Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Resigned to losing Adel 16:30 - Feb 10 with 5035 viewsLandofoz89

You know he'll be off as soon as we're relegated.

And who can blame him.......

Meet me by the railway track

Resigned to losing Adel on 19:49 - Feb 10 with 975 viewspeejaybee

Resigned to losing Adel on 19:36 - Feb 10 by HollowayRanger

dont think he'll stay in uk but if he did id guess he'd end up somewhere like newcastle or foolham

So it would be one of the Big Clubs then.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Resigned to losing Adel on 19:53 - Feb 10 with 968 viewsyankranger

It is going to crush me when he leaves. I've truly enjoyed watching him for the past few seasons. He is an exceptional talent, he has matured a lot over the past year. I do think he is good enough for one of the big clubs, he has no talent around him at all at our club.
Resigned to losing Adel on 20:09 - Feb 10 with 950 viewsAntti_Heinola

He'll go regardless, and he should. Would love to see him go to a decent Spanish side, or perhaps PSG. But I still think Ferguson could make him really special. Much as I hate Man Utd, I wouldn't mind him going there.

Bare bones.

Resigned to losing Adel on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 936 viewsDesertBoot

Every game I go to I'm thinking, "What will Adel do today?"
He's brilliant, he's frustrating then seconds later hes genius. Will be very sad to see him go but be deserves to be around much better players and vying for silverware.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Resigned to losing Adel on 20:20 - Feb 10 with 932 viewsactonman

bit of a tricky one really, I think he would shine in a big team with a world class midfield behind him but still a bit of a luxury for anyone else. If he could adapt his game to someone like Ronaldo as in learning how to header a ball / tackle and chase up and down the field he would be world class.

we happen to be in a strange position with him because we cant play without him because he's the only player who can make something happen but with him we have to make sacrifices in the team causing issues in other areas
Resigned to losing Adel on 22:20 - Feb 10 with 892 viewsJigsore

He'll go PSG, they wipe their collective arses with £20 notes (maybe they should put a bid in for Liam Ridgewell)

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Resigned to losing Adel on 23:02 - Feb 10 with 875 viewsMelakaRanger

Resigned to losing Adel on 19:23 - Feb 10 by George_Milton

Honestly can not think of a prem team that would want him. He is a great for us but then we are a very poor side. I think he will end up on at a mid table Spanish or French side for around 6/ 7 million.

Sadly I believe Adel is not really a 'top' Premiership quality player.

Every moment of brilliance is offset by 9 moments of selfishness/disappointment.

He would be a shining star at Championship level (again) though and that is the level at which his abilities would be most suited

He would not add any real value to most of the teams above us. Sure he might make Wigan or Villa a slightly better team but they wouldn't pay what QPR would want as a fee.

For that reason, next season, he will still be with us or if not a mid/top table side in France.
Resigned to losing Adel on 23:39 - Feb 10 with 861 viewsTearsOfaClown

Resigned to losing Adel on 19:18 - Feb 10 by THEBUSH

He should stay, he'll be the best player in the Championship, he'll love it, it'll be like our Championship winning team all over again !!

that was his best period.

He was pushed out wide in the Prem and encouraged to show his skills there, which he never twigged and obliged.

Not consistant enough for the top sides in the Prem. This season he has scuffed a lot of shots too.

He will go abroad.
Login to get fewer ads

Resigned to losing Adel on 23:50 - Feb 10 with 853 viewsBrazilNutR

I think that a season after he leaves us, if he goes to a good team, he will become one of the best players in the world. He is streets ahead of anything I've ever seen at QPR. And very few players who have the skills he has. I think Fergie, and playing in a team of good players, where he would have the frustration side of his game reduced hugely...which is usually when it starts going wrong for him, he gets frustrated and then can't focus. In a good team, this would happen much less.

I won;t blame him for leaving, but I think it will be a long long time before we see another player as exciting as Adel. Unless we start spending absolutely silly money, and then it still won't be as exciting as buying a rough diamond on the cheap that comes good like Adel has...
Resigned to losing Adel on 01:28 - Feb 11 with 834 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Resigned to losing Adel on 23:50 - Feb 10 by BrazilNutR

I think that a season after he leaves us, if he goes to a good team, he will become one of the best players in the world. He is streets ahead of anything I've ever seen at QPR. And very few players who have the skills he has. I think Fergie, and playing in a team of good players, where he would have the frustration side of his game reduced hugely...which is usually when it starts going wrong for him, he gets frustrated and then can't focus. In a good team, this would happen much less.

I won;t blame him for leaving, but I think it will be a long long time before we see another player as exciting as Adel. Unless we start spending absolutely silly money, and then it still won't be as exciting as buying a rough diamond on the cheap that comes good like Adel has...

I agree. Left 3 man c players for dead. Countless other moments this season and last while single handedly supplying all of our creativity. World class. We've been blessed to have him and be his starting point.

It's got to be Yarg

Resigned to losing Adel on 01:53 - Feb 11 with 828 viewskarlski

Absolute pleasure watching him. I

The main question for me in terms of his development is whether, in a big/better team with more options, he learns to make the right decision more often than not, ie when to dribble or shoot and when to pass it on quickly without excessive touches. Playing for us he doesn't always have options and has got used to being the only outlet for possession/creativity/holding up the ball, so spends a lot of time on the ball.

If he can adapt and learn when to release the ball quicker etc (and I see no reason why he can't; it's noticeable when he has someone on his wavelength to play alongside he's always looking for the pass/quick option, eg routledge for a bit last season) then I think he'll go on to be a world class player because he has exceptional natural talent, the eye for a pass, the technique to pull it off, and seems to be made of rubber when bouncing through challenges. If he can deploy all that at the right time and place in a team of other highly talented players, he'd be superb.

Question is, can he? And more importantly, are there teams/managers out there who think he can? If not then he'll probably bounce around mid table sides in Europe but he'd have to find one as willing to indulge him as we are or else he'll quickly be marginalised and get frustrated. It's possible that other clubs see him as too much of a maverick and therefore while I don't expect him to, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him stay even if we went down.

I do hope he moves on to bigger and better things (if we don't stay up of course!), I do go to games nowadays mainly excited at seeing what he'll conjure up and he's been a fantastic servant to the club even through a few hiccups here and there.

It makes me a little sick to write about not seeing him in the hoops, I must confess.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024