Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Symes and Grimes 17:46 - Mar 31 with 1774 viewsAReeves

Got to be one of the most unispiring forward lines ever seen at spotland.

Symes - lazy, slow and technically poor

Grimes - lazy, petulant and just cant see what he adds.

Surely better to drop these 2 now and try something else for last few meaningless games - is gray still at hyde?
Symes and Grimes on 17:47 - Mar 31 with 1757 views442Dale

No point in discussing Grimes unless he's used in a front two. He offers almost nothing unless he is. Today he wasn't.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Symes and Grimes on 17:50 - Mar 31 with 1735 viewsPRINCE2356

I'd agree about Grimes, goes missing too much for me and is sellable. Symes i think gets a bad wrap, he gets in the right positions but the problem is there is generally not much around helping him.

Symes and Grimes on 17:51 - Mar 31 with 1729 viewsAReeves

Symes and Grimes on 17:47 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

No point in discussing Grimes unless he's used in a front two. He offers almost nothing unless he is. Today he wasn't.

Cant see hes offered much all season, regardless of where played, minimum required for me is at least some effort and commitment to the cause , this guy has shown none of that for me, wouldnt pay him in washers.
Symes and Grimes on 17:55 - Mar 31 with 1700 viewsMrsDale4life

Symes and Grimes on 17:51 - Mar 31 by AReeves

Cant see hes offered much all season, regardless of where played, minimum required for me is at least some effort and commitment to the cause , this guy has shown none of that for me, wouldnt pay him in washers.

Grimes was just awful today and didn't seem to be bothered to play was glad when he was subbed and can't say that Symes is good cos he's not he hasnt really inspired me since he's been at the Dale
Symes and Grimes on 17:55 - Mar 31 with 1697 views442Dale

Would argue he did put in the effort today. There was one crucial interception and clearance in his own box in the first half that was noticed by few bar Jimmy Ryan. It's just he won't be contributing where he should be unless it's in a front two.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Symes and Grimes on 17:58 - Mar 31 with 1679 viewsSuddenLad

Symes and Grimes on 17:51 - Mar 31 by AReeves

Grimes would be fine if he was in a 'winning team', and it's going well. When it's time to roll up the sleeves and fight, he's not the sort of player you need. He won't be getting 'stuck in' for the cause.

That said, I prefer him to that cheating ballet dancer/acrobat who wore 28 for Warsaw.......another disgraceful exhibition.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Symes and Grimes on 18:05 - Mar 31 with 1651 viewsstuartcryer

symes could be good target man but needs support up front but grimes i agree you cant afford to carry him

wardle blue

Symes and Grimes on 18:07 - Mar 31 with 1626 viewsShun

Symes and Grimes on 17:58 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

Grimes would be fine if he was in a 'winning team', and it's going well. When it's time to roll up the sleeves and fight, he's not the sort of player you need. He won't be getting 'stuck in' for the cause.

That said, I prefer him to that cheating ballet dancer/acrobat who wore 28 for Warsaw.......another disgraceful exhibition.

You'd think would be the case, but he scored a lot for Lincoln in their relegation team last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Symes and Grimes on 18:11 - Mar 31 with 1608 viewsSuddenLad

Symes and Grimes on 18:07 - Mar 31 by Shun

You'd think would be the case, but he scored a lot for Lincoln in their relegation team last season.

Yes. He's a League Two player.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Symes and Grimes on 19:12 - Mar 31 with 1506 views49thseason

Symes and Grimes on 18:05 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

symes could be good target man but needs support up front but grimes i agree you cant afford to carry him

Symes will never be a target man as long as he has a hole in his a£3e!
No pace. cant jump, no touch , no turn , can't shoot. Takes a decent penalty though. My wife could have scored the tap in he managed to put wide today and he got nowhere near a header that would have been meat and drink for a "proper" striker. Is he really 6'3"?

We desperately need a forward who unsettles defences , one who can rough-up defenders and takes two markers when he moves, someone who doesn't give defenders a moments respite and who forces errors. that's when you get the best out of a natural finisher like Grimes who can pick up the pieces. Symes is not what we need.
Symes and Grimes on 19:20 - Mar 31 with 1489 viewsstuartcryer

Symes and Grimes on 19:12 - Mar 31 by 49thseason

Symes will never be a target man as long as he has a hole in his a£3e!
No pace. cant jump, no touch , no turn , can't shoot. Takes a decent penalty though. My wife could have scored the tap in he managed to put wide today and he got nowhere near a header that would have been meat and drink for a "proper" striker. Is he really 6'3"?

We desperately need a forward who unsettles defences , one who can rough-up defenders and takes two markers when he moves, someone who doesn't give defenders a moments respite and who forces errors. that's when you get the best out of a natural finisher like Grimes who can pick up the pieces. Symes is not what we need.

i disagree he as struggled when coleman as played one up front how many balls did he win today with knock on and knock downs i also agree with what you said but grant holt would never come back we have to be realistic in our pricing budget

wardle blue

Symes and Grimes on 19:23 - Mar 31 with 1481 viewsDoris

Symes and Grimes on 19:20 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

i disagree he as struggled when coleman as played one up front how many balls did he win today with knock on and knock downs i also agree with what you said but grant holt would never come back we have to be realistic in our pricing budget

those 2 chances 49 talked about should be on target,he failed with the shot and nearly missed the header both from about 12 yards .ANY striker whether being played up front on his own should have them on target,thay were in a crucial time of the game.
Symes and Grimes on 19:30 - Mar 31 with 1472 viewsstuartcryer

Symes and Grimes on 19:23 - Mar 31 by Doris

those 2 chances 49 talked about should be on target,he failed with the shot and nearly missed the header both from about 12 yards .ANY striker whether being played up front on his own should have them on target,thay were in a crucial time of the game.

yes i agree im not saying he is the answer to all our prayers but i feel he is not as bad as being made out he has come into a very bad team with no confidence i have not liked any of colemans signings to me he as not improved anything but what i am trying to say he is better than the likes of harry bunn and eccleston and barnes homer we had with the city pillock

wardle blue

Symes and Grimes on 19:31 - Mar 31 with 1471 viewsgizmo

Symes and Grimes on 18:11 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

Yes. He's a League Two player.

....he`ll get plenty of matches next season then....should bang in a shedload for us.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Symes and Grimes on 20:09 - Mar 31 with 1437 views49thseason

Symes and Grimes on 19:30 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

yes i agree im not saying he is the answer to all our prayers but i feel he is not as bad as being made out he has come into a very bad team with no confidence i have not liked any of colemans signings to me he as not improved anything but what i am trying to say he is better than the likes of harry bunn and eccleston and barnes homer we had with the city pillock

Half the crowd is better than Barnes Homer. I think Bunn and Eccleston will be a decent lower league players in a year or two. But I also think we now know that premiership kids cant hack it in proper men's football.
Symes and Grimes on 01:22 - Apr 1 with 1339 viewssandylaner23

Absolute w*nkey pants the pair of them, I saw grimes at Crewe in pre season and thought what a bell end, a propa big time charley, a sh1te ballotelli, we don't need characters like him at the min we need grafters.
And as for symes well can't say a right lot to be honest wins a couple of headers and takes a penalty but that's about it, he's not here for the team just to coin a wage a bit closer to home than bournemuff.
Give gray and abadaki a chance I say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024