Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who's going to Cheltenham then? 21:45 - Mar 7 with 7621 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm going on Tuesday
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 3998 viewsHunterhoop

I am!

Going Tues and Wed.

Tues treble of My Tent or Yours, Simonsig and Quevega should be good.

Can't make my mind up about the Champion Hurdle and yet to study the form and do my research for the rest of the day.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 3985 viewsGloucs_R

Tomorrow

Poll: Are we staying up?

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 05:06 - Mar 8 with 3942 viewsswisscottage

Not me. Went a couple of years ago to that madhouse and i'm not in a hurry to go back.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great day out and I will go again sometime, but for the time being I'll be watching it nice and cosy from home, where I have access to my computer systems with more time to analyse the races.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:53 - Mar 8 with 3915 viewswestberksr

Tuesday & Wednesday for me; would have been going anyway but also have managed to get corporate for both days. Gives you somewhere to hide from the madness occassionally, although Friday is the worst.

Friday will be in the pub for the duration with 20-30 other likeminded people.

Can't suss the Champion hurdle, wide open; the Irish still think Hurricane Fly will regain it but too short at the current prices.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 08:33 - Mar 8 with 3902 viewsElHoop

Friday for me. I used to go for the whole week, literally - Saturday to Saturday. If that were still the case then Villa away would have followed on nicely as a diversion on the way home.

Haven't sorted them out but will be ready for Tuesday. It looks difficult.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:32 - Mar 8 with 3891 viewsHunterhoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:53 - Mar 8 by westberksr

Tuesday & Wednesday for me; would have been going anyway but also have managed to get corporate for both days. Gives you somewhere to hide from the madness occassionally, although Friday is the worst.

Can't suss the Champion hurdle, wide open; the Irish still think Hurricane Fly will regain it but too short at the current prices.

I had another look at the Champion Hurdle and, you know what, I think the Irish are right. Gonna wait till the day and have another look. Need to see what the market does on Tues...but accepting last yr as Fly's one fluke, where it only had one prep race (3 this yr, all won) and it is a better horse with a better record than the rest. I won on RoR last yr and really like Zarkander (got a small antepost at 8/1) but just think Fly with have too much. Cinders and Ashes is the ew value in the race.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:33 - Mar 8 with 3889 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

Im going on Friday as I do every year, it's madness but you just have to get on with it and have always had a really good day out. The only horse im confident on is our Conor in the first on the Friday.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:35 - Mar 8 with 3882 viewsElHoop

The nearest thing to a certainty that isn't Sprinter Sacre is Pont Alexandre in the Neptune on Wednesday.
Login to get fewer ads

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:38 - Mar 8 with 3879 viewsrobith

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:35 - Mar 8 by ElHoop

The nearest thing to a certainty that isn't Sprinter Sacre is Pont Alexandre in the Neptune on Wednesday.

Don't know if it's still on but yesterday Coral were doing evens for Sprinter Sacre max £20 bet.

So basically a free £20
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:53 - Mar 8 with 3866 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ohhhh I forgot it was Cheltenham. Excited.

Someone should start a thread every morning like last year.

Dun Doire (sp) has a place in LFW history when it romped home at 8-1 with half the forum backing it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:27 - Mar 8 with 3852 viewsLambourn

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:53 - Mar 8 by westberksr

What corporate are you in mate? Ill be their with warren not great rex.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 15:27 - Mar 11 with 3794 viewsHunterhoop

bump...

Frost covers being employed. Ground forecast to be soft.

p.s. Betvictor are offering an AMAZING offer for the first race on Tues for new AND existing account holders, I think.

If you don't win any money in the Supreme Novices they will give you a free bet to the same value as your stake up to £50.

So, effectively they're giving you a free £50 win bet on the 6/4 fav. Win and you make £75. Lose and they'll give you another £50 bet for something. Just put that on a absolute banker...like Utd to win the league or something and you've turned the free bet into hard cash.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 15:55 - Mar 11 with 3779 viewsElHoop

The going will be shit tomorrow.

Beware.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 15:56 - Mar 11 with 3774 viewsMetallica_Hoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 15:55 - Mar 11 by ElHoop

The going will be shit tomorrow.

Beware.

Me is going to back outsiders in a cheeky L15

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 15:59 - Mar 11 with 3769 viewsKingy27

