Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! 19:02 - Jan 5 with 4464 views25CK

Ive only been following Dale for four years but have to say todays show was a disgrace and an embarassment.

I have travelled the length and breadth of the Country this season to all away matches as well as attending all home matches.

Im currently paying cash at entrance at every match and was going to go season ticket next season....

Not now.

I am stopping going to away matches, why should I spend my hard earned and a full day away for the mostly poor displays and wether I continue to come to every home game needs to be seen, I havent the ambition to follow anymore.....

It's all a bit of a joke.

Sat behind Colemans dug out I witnessed him snapping on us all behind him saying " I didnt pass that ball did I " and then continuing to swear and rant accordingly, plenty of children were present and for me represented a man who had simply lost the plot, very difficult to come back from that.

Coleman you owe us all an unreserved appology for that unprofessional outburst and foul language !

Just my two penneth !
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:06 - Jan 5 with 3591 views442Dale

He had a point when saying "I didn't pass it, did I?".

The swearing was not really acceptable because it wasn't even necessary in the context of what had happened - someone heading the ball out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 3536 viewsboromat

I would prefer Rochdale had a manager that was better than that and didn't rise to the comments he was getting. Its part of the job, if he doesn't like it he should find a different profession.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:11 - Jan 5 with 3527 views442Dale

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:10 - Jan 5 by boromat

I would prefer Rochdale had a manager that was better than that and didn't rise to the comments he was getting. Its part of the job, if he doesn't like it he should find a different profession.

Keith Hill would do the same.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:12 - Jan 5 with 3526 views25CK

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:06 - Jan 5 by 442Dale

He had a point when saying "I didn't pass it, did I?".

The swearing was not really acceptable because it wasn't even necessary in the context of what had happened - someone heading the ball out.

A point yes but with respect its similar to being a Sales Manager responsible for 11 salesman and needing to sell and achieve a given target yet week after week the target is rarely met, the sales manager starts off blaming his sales people each week in the sales meeting which is attended by the sales director....at first the sales director goes with his sales manager till eventually after week after week of poor figures and blaming each and every sales person, the sales director finally decides that there is only one common denominator.....

The Sales Manager......

And if you can't change the person....change the person !

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 3501 viewsNinco

He may not have passed it but who signs the players? Who picks them? Who trains them? Who motivates them? Who gives them their instructions?

Sorry Coleman, but if you choose to go in to management, the buck stops with you.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 3501 viewsAtThePeake

I bit when he said he didn't pass the ball.

I shouted "No, but you bought all the players who can't pass the ball."

He gave me that telling look where he wanted to say something, but sort of knew I was right...

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:31 - Jan 5 with 3392 viewsYouTubeDale

Coleman cannot win a slanging match with the fans. And swearing is totally out of order. I sit in the Main stand not far from Coleman and didn't hear him swear - that is not to say I don't believe the accusations. As I said after the last spat, he needs to "calm down". Responding to your own fans by shouting into the crowd, however correct he may be, will always get the fans' backs up and he shoots himself in the foot.

Just shut the f ck up and make bloody sure you get your substitutions spot on next time...and that is coming from a Coleman supporter!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:31 - Jan 5 with 3379 views25CK

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:13 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

He gave me that telling look where he wanted to say something, but sort of knew I was right...

I was in seat 29G and both heard and agreed with you !
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:41 - Jan 5 with 3327 views49thseason

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:13 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

I have extensive experience working with Liverpudlians and it would be an understatement to say they are not very good at taking criticism (but they love handing out their "hilarious" snide comments). You can see it in the team when referees don't give free kicks for perceived fouls, its all winge winge , the idea of getting up and getting on with the game is foreign to them - it HAS to be someone else's fault!
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:44 - Jan 5 with 3299 viewsstuartcryer

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:31 - Jan 5 by 25CK

I was in seat 29G and both heard and agreed with you !

like i have said before neandathol man

wardle blue

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:01 - Jan 5 with 3243 viewsNotEyreClue

I'm disappointed that a man of Coleman's intelligence felt it necessary to respond to comments from the crowd, regardless of the manner he did it in.

It really is an unwritten rule that as a manager you keep your mouth shut, no matter how hard it is to bite your lip.

The fact that he did this in a foul, profane and unprofessional manner only adds further weight to the claim that he's out of his depth.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:04 - Jan 5 with 3214 viewsBobbyjoe

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 19:11 - Jan 5 by 442Dale

He earned the right to say what he wanted. Coleman desperately needs him to land another job, quick!
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:05 - Jan 5 with 3200 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:01 - Jan 5 by NotEyreClue

I'm disappointed that a man of Coleman's intelligence felt it necessary to respond to comments from the crowd, regardless of the manner he did it in.

It really is an unwritten rule that as a manager you keep your mouth shut, no matter how hard it is to bite your lip.

The fact that he did this in a foul, profane and unprofessional manner only adds further weight to the claim that he's out of his depth.

Again, as others have pointed out, Hill used to do the same.

Don't think it makes him a bad manager... Think it's the ridiculously poor football that makes him a bad manager!

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:14 - Jan 5 with 3160 viewsNotEyreClue

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:05 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

Again, as others have pointed out, Hill used to do the same.

Don't think it makes him a bad manager... Think it's the ridiculously poor football that makes him a bad manager!

I wouldn't really know because I'm a sandy laner myself. Was Hill abusive in his dealings with the fans? (wouldn't surprise me)

It's all well and good being arrogant if you're winning, it gets taken a lot worse when you're losing to bottom of the league!

Oh I know it doesn't make him a bad manager, it just stinks of unprofessionalism and in my eyes the two things aren't too distant.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 3129 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:14 - Jan 5 by NotEyreClue

I wouldn't really know because I'm a sandy laner myself. Was Hill abusive in his dealings with the fans? (wouldn't surprise me)

It's all well and good being arrogant if you're winning, it gets taken a lot worse when you're losing to bottom of the league!

Oh I know it doesn't make him a bad manager, it just stinks of unprofessionalism and in my eyes the two things aren't too distant.

He would often turn around and shout a reply to a supporter in the stand who was airing his views rather than keeping his focus on the game.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:28 - Jan 5 with 3095 viewsNotEyreClue

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:22 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

He would often turn around and shout a reply to a supporter in the stand who was airing his views rather than keeping his focus on the game.

Can't say I'm surprised. Must say, I'm considering a home game in the Main Stand just to see what goes on (and what doesn't) in the dugout.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:54 - Jan 5 with 3021 viewsBingoballs

Hilly was far worse than Coleman when he was criticised
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:55 - Jan 5 with 3018 viewsBingoballs

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 21:00 - Jan 5 with 2993 views442Dale

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:55 - Jan 5 by Bingoballs

Indeed, and over far less than Coleman gets from fans.

He didn't swear at anyone when Bennett headed it out, more frustration.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 21:06 - Jan 5 with 2965 views442Dale

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:28 - Jan 5 by NotEyreClue

Can't say I'm surprised. Must say, I'm considering a home game in the Main Stand just to see what goes on (and what doesn't) in the dugout.

Some supporters are way over the top, whoever the manager has been. Both Hill and Coleman have been subject of constant "advice" from certain areas. In the main it's ignored but it's also easy to see why a manager would want to reply.

Can remember a pre-season game once where Hill was being told to get his players to "stop messing around at the back", Hill said something back, and within half a minute we had scored down the other end.

Everyone thinks they're an expert.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 21:09 - Jan 5 with 2950 viewsNotEyreClue

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 21:06 - Jan 5 by 442Dale

Some supporters are way over the top, whoever the manager has been. Both Hill and Coleman have been subject of constant "advice" from certain areas. In the main it's ignored but it's also easy to see why a manager would want to reply.

Can remember a pre-season game once where Hill was being told to get his players to "stop messing around at the back", Hill said something back, and within half a minute we had scored down the other end.

Everyone thinks they're an expert.

It's a pity Coleman can't hear some of the things shouted from the Sandy...it might provoke a smile!

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 22:07 - Jan 5 with 2864 viewsBraemar60

Coleman is correct to say that he "didn't pass that ball" but as another poster said, it's his signings and the buck stops with him. I also sit behind the dugout and expressed the same opinion about who signed the players and who the buck stops with. At full-time I turned to the Directors Box behind us to express my opinion.
The only time Coleman seems to show any passion is when he jumps to to contest a decision of the referee and verbally abuse the 4th official. I've yet to see a decision changed based on one of his rants. Rarely is Coleman on his feet in the first half barking instructions etc......to the team, Bell is up a little bit more. Today Bell sat down after around five minutes of the second half, eventually Coleman got up but it was too little too late. Whenever I look at the away dugout, the Manager and his Assistant are always on their feet, barking instructions, trying to change things etc............rarely happens on our bench.
What we saw today was 11 players that did not compete physically, could not pass the ball to someone on the same team and couldn't control the ball if/when it did get to them.
Wimbledon were a physical team as were Rotherham. Unfortunately, Rochdale did not have the stomach for a physical encounter in either game. All this "bullied" stuff is a load of bollo. It's a physical game, it's Division 4, you've got to get stuck in. Whatever the starting XI wanted today, it wasn't to compete and win for Rochdale.
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 22:11 - Jan 5 with 2846 viewsNinco

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:54 - Jan 5 by Bingoballs

Yeah, I remember when Hill went at stood at the top of the main stand for a few months, leaving Flicker to do all the work on the pitchside. He said it was to get a better view, but we all know the real reason was the negativity from fans.

At least so far, Coleman has not done that.

I wish he would as he would be of more use sat in the stand than he is at pitchside.
Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 22:16 - Jan 5 with 2829 views442Dale

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 22:11 - Jan 5 by Ninco

Yeah, I remember when Hill went at stood at the top of the main stand for a few months, leaving Flicker to do all the work on the pitchside. He said it was to get a better view, but we all know the real reason was the negativity from fans.

At least so far, Coleman has not done that.

I wish he would as he would be of more use sat in the stand than he is at pitchside.

Why was that the reason? It was a better view and it also saw an upturn in results - second hald of first season in L1.

We also did very well when Tony Ellis was positioned in Willbutts when Hill first took over. Can see much more of the game from higher up.

Unfortunately Willbutts wasn't open for Dale fans or Tony Ellis today, and therefore that's why we lost.

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 22:27 - Jan 5 with 2800 viewsboromat

Coleman Snapped At The Fans, He's Lost It ! on 20:54 - Jan 5 by Bingoballs

The difference - Hill didn't deserve any criticism with the results he produced!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024