Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject (n/t) 17:59 - Nov 4 with 8195 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 18:11 - Nov 4 with 3342 viewssandylaner1

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 18:21 - Nov 4 with 3318 viewsCrede

Quality
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 18:26 - Nov 4 with 3307 viewsTTNYear

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 18:21 - Nov 4 by Crede

Quality

Who exactly??

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 18:42 - Nov 4 with 3275 viewszxcvbnm

Oh well at least my computer isn't going to be screwed up anymore with over large photos

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 19:30 - Nov 4 with 3206 viewsRoChDaLe

MY LIFE CANNOT BE COMPLETE WITH OUT THESE MATCH REVIEWS :(

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 19:35 - Nov 4 with 3185 viewsDale23years

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 19:30 - Nov 4 by RoChDaLe

MY LIFE CANNOT BE COMPLETE WITH OUT THESE MATCH REVIEWS :(

Tazzy you really are one attention seeking tw at

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 19:38 - Nov 4 with 3170 viewsmightydale

How come when i asked you last night were your camera was you said you not took it so is this the real reason why its cancelled ???????

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 19:59 - Nov 4 with 3119 viewsD_Dale

If I caused you pain, I know I'm to blame
Must have been insane, believe me
From the bottom of my heart, dear
I apologize
I realize I've been unfair to you
Please let me make amends
Don't say that you forgot the love we knew
After all, we were more than friends
If I made you blue, I've had heartaches too
Now I beg of you, forgive me
I apologize
Give me back your glance, give me back romance
Give me one more chance, forgive me
I apologize
Login to get fewer ads

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 20:49 - Nov 4 with 3041 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Taz - Most ppl seem to be positive about your random pub/ground/chippy - then eventually dale game posts - I like them tbh.

Whats up - or did you just forget your camera!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 21:23 - Nov 4 with 2987 viewsdalenumber2

I look forward to them! Keep them coming, it's a nice change from all the whinging on here (and I include myself in that - sometimes)
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 21:43 - Nov 4 with 2947 viewsphomem

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 20:49 - Nov 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

Taz - Most ppl seem to be positive about your random pub/ground/chippy - then eventually dale game posts - I like them tbh.

Can give but can't take IMHO
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 21:57 - Nov 4 with 2923 viewsrafc1984

Thank fook for that I say
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 22:43 - Nov 4 with 2859 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 20:49 - Nov 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

I had a change of heart over last couple of hours the awayday review has been posted

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 23:02 - Nov 4 with 2824 viewsroccydaleian

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 22:43 - Nov 4 by DaleAwaydayBot

I had a change of heart over last couple of hours the awayday review has been posted

So who's apologised, to make you change your mind?
No subject (n/t) on 23:53 - Nov 4 with 2768 viewsChaffRAFC

What did I miss?? I've no idea what is going on, someone wanna explain?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

No subject (n/t) on 00:03 - Nov 5 with 2759 viewsroccydaleian

No subject (n/t) on 23:53 - Nov 4 by ChaffRAFC

What did I miss?? I've no idea what is going on, someone wanna explain?

The Tazbot has edited this thread, but it started with him saying he wasn't gonna post his match day review, until some piss takers apologised, or summat like that.
No subject (n/t) on 00:17 - Nov 5 with 2748 viewsChaffRAFC

No subject (n/t) on 00:03 - Nov 5 by roccydaleian

The Tazbot has edited this thread, but it started with him saying he wasn't gonna post his match day review, until some piss takers apologised, or summat like that.

Cheers for the update. However will we live without them?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 00:19 - Nov 5 with 2746 viewsAtThePeake

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 22:43 - Nov 4 by DaleAwaydayBot

Taz. This has been brewing for a few weeks now but I feel I actually have to say it.

You know you do these away day reviews because you want to be a Sports Journalist? Have you taken any other steps towards it? Because this is the career that I want to go in and I think you're gonna have to put a lot more effort in if you want to get there, so I'm gonna give you some pointers.

