Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt 18:27 - Jan 30 with 1173 viewsSonofNorfolt

If Adel gets injured, then we don't have a single creative player in the squad now that Faurlin is not there. This should worry you and I.
Taarabt on 18:31 - Jan 30 with 1137 viewsNeil_SI

You could actually say that about quite a few areas in the side, that if we had one or two injuries to key players, we'd be desperately short. The huge plus with Adel is that he has rarely suffered any kind of injury problems and let's hope it stays that way. He takes his kicks and knocks, and at times has players seemingly hanging off his back as he dribbles around them, but he's just so strong and it's often overlooked because of all his skill.

He even has pace too, though he doesn't tend to use it much. That run he did in the first half last night, from our own half and resulting in Joe Hart's save had just about everything on show; pace and power to drive and burst away and lovely balance and skill to open up the strike. Terrific play.

The only worry we will start to have is whatever happens this season, are we able to hang onto him? He's growing into a fine Premiership player.

Taarabt on 18:33 - Jan 30 with 1129 viewsWatfordR

Including Samba, Crouch and Rolando, I think that probably gives us a 23 man squad (assuming Bothroyd would not be included). Might be one or two more to come?
Taarabt on 18:37 - Jan 30 with 1100 viewsjamois

I still think Hoillett has a key role to play this season.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Taarabt on 18:38 - Jan 30 with 1089 viewsdanehoop

Taarabt on 18:33 - Jan 30 by WatfordR

Including Samba, Crouch and Rolando, I think that probably gives us a 23 man squad (assuming Bothroyd would not be included). Might be one or two more to come?

would have been better under Sparky though of course./

Never knowingly understood

Taarabt on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 1080 viewspomanjou

Absolutely valid point norfolt. He's strong as an ox and mad keen to play but if someone got serious they could cost us. Unlikely to get anything like that quality as an alternative but I guess Harry would have a 'defensive patch' ready to apply if the need should arise.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Taarabt on 18:46 - Jan 30 with 1048 viewsMerthyrHoop

Taarabt on 18:33 - Jan 30 by WatfordR

You would think there would have to be. This looks like the current 23:

Cesar, Green, Murphy
Fabio, Traore, Suk-Young, Young
Hill, Onuoha, Ben Haim
Derry, MBia, Diakite
Park, Mackie, Taarabt, Granero, SWP, Hoilett
Remy, Zamora, Bothroyd, Campbell

Young and Campbell have been nowhere near the first XI for a long time, so with Ferdinand and Faurlin out the door you would suspect there will be at least four or five more in.

Samba, a Livermore type, Crouch, Odemwingie, and maybe Townsend if that rumour has legs to replace Bothroyd
Taarabt on 19:09 - Jan 30 with 953 viewsWatfordR

Taarabt on 18:46 - Jan 30 by MerthyrHoop

You would think there would have to be. This looks like the current 23:

Cesar, Green, Murphy
Fabio, Traore, Suk-Young, Young
Hill, Onuoha, Ben Haim
Derry, MBia, Diakite
Park, Mackie, Taarabt, Granero, SWP, Hoilett
Remy, Zamora, Bothroyd, Campbell

Young and Campbell have been nowhere near the first XI for a long time, so with Ferdinand and Faurlin out the door you would suspect there will be at least four or five more in.

Samba, a Livermore type, Crouch, Odemwingie, and maybe Townsend if that rumour has legs to replace Bothroyd

Yeah, think you can take Campbell, Bothroyd and maybe Young out of that squad. Add Samba, Rolando and Crouch and it looks like we are short of a RB and defensive CM.
Taarabt on 20:49 - Jan 30 with 827 viewsOakR

Granero has the ability to create chances, I think he will thread a few balls through for Remy. Given time, I think he could be a great player for us.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt on 03:07 - Jan 31 with 696 viewsDylanP

I would consider Diakite, Granero and Hoillet as creative players.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Taarabt on 06:34 - Jan 31 with 650 viewssingapore_dave

I completely agree that we are heavily reliant on Adel for creativity and this is a huge potential problem but this has been the case all season. For me,losing Ale changes nothing in this regard. When was the last time he created a chance ? Spurs away for BZ is the last one I can recall.Granero has been disappointing but I think he is more likely to create chances than Ale.
Taarabt on 07:46 - Jan 31 with 626 viewsdaveB

Taarabt on 06:34 - Jan 31 by singapore_dave

I completely agree that we are heavily reliant on Adel for creativity and this is a huge potential problem but this has been the case all season. For me,losing Ale changes nothing in this regard. When was the last time he created a chance ? Spurs away for BZ is the last one I can recall.Granero has been disappointing but I think he is more likely to create chances than Ale.

Faurlin had a hand in the first goal last Saturday and created plenty of chances in that game, to say he hasn't created a chance since September is nonsence. Even Bosingwa has created chances since then
Taarabt on 09:33 - Jan 31 with 591 viewsLazyFan

Taarabt on 06:34 - Jan 31 by singapore_dave

He created one of the goals for Adel against Fulham which gave us our first win of the season.
A balled clipped around Fulhams midield into the path of Adel to run at them. True Adel had a lot of work to do, but at least Ale got him the ball and if you do that enough times with Adel and the oppos defence hold off then we shall get goals.

But I will agree that Granero has the ability to create chances. He needs to do more Hoddle types passes and less Wilkins side ways ones. And then we would have another playmaker.

zzzzzzzzzz

Taarabt on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 577 viewsPinnerPaul

We can't replace Adel, Man U can't replace Persie, Liverpool don't have anyone near Suarez etc etc etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024