Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still no defenders... 09:21 - Jan 19 with 6475 viewsrochdale1987

Is it right to be worried that we are well over half way through the month and still there has been no developments in strengthening the area that Coleman and bell said they know they need to?

Maybe they aren't going to bring anyone in after all, because the few free agents that were knocking about are getting signed by clubs in a similar situation. I really am worried at the moment, I don't care who we sign now, I just want to see some fresh faces at the back.
Still no defenders... on 13:58 - Jan 20 with 1758 viewsfinberty

No I don't think it's right to be worried.

There is no problem at all - don't you read the content of the interviews with JC and the rest of the Sunshine Band?

I understand that comparisons have been made between the way Dale play and the way Barcelona play.

The lack of wing play / wide play / pace is just a problem for us who don't understand football. It's not a problem in real terms.

The lack of defensive nous is just a problem for us who think we may be watching fullbacks of insufficient pace and centre backs of insufficient commanding presence and know-how. It isn't actually a problem.

But if is is, then Kevin Long of course is proven to be the panacea of all possible defensive risk. Leave aside his existence at the heart of the defence in the team that finished as the L1 wooden-spooners last season, the continuing mention is akin to the Second Coming.

Personally, I take no comfort from those who think we're too good to go down. I don't look so much at the points gap between Dale and play-offs as between Dale and the bottom two. As the gap below us starts to close, because others in that position do recognise the need to change, I take no comfort from the application of the same old same old. I see parallels with how Stock Counteh ended up.

The inability to identify the problems, let alone actually address them, is what may do for us. But clearly problems have been identified and are being addressed.......aren't they......aren't they?????
Still no defenders... on 14:25 - Jan 20 with 1730 viewsolympicdale

Still no defenders... on 10:42 - Jan 20 by electricblue

Didnt dale poach him from owdham along with higgy....

correct, Buckley came into our youth team from Oldham, but t'was us that made him who he is now.

Life is a game of fate.

Still no defenders... on 16:48 - Jan 20 with 1660 viewsChaffRAFC

Still no defenders... on 14:25 - Jan 20 by olympicdale

correct, Buckley came into our youth team from Oldham, but t'was us that made him who he is now.

Am led to believe he didn't start out at Oldham at all. He lived in Oldham, next door but one to a mate of mine but he wasn't in Oldham's YTS, he signed for Rochdale while he was at Hopwood Hall and played for Curzon Ashton as a child.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Still no defenders... on 17:37 - Jan 20 with 1616 viewsG_Dale

I expect a striker to go before we get a defender in

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Still no defenders... on 17:49 - Jan 20 with 1606 viewselectricblue

Well somebody did saybthat donnelly could be on his way....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Still no defenders... on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 1580 viewsNerazzurri

Still no defenders... on 14:25 - Jan 20 by olympicdale

Incorrect. We didn't sign him from Oldham, we didn't sign him from anyone because he came through our youth system. He might have had trials with Oldham but they never had him on their books.

Forza Nerazzurri

Still no defenders... on 18:33 - Jan 20 with 1558 viewsmightydale

Still no defenders... on 18:15 - Jan 20 by Nerazzurri

Incorrect. We didn't sign him from Oldham, we didn't sign him from anyone because he came through our youth system. He might have had trials with Oldham but they never had him on their books.

they will be no defenders has he only got 3 matches to save his career at rochdale. the club will not let coleman spend any more money they want him to go down the sport science root. and of course he doesnt.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Still no defenders... on 18:53 - Jan 20 with 1534 viewsrochdale1987

Still no defenders... on 18:33 - Jan 20 by mightydale

they will be no defenders has he only got 3 matches to save his career at rochdale. the club will not let coleman spend any more money they want him to go down the sport science root. and of course he doesnt.

Still cannot believe people are going on about the sport science thing when all this was cleared up ...
Login to get fewer ads

Still no defenders... on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 1503 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Still no defenders... on 18:33 - Jan 20 by mightydale

With our current players and recruitment policy, sports science would be akin to putting a tiara on a shire horse!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Still no defenders... on 19:16 - Jan 20 with 1494 viewsYouTubeDale

Still no defenders... on 17:49 - Jan 20 by electricblue

Well somebody did saybthat donnelly could be on his way....

I know the answer to our problem is to sort the defence out as the priority but taking Donnelly out of the team may be to put Francis Jeffers in. Or is he a red herring?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Still no defenders... on 19:23 - Jan 20 with 1487 viewsmightydale

Still no defenders... on 18:53 - Jan 20 by rochdale1987

Still cannot believe people are going on about the sport science thing when all this was cleared up ...

WHat by watching do it himself while he's got no experience in sport science. ill ask you a question what would you rather have Donnelly or sporty science.....

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Still no defenders... on 22:20 - Jan 20 with 1427 viewsShun

Still no defenders... on 10:42 - Jan 20 by electricblue

Didnt dale poach him from owdham along with higgy....

As others have said, he was at Hopwood Hall but he wasn't in any club's youth system. So it's fair to say he came through Dale's youth system.
Still no defenders... on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 1271 viewsfitzochris

So many decent centre halfs getting snapped up. Bradford have got themselves a good un with Michael Nelson from Killie. A £30,000 transfer fee but not sure what wage he'll be on.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Still no defenders... on 16:40 - Jan 21 with 1181 viewsnordenblue

Still no defenders... on 13:35 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

So many decent centre halfs getting snapped up. Bradford have got themselves a good un with Michael Nelson from Killie. A £30,000 transfer fee but not sure what wage he'll be on.

Was only talking about him the other day and a bargain at that price,think i read he's 32 but that's just what we've needed for 2 years,couldn't see dale parting with money for a talented experienced defender that's a ridiculous idea,id rather we bought another striker for a fee to play for 5 months to add to our current army of forwards instead
Still no defenders... on 17:00 - Jan 21 with 1147 views49thseason

What's the betting we don't bring a defender in? We will probably lose one or more of our better players at 5 mins to deadline and be too late to bring anyone in. It's the Rochdale way.
Still no defenders... on 17:08 - Jan 21 with 1070 viewselectricblue

Is JC playing the we will score one more than you game....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Still no defenders... on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 1038 viewspl56

Still no defenders... on 13:58 - Jan 20 by finberty

No I don't think it's right to be worried.

There is no problem at all - don't you read the content of the interviews with JC and the rest of the Sunshine Band?

I understand that comparisons have been made between the way Dale play and the way Barcelona play.

The lack of wing play / wide play / pace is just a problem for us who don't understand football. It's not a problem in real terms.

The lack of defensive nous is just a problem for us who think we may be watching fullbacks of insufficient pace and centre backs of insufficient commanding presence and know-how. It isn't actually a problem.

But if is is, then Kevin Long of course is proven to be the panacea of all possible defensive risk. Leave aside his existence at the heart of the defence in the team that finished as the L1 wooden-spooners last season, the continuing mention is akin to the Second Coming.

Personally, I take no comfort from those who think we're too good to go down. I don't look so much at the points gap between Dale and play-offs as between Dale and the bottom two. As the gap below us starts to close, because others in that position do recognise the need to change, I take no comfort from the application of the same old same old. I see parallels with how Stock Counteh ended up.

The inability to identify the problems, let alone actually address them, is what may do for us. But clearly problems have been identified and are being addressed.......aren't they......aren't they?????

I think your penultimate paragraph sums it up for me . We're in freefall (there's often one team each year that suffers the fate and ends up the "unexpected" relegation candidate) , just as teams at the bottom are speculating , bringing in loan players , and picking up points and momentum as a result .

The contrast at our club is startling .....total inertia , no "buzz" of new signings , nothing in the way of news or other relevant communication ; it just seems as everybody has given up and gone home !

I really think we're in a comparable situation now to when Parkin left ; the same lack of ideas , imagination , or initiative , but far less time time to put it right either with JC or without .

I really fear for the future .
Still no defenders... on 19:07 - Jan 21 with 1009 viewsYouTubeDale

Still no defenders... on 17:27 - Jan 21 by pl56

I think your penultimate paragraph sums it up for me . We're in freefall (there's often one team each year that suffers the fate and ends up the "unexpected" relegation candidate) , just as teams at the bottom are speculating , bringing in loan players , and picking up points and momentum as a result .

The contrast at our club is startling .....total inertia , no "buzz" of new signings , nothing in the way of news or other relevant communication ; it just seems as everybody has given up and gone home !

I really think we're in a comparable situation now to when Parkin left ; the same lack of ideas , imagination , or initiative , but far less time time to put it right either with JC or without .

I really fear for the future .

Now that there is a change of manager - which defenders/others ?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Still no defenders... on 19:09 - Jan 21 with 996 viewsboromat

Hill might put his boots back on for 45me minutes ;-) haha.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Still no defenders... on 19:55 - Jan 21 with 965 viewsfitzochris

Still no defenders... on 16:40 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

Was only talking about him the other day and a bargain at that price,think i read he's 32 but that's just what we've needed for 2 years,couldn't see dale parting with money for a talented experienced defender that's a ridiculous idea,id rather we bought another striker for a fee to play for 5 months to add to our current army of forwards instead

Saw him play in a league cup semi-final and final last season. He impressed in both games. Certainly capable at a standard above League 2.

Couldn't believe Bradford got him for peanuts. I know he's 32, but still...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Still no defenders... on 20:10 - Jan 21 with 946 viewsboromat

If Hill is named manager, it's a shame that it's a few weeks late, as we may have had a chance at getting Josh Thompson.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024