or summat?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:32 - Jan 24 with 1479 viewsD_Alien

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:30 - Jan 24 by judd

Is that a tube station or summat?

Tram(p) stop in bury

Your the new gaffer, whats your team v bury? on 11:32 - Jan 24 with 1480 viewsNewbury_Dale

If I was manager, Holden & Jorden would not be in the matchday squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024