Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Call In Show 22:40 - Nov 1 with 2298 viewsdaveB

london calling with tony fernandes and mbia
worth a watch, Mbia denies the story about him not knowing what country QPR were in, says he knew it was in london.

Fernandes denied all the Redknapp stories, even if we lose on Sunday I doubt Hughes will go to be honest

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26600327
London Call In Show on 22:43 - Nov 1 with 1834 viewsDWQPR

More to the point what was M'bia's excuse for acting the complete c.nut on Saturday?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

London Call In Show on 23:00 - Nov 1 with 1792 viewswaveydave

strong mentions of stephane m'bia, interesting.
London Call In Show on 23:29 - Nov 1 with 1750 viewsdaveB

said talks are ongoing re a new stadium, they can't say much but they are in talks about bidding for land

he mentioned fc asulburgs stadium as wanting something like that close to the pitch
London Call In Show on 02:23 - Nov 2 with 1652 viewsSonofNorfolt

London Call In Show on 23:29 - Nov 1 by daveB

said talks are ongoing re a new stadium, they can't say much but they are in talks about bidding for land

he mentioned fc asulburgs stadium as wanting something like that close to the pitch

Asulburgs?

Do you mean Augsburg?

If so, their ground isn't that bad, but there are many better.
London Call In Show on 08:24 - Nov 2 with 1536 viewshoopstilidie

London Call In Show on 02:23 - Nov 2 by SonofNorfolt

Asulburgs?

Do you mean Augsburg?

If so, their ground isn't that bad, but there are many better.

It's not a bad starting point.

Prefer the interior to the exterior certainly

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

London Call In Show on 09:17 - Nov 2 with 1454 viewsbarbicanranger

London Call In Show on 08:24 - Nov 2 by hoopstilidie

thanks for the link Dave, going to listen to this to wind away my friday morning in the office...
London Call In Show on 09:21 - Nov 2 with 1443 viewsnadera78

Still banging on about 45,000 I see. Utter nonsense.
London Call In Show on 09:33 - Nov 2 with 1396 viewsTW_R

London Call In Show on 22:43 - Nov 1 by DWQPR

More to the point what was M'bia's excuse for acting the complete c.nut on Saturday?

He said he thought Arsenal was in Scotland so he was just doing what the Romans do.
Login to get fewer ads

London Call In Show on 09:35 - Nov 2 with 1392 viewsdaveB

London Call In Show on 09:21 - Nov 2 by nadera78

he said anything between 35 -45,000
London Call In Show on 09:40 - Nov 2 with 1379 viewshoof_hearted

The trick to filling a 45,000 seater will be to stay in the Premier league and undercut the other London clubs for families so that a new generation of austerity kids become R's for life.

That and signing a top Korean, a top American and at least one Indian or Chinaman. 9,000 tourists from each country plus the regular 18,000 = 45,000. Can't see the problem.
London Call In Show on 09:45 - Nov 2 with 1365 viewsnadera78

London Call In Show on 09:40 - Nov 2 by hoof_hearted

The trick to filling a 45,000 seater will be to stay in the Premier league and undercut the other London clubs for families so that a new generation of austerity kids become R's for life.

That and signing a top Korean, a top American and at least one Indian or Chinaman. 9,000 tourists from each country plus the regular 18,000 = 45,000. Can't see the problem.

On Report's forum the other day a poster was saying that he'd heard a discussion on the radio about foreign fans making trips to PL games. Using figures from Thomas Cook, Man United get around 100,000 a year and Chelsea 60,000. The guy detailing this reckoned QPR were aiming for 5,000 per game in the new stadium. That would be 95,000 per season. More or less the same number as Manure.
London Call In Show on 10:02 - Nov 2 with 1335 viewsTW_R

London Call In Show on 09:45 - Nov 2 by nadera78

On Report's forum the other day a poster was saying that he'd heard a discussion on the radio about foreign fans making trips to PL games. Using figures from Thomas Cook, Man United get around 100,000 a year and Chelsea 60,000. The guy detailing this reckoned QPR were aiming for 5,000 per game in the new stadium. That would be 95,000 per season. More or less the same number as Manure.

Being based in London will help I guess.
London Call In Show on 10:09 - Nov 2 with 1320 viewsnadera78

London Call In Show on 10:02 - Nov 2 by TW_R

Being based in London will help I guess.

