Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. 10:41 - Oct 30 with 5260 viewsReedy

David Perkins worn and signed warm up shirt from Play-off Final.
Worn and signed Louis Dodds home shirt.
Signed Sam Russell Goalkeepers shirt.
David Perkins signed Centenary Shirt.
Worn and signed Joe Thompson Shirt.
Worn and signed Morike Sako shirt.
Worn and signed Dave Flitcroft jacket.
Worn Rory Prendergast shirt (spelt Prenderast) - signed by Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft.

Am willing to post anywhere in the world, no serious offer turned down.

If interested PM me.

Blog: The FA Cup

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 17:35 - Nov 2 with 1047 viewsrafc1984

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 16:21 - Nov 2 by barryroch

You are UNBELIEVEABLE. Why should he even consider giving the money to the club. They are his to do as he pleases. Has he not done enough for the club already. and continues to do so. I do know him as he is my SON and he can do whatever he wants to do with them. (even though I bought some of them for him when he was younger)

This.

The assumptions a couple of people have made on this thread are unbelievable.

Lets just say for a minute he did get given this stuff, he has had to put the leg work in for it. But there is no way he could just aquire such sought after things like Gary Jones boots etc.
If I sold off my Dale stuff, I wouldnt donate it to the club either, I have aquired/bought it, and it's mine to do whatever I see fit...

If I were reedy, I would have been back on this thread to tell you's to mind your own fooking business.
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 19:52 - Nov 2 with 1019 viewsTalkingSutty

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 17:35 - Nov 2 by rafc1984

This.

Lets just say for a minute he did get given this stuff, he has had to put the leg work in for it. But there is no way he could just aquire such sought after things like Gary Jones boots etc.
If I sold off my Dale stuff, I wouldnt donate it to the club either, I have aquired/bought it, and it's mine to do whatever I see fit...

If I were reedy, I would have been back on this thread to tell you's to mind your own fooking business.

I suggested Reedy might want to donate his collection to the Trust to be displayed in Studds perhaps. We have a corner of the room as a tribute to Jonah and those signed football boots would be a great addition.

The problem i have with selling things like this for personal gain is how the person who donated it would feel if the recipient was then making personal gain of the gift further down the line. For example would Jonah have even parted with those boots if he knew a couple of years down the line they would end up being sold ? As a Dale fan why would you ever even contemplate selling those particular boots ?

Its a question some people are obviously not comfortable in asking or even questioning the morals behind it, but i feel its a legitimate question. I know Reedy has done things behind the scenes at Rochdale (A lot of us were also shovelling snow and doing sponsored walks before Reedy was born) and maybe thats why he has been able to gather some of this memorabilia but there are also others who have worked unpaid behind the scenes for decades and still do and i dont see them trying to make financial gain. It doesnt seem right to me but i am probably in the small minority.

Oh, and when you chose to put the information on a public forum it then becomes everybodys business, so telling folk to "mind your own fooking business" because they dont agree with your actions is not how it works !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 20:03 - Nov 2 with 1012 views442Dale

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 17:35 - Nov 2 by rafc1984

This.

Not getting into the ongoing debate, but the annual kit sales now make it far easier for any Dale fan to pick up signed memorabilia. As posted earlier, Gary Jones signed boots, £15.

Now on my fireplace.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 20:08 - Nov 2 with 1007 viewsTalkingSutty

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 20:03 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

Not getting into the ongoing debate, but the annual kit sales now make it far easier for any Dale fan to pick up signed memorabilia. As posted earlier, Gary Jones signed boots, £15.

Now on my fireplace.

.......and the proceeds from the sale of kit go back into the club. Anyway thats my two pennath on this particular subject.
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 20:11 - Nov 2 with 996 views442Dale

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 20:08 - Nov 2 by TalkingSutty

.......and the proceeds from the sale of kit go back into the club. Anyway thats my two pennath on this particular subject.

