Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal music 21:25 - Feb 12 with 5851 viewshoopsa07

Not that we've heard it much this season but I'm constantly told that I should be embarrassed by the fact that QPR play goal music, other fans say that it kills the atmosphere or that it's only there to boost the "lack of noise". Doesn't bother me though I actually quite like it, I remember we sung it away at West ham and Wigan so I don't think I'm the only one but maybe that was more sarcastic?

Your thoughts...
Goal music on 19:18 - Feb 13 with 1010 viewsthemodfather

Goal music on 18:25 - Feb 13 by PlumsteadQPR

If memory serves me correctly we started singing it aroud the 94/95 season (presumably when the remix came out). I seem to recall singing it around the time that Magic Hat started so that places it in early 95. I don't think it became 'goal music' played by the club for a few seasons afterwards - late 90s?

The song (tune?) I'd like to see come back is the Steptoe and Son theme tune - was a bit on an anthem at away games in the late 90s I think but then died a death. Only time it seems to get a trot out is when I stick my Songs of QPR cd on (well it's not actually a cd it's been loaded into my iTunes but you know what I mean... in fact when I did so it came up as Genre: Religious Music. How true.).

what's a "goal"?
Goal music on 19:27 - Feb 13 with 1006 viewsNorthernr

look we can't drop it now, it took me ages to teach my parrot to whistle it.
Goal music on 21:10 - Feb 13 with 979 viewsCanadaRanger

Goal music on 19:27 - Feb 13 by Northernr

look we can't drop it now, it took me ages to teach my parrot to whistle it.

GP said the same thing...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Goal music on 21:47 - Feb 13 with 966 viewsJigsore

Naaah it's good. I like hearing it sung away as well, everyone knows it (unless you'd just become a fan this season)

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Goal music on 23:52 - Feb 13 with 945 viewsrsonist

Goal music on 18:25 - Feb 13 by PlumsteadQPR

If memory serves me correctly we started singing it aroud the 94/95 season (presumably when the remix came out). I seem to recall singing it around the time that Magic Hat started so that places it in early 95. I don't think it became 'goal music' played by the club for a few seasons afterwards - late 90s?

The song (tune?) I'd like to see come back is the Steptoe and Son theme tune - was a bit on an anthem at away games in the late 90s I think but then died a death. Only time it seems to get a trot out is when I stick my Songs of QPR cd on (well it's not actually a cd it's been loaded into my iTunes but you know what I mean... in fact when I did so it came up as Genre: Religious Music. How true.).

No finer time for Steptoe & Son revival what with 'Arry leading out Remy, Zamora, Jenas etc... Ian Taylor can be Harold.
Goal music on 06:09 - Feb 14 with 924 viewssoupandhoop

Goal music on 22:18 - Feb 12 by ted_hendrix

Goal music?

Guffaw

snigger
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024