Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maths 22:00 - Feb 21 with 1889 viewsrafc1977

Never was my best subject but here goes, Im sure someone will correct if Im wrong.

Before Coleman.

Played 27
Points 21
Points per game 0.77
Would have given us after 46 games 35

Since Coleman.

Played 4 (inc league leaders & 2 play off chasers)
Points 7
Points per game 1.75
Points after Colemans 19 games 33.25

IF we can keep up the points per game ratio then by my reckoning were safe. Yes its a tall order but based on what has gone on so far why not. Im not even sure that 50 points will be needed this season to stay up, its quite congested down the bottom, and I can see others being dragged in yet.
Bury
Oldham
Tranmere

Great effort tonight, and will do the confidence good for another trip south at the weekend.
Up the Dale.
Maths on 22:04 - Feb 21 with 1866 viewshxdale

Yeovil,Exeter... There's a few clubs that should now be looking over there shoulder's
Maths on 22:10 - Feb 21 with 1820 viewsD_Dale

Yep, if Dale win 1.75 points per game, we should end up on 54 pts - usually enough for safety.

But a bad patch of 3/4 games could make a difference, especially as most of the lower clubs are capable of stringing together a few wins (as Saturday's results showed).

There is still a lot of hard work to be done!
Maths on 22:13 - Feb 21 with 1805 viewsDorsetDale

Maths on 22:04 - Feb 21 by hxdale

Yeovil,Exeter... There's a few clubs that should now be looking over there shoulder's

I have a bet every season with my Yeovil supporting mate. Which ever side finishes highest (irrespective of actual league/division) wins the bet.

Not lost since Yeovil were promoted and don't want to start now so we need to catch 'em!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Maths on 22:15 - Feb 21 with 1795 viewslove_the_dale

Yes, it seemed to take some gloss off our great performance and result on Saturday when everyone else around us won as well, but the upside is is that other clubs will be drawn into the battle.

Come on Dale.

Maths on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 1764 viewsmacro

Maths on 22:10 - Feb 21 by D_Dale

Yep, if Dale win 1.75 points per game, we should end up on 54 pts - usually enough for safety.

But a bad patch of 3/4 games could make a difference, especially as most of the lower clubs are capable of stringing together a few wins (as Saturday's results showed).

Agree, this is a bonus point, next Tuesday v Notts Cheaty will be hoping for three. Still 15 games to go, onwards and upwards
Maths on 08:35 - Feb 22 with 1583 viewsD_Dale

Maths on 22:10 - Feb 21 by D_Dale

In the colder light of the day after, it's maybe worth adding that if Saturday's game had ended 0-0, as it very nearly did, the average points score for the last four games would be 1.25, giving, if maintained for the remaining 15 games, a total of 48 pts - possibly not quite enough.

There is a very very large amount of hard work still to be done!!
Maths on 10:29 - Feb 22 with 1496 viewsColDale

Maths on 22:04 - Feb 21 by hxdale

I wouldn't rule Oldham out of them equation just yet. I know they had wages issues but it was this time of the year last season when they couldn't buy a point. The teams at the bottom are fully aware that they are battling to stay up whilst the Latics will be sitting think they are comfortable in mid table seeing the season out. Assuming we can keep playing the way we are, and we can beat them at Spotland, I see no reason why we can't catch them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024