Yeah. And excellent events they've been too.

There are more pairs of blue and black socks in my house than the home dressing room at Spotland and the San Siro combined.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 21:48 - Nov 2 with 968 viewsrafc1984

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 19:52 - Nov 2 by TalkingSutty

I suggested Reedy might want to donate his collection to the Trust to be displayed in Studds perhaps. We have a corner of the room as a tribute to Jonah and those signed football boots would be a great addition.

The problem i have with selling things like this for personal gain is how the person who donated it would feel if the recipient was then making personal gain of the gift further down the line. For example would Jonah have even parted with those boots if he knew a couple of years down the line they would end up being sold ? As a Dale fan why would you ever even contemplate selling those particular boots ?

Its a question some people are obviously not comfortable in asking or even questioning the morals behind it, but i feel its a legitimate question. I know Reedy has done things behind the scenes at Rochdale (A lot of us were also shovelling snow and doing sponsored walks before Reedy was born) and maybe thats why he has been able to gather some of this memorabilia but there are also others who have worked unpaid behind the scenes for decades and still do and i dont see them trying to make financial gain. It doesnt seem right to me but i am probably in the small minority.

Oh, and when you chose to put the information on a public forum it then becomes everybodys business, so telling folk to "mind your own fooking business" because they dont agree with your actions is not how it works !!

Ok, in your 2nd post on this thread, you say its not a moralistic issue, then in your reply to me, you mention it is, so which is it, or are you just having a whine for the sake of it, and you have nothing better to do!

Secondly, I hope you have read his Fathers reply on this thread, which explains quite a bit!

Thirdly, There is no way he can have got GJ's boots for free, I think they were on sale at Jacks kit sale. Therefore he has bid, won and subsequently decided, for whatever reason to sell them. There is absoloutly nothing moraly or imoraly wrong with this. Besides which, with the ammout of money pro footballers earn, if GJ gave a sh!t about said boots, he would have kept them.

Fourthly, if you are not interested in buying anything, why even comment on the thread. You say it's a public forum, and "it then becomes everyones business," bollox I say, it's the business of the people who are interested in buying what the guy is selling. Where do you expect a bloke to sell RAFC memoribilia, on burys board, ebay?

Finaly, it was me that told you to mind your own fooking business, not the OP, (I dont even know the kid) and that still stands.

Hope this helps.
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 949 viewsTalkingSutty

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 21:48 - Nov 2 by rafc1984

Ok, in your 2nd post on this thread, you say its not a moralistic issue, then in your reply to me, you mention it is, so which is it, or are you just having a whine for the sake of it, and you have nothing better to do!

Secondly, I hope you have read his Fathers reply on this thread, which explains quite a bit!

Thirdly, There is no way he can have got GJ's boots for free, I think they were on sale at Jacks kit sale. Therefore he has bid, won and subsequently decided, for whatever reason to sell them. There is absoloutly nothing moraly or imoraly wrong with this. Besides which, with the ammout of money pro footballers earn, if GJ gave a sh!t about said boots, he would have kept them.

Fourthly, if you are not interested in buying anything, why even comment on the thread. You say it's a public forum, and "it then becomes everyones business," bollox I say, it's the business of the people who are interested in buying what the guy is selling. Where do you expect a bloke to sell RAFC memoribilia, on burys board, ebay?

Finaly, it was me that told you to mind your own fooking business, not the OP, (I dont even know the kid) and that still stands.

Hope this helps.

Take a breath and look at my post and you will then realise i was responding to YOUR post, come on its not that difficult this forum malarkey surely. I will respond to a post how i feel fit and it doesnt bother me one dot wether you agree with me or not. Its on a PUBLIC forum, so its open to everybodys interpretation.

Now i dont agree with the OP or his father (both of who i know) on this subject and your opinions dont really concern me one way or another. Its a difference of opinions and thats all it is with the selling of donated memorabilia and shovelling snow or raising money for the club somehow justifying the actions doesnt wash with me thats all. I dont know why that was mentioned earlier in the thread anyway, its irrelevant ( I do respect Reedy for his efforts though).

If Reedy or whoever, actually paid for items and then decided to sell them i dont have a problem with that. Its selling items that players have donated free of charge for personal gain that doesnt sit right with me thats all and i know it goes on all the time and probably isnt such a big deal.

I said i am probably in the minority in my thoughts but i can live with that. Dont take offence because i dont agree with you, its just a discussion and telling people to mind their own fooking business on a forum went out with the dinosaurs
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 23:07 - Nov 2 with 912 viewsrafc1984

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 22:08 - Nov 2 by TalkingSutty

Take a breath and look at my post and you will then realise i was responding to YOUR post, come on its not that difficult this forum malarkey surely. I will respond to a post how i feel fit and it doesnt bother me one dot wether you agree with me or not. Its on a PUBLIC forum, so its open to everybodys interpretation.

Now i dont agree with the OP or his father (both of who i know) on this subject and your opinions dont really concern me one way or another. Its a difference of opinions and thats all it is with the selling of donated memorabilia and shovelling snow or raising money for the club somehow justifying the actions doesnt wash with me thats all. I dont know why that was mentioned earlier in the thread anyway, its irrelevant ( I do respect Reedy for his efforts though).

If Reedy or whoever, actually paid for items and then decided to sell them i dont have a problem with that. Its selling items that players have donated free of charge for personal gain that doesnt sit right with me thats all and i know it goes on all the time and probably isnt such a big deal.

I said i am probably in the minority in my thoughts but i can live with that. Dont take offence because i dont agree with you, its just a discussion and telling people to mind their own fooking business on a forum went out with the dinosaurs

Now that is bollox, its pr!cks like you, that have an opinion on everything that fooks this board up. Seriously, if you dont want to buy anything, why comment on other peoples motives, it really is none of your fooking business, (I really hope this is the last time I have to spell this out to you.)

Whether this sits right with you or not is totally irrelevant, you should not be jumping on, or forcing your opinions on anyone else.

End of.
Login to get fewer ads

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 06:33 - Nov 3 with 884 viewsTalkingSutty

Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 23:07 - Nov 2 by rafc1984

Now that is bollox, its pr!cks like you, that have an opinion on everything that fooks this board up. Seriously, if you dont want to buy anything, why comment on other peoples motives, it really is none of your fooking business, (I really hope this is the last time I have to spell this out to you.)

Whether this sits right with you or not is totally irrelevant, you should not be jumping on, or forcing your opinions on anyone else.

End of.

Forum = opportunity for an EXCHANGE OF VIEWS, thats the dictionary definition! This is a forum isnt it ?

Resorting to calling people pr!cks because you cant change their views sums you up sunshine, lose the anger its not nice, (I really hope this is the last time i have to spell this out to you).

I am sure Reedy and his dad are quite capable of discussing this subject face to face with me should they decide without your intervention, so stop the personal abuse.

Channel the anger into getting behind the lads at Morecambe cos its wasted on me, see you there !!

End of. (see what i did there)
Selling off a load of Dale stuff. on 08:56 - Nov 3 with 852 viewsReedy

The reason I'm selling these bits is because there stuck in a wardrobe not doing anything, these are items that should be displayed, I simply don't have the room (and never will have!) to display all these items (I also can't afford the framing) The majority of them have been bought, a couple have been gifts. However (to me) it's not about how you got them, there simply collecting dust, not doing anything, which I don't agree with. If you had something that you didn't use, and was gathering dust, (particularly in times like these) if these had some monetary value, and could go to a better home where they will be displayed, then in my opinion everyone wins. If it was all about money, I would ask for a lot of money for the items, but I'm not, this is being done so these items can be displayed, and someone can be proud of them.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024