First of all, have you thought of enrolling on a course? For example, I'm studying a degree in Sports Journalism currently. Admittedly it's setting me back quite a bit of money but it's just a student loan and I don't have to pay it back until I am earning a certain amount, so this really shouldn't deter you. I am not sure what qualifications you already have but I know some Universities have fairly low grade boundaries and if not you could always go back to college and get the necessary UCAS points to apply for a course as local as Leeds or Preston.

If you feel this isn't a viable option you will, at the very least, need to look into applying to do some of the NCTJ exams are these are pretty much required if you want a full time job in the world of sports media.

Secondly, these reviews are very biased towards Dale. I don't know if you've noticed but even Leighanne, who works for the club, tries to give an unbiased description of the game. These type of reviews are incredibly rare at a professional level as they are available for free at Ground and Away Trip review websites that are run freely by supporters. I'd also probably run them through a grammar and spelling auto-correction system first.

And have you thought about this? Setting up a blog to showcase your work? I'd definitely do this if you are thinking of Sports Journalism as a professional line of work and it means you can start to develop a portfolio.

I'm saying this mainly as a retort to your comment last week about 'settling' to be a press officer at a football club.

So far, in order to give myself the slightest chance of becoming a football journalist, I have enrolled on a degree level relative course, I have signed up to do the relevant and almost necessary NCTJ exams, I have shadowed a couple of different press officers, I have worked voluntarily for a few football news websites, I have personally emailed several websites that showcase football blogs with my work that has since been published, I have voluntarily sent in pieces about local football to my University website and to my local paper and I contribute to The Voice Of Spotland. I have appeared regularly, and again voluntarily on my university's radio sports show, and I have been offered and I have taken a voluntary position for the FIFA job that was advertised on this website a few months ago.

I was lucky enough to be offered a paid, part-time position with a football website last Christmas which I have pursued and managed to do quite well with for the past 11 months despite having Uni commitments and my other voluntary commitments.

And if I was so lucky as to receive a position as a press officer on a full time basis at any Football League club, I would be incredibly grateful and would feel incredibly lucky, as I know there are several other people trying to go into this line of work.

I'm only trying to help Taz. If you set your sights at 'settling' for this level as a local press officer, you need to start putting a lot more work in if you want to put yourself in a good position to get a job like this.

Only trying to help.

Tangled up in blue.

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 00:31 - Nov 5 with 2725 viewsTVOS1907

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 00:19 - Nov 5 by AtThePeake

Taz. This has been brewing for a few weeks now but I feel I actually have to say it.

You know you do these away day reviews because you want to be a Sports Journalist? Have you taken any other steps towards it? Because this is the career that I want to go in and I think you're gonna have to put a lot more effort in if you want to get there, so I'm gonna give you some pointers.

First of all, have you thought of enrolling on a course? For example, I'm studying a degree in Sports Journalism currently. Admittedly it's setting me back quite a bit of money but it's just a student loan and I don't have to pay it back until I am earning a certain amount, so this really shouldn't deter you. I am not sure what qualifications you already have but I know some Universities have fairly low grade boundaries and if not you could always go back to college and get the necessary UCAS points to apply for a course as local as Leeds or Preston.

If you feel this isn't a viable option you will, at the very least, need to look into applying to do some of the NCTJ exams are these are pretty much required if you want a full time job in the world of sports media.

Secondly, these reviews are very biased towards Dale. I don't know if you've noticed but even Leighanne, who works for the club, tries to give an unbiased description of the game. These type of reviews are incredibly rare at a professional level as they are available for free at Ground and Away Trip review websites that are run freely by supporters. I'd also probably run them through a grammar and spelling auto-correction system first.

And have you thought about this? Setting up a blog to showcase your work? I'd definitely do this if you are thinking of Sports Journalism as a professional line of work and it means you can start to develop a portfolio.

I'm saying this mainly as a retort to your comment last week about 'settling' to be a press officer at a football club.

So far, in order to give myself the slightest chance of becoming a football journalist, I have enrolled on a degree level relative course, I have signed up to do the relevant and almost necessary NCTJ exams, I have shadowed a couple of different press officers, I have worked voluntarily for a few football news websites, I have personally emailed several websites that showcase football blogs with my work that has since been published, I have voluntarily sent in pieces about local football to my University website and to my local paper and I contribute to The Voice Of Spotland. I have appeared regularly, and again voluntarily on my university's radio sports show, and I have been offered and I have taken a voluntary position for the FIFA job that was advertised on this website a few months ago.

I was lucky enough to be offered a paid, part-time position with a football website last Christmas which I have pursued and managed to do quite well with for the past 11 months despite having Uni commitments and my other voluntary commitments.

And if I was so lucky as to receive a position as a press officer on a full time basis at any Football League club, I would be incredibly grateful and would feel incredibly lucky, as I know there are several other people trying to go into this line of work.

I'm only trying to help Taz. If you set your sights at 'settling' for this level as a local press officer, you need to start putting a lot more work in if you want to put yourself in a good position to get a job like this.

Only trying to help.

You've missed something out.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 00:37 - Nov 5 with 2717 viewsAtThePeake

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 00:31 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

You've missed something out.

Just put it in! I knew there was something, how could I miss out the finest publication of all!

Tangled up in blue.

No subject (n/t) on 06:55 - Nov 5 with 2655 viewsphomem

All this involves work and commitment though...
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 10:09 - Nov 5 with 2573 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 00:19 - Nov 5 by AtThePeake

Only trying to help.

There is more than one way to get your foot in the door thats a fact and why should i get in thousands of pounds worth of debt for a piece of paper from from a Uni when the Government have tripled fee's i'm not stupid and i bet my way works and i bet i get my foot on that ladder you've gotta start from the bottom Uni Qualifed or Not that's a FACT!!

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 10:24 - Nov 5 with 2542 viewsTTNYear

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 10:09 - Nov 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

There is more than one way to get your foot in the door thats a fact and why should i get in thousands of pounds worth of debt for a piece of paper from from a Uni when the Government have tripled fee's i'm not stupid and i bet my way works and i bet i get my foot on that ladder you've gotta start from the bottom Uni Qualifed or Not that's a FACT!!

You also have to have a modicum (a little bit) of talent. But don't worry Taz you have enough mollycoddlers on here to give you the confidence to try and get this job that I think (and I know it's harsh), you have no hope of getting. You keep listening to the opinions you want to listen to and churning out stuff that if you wanted to improve, you would have done long ago. I know I'm wasting my time, you won't listen, you never do. That's ok you have sycophants that will answer for you... Don't give up Tazzy ... I really like your reviews... The hope will kill you Taz, because you listen to them, and not the harshness. But in the future when you're still taking pictures of pub chalk boards and still using 'were' instead of 'was'... And you're no where near a journalists job. I'm hoping you'll think 'that cambridge tw@t was right, and all the people patting me on the head were wrong'.You have to be cruel to be kind, but the reverse is also true being kind is sometimes cruel, especially when it's false hope.

If you truly want to be a journalist then invest in a decent English course ... Fook me it would be a start

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 10:28 - Nov 5 with 2532 viewsCockneyDale

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 10:09 - Nov 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

I think you're forgetting to thank AtThePeake for taking the time to offer some well-intentioned help.

For someone so keen on manners in others you show a startling lack of them yourself.
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) Cancelled on 10:46 - Nov 5 with 2510 viewsBrierls

Perhaps you should stop dreaming and start doing? You're a fantasist, Tazzy! When has 'your way' ever worked other than creaming undeserved money in benefits? Step out of the 'woe is me' bubble and ask yourself if you're being realistic in your ambitions, or even believe half of what you type yourself. Ask yourself for evidence that you're doing what you say you are.

AtThePeake has taken the time to offer constructive advice, having worked hard to even have a chance at the same career, and you've thrown it back in his face. Even I was surprised by your level of stupidity on this one, and that's saying something! You're as ungrateful as you are unqualified to perform in any form of employment that requires half a brain.

TTNYear has it spot on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024