Will help us attract the same number of foreign visitors as Manchester United? And 50% more than Chelsea?

Even assuming they could hit that target, which is insane, that still leaves 40,000 seats for us to to fill. We've had one attendance over that figure in our entire history.
London Call In Show on 10:13 - Nov 2 with 1302 viewsWestbourneR

Give it time nadera give it time.

There would be plenty of seats for the non playing members of our bloated squad. We could have a Hulse area.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

London Call In Show on 10:19 - Nov 2 with 1278 viewsbarbicanranger

Just listened to the show, questions heavily managed by the guy on the left of the screen...bit of a shame because Tony is an open guy and could probably manage the calls himself...
London Call In Show on 12:47 - Nov 2 with 1175 viewsTW_R

London Call In Show on 10:09 - Nov 2 by nadera78

Will help us attract the same number of foreign visitors as Manchester United? And 50% more than Chelsea?

Even assuming they could hit that target, which is insane, that still leaves 40,000 seats for us to to fill. We've had one attendance over that figure in our entire history.

Hard to know really. Obviously London attracts a lot more visitors. 16 million compared to about 1 million to Manchester, so there's definitely the opportunity. And looking at the large Asian contingent we now seem to have some of that support already.
London Call In Show on 13:09 - Nov 2 with 1140 viewsQPunkR

I'd be happy for that Augsburg template - better than the new soulless grounds popping up all over England at present - especially if Tony goes with the 11,000 capacity stand for people standing!!

QPR - "shit but local"

London Call In Show on 13:11 - Nov 2 with 1136 viewsTHEBUSH

London Call In Show on 09:21 - Nov 2 by nadera78

your missing the point, not only to be used for football, but also pop concerts etc..
London Call In Show on 13:12 - Nov 2 with 1136 viewsPinnerPaul

That's what I've been saying all week Dave!

Its what TF said on Monday but fans who want MH out have chosen to ignore it.
London Call In Show on 16:02 - Nov 2 with 1043 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I think we are lucky to have this fella in charge of our club. Not only says a lot of the right things ( like many other chairmen/ managers ) but you get the impression that he really means it all and talks a lot of sence.
London Call In Show on 16:08 - Nov 2 with 1028 viewsnadera78

London Call In Show on 12:47 - Nov 2 by TW_R

Hard to know really. Obviously London attracts a lot more visitors. 16 million compared to about 1 million to Manchester, so there's definitely the opportunity. And looking at the large Asian contingent we now seem to have some of that support already.

Chealsea, with a decade of constant success (w*nkers that they are!), manage 60,000 a year. We think we can attract 50% more than that?
London Call In Show on 16:29 - Nov 2 with 1001 viewsTW_R

London Call In Show on 16:08 - Nov 2 by nadera78

Chealsea, with a decade of constant success (w*nkers that they are!), manage 60,000 a year. We think we can attract 50% more than that?

Well, I guess it's also the availability of the tickets. In general, Chelsea tickets sell pretty well and so there are less available to the tourist trade/one-off visitors.

Fulham have done quite well with it and they have more tourists turn up than they do away fans (just added this for Konk's benefit )

I certainly don't think it will happen overnight and I suspect the ticket prices will need to drop 30%-50% if they want it full, but it could be a go-er long term.
London Call In Show on 16:33 - Nov 2 with 993 viewsW7Ranger

London Call In Show on 08:24 - Nov 2 by hoopstilidie

Doesn't this look just like one of those indenti-kit stadiums that most of us don't like?

EG...
Southampton
Reading
Middlesboro
Derby
Leicester
Coventry
etc...

London Call In Show on 16:46 - Nov 2 with 964 viewsDylanP

We are never going to beat Scum for the tourist audience so 5K a week is clearly nonsense -- althought there is no indication that the estimate came from the club. The fact that someone heard someone else give the numbers on the radio doesn't hold much weight as a source in my book

If we could add 1K a week that would bring in good money. That's an extra half million in ticket sales a year -- plus all the add ons (food, programs, souvenirs, etc).

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

London Call In Show on 17:14 - Nov 2 with 924 viewsstuabd

It's hard watching and listening to Qblockpete. He reminded me of 'ever so 'umble Uriah Heep.

I can't believe they can't anyone better than that sycophant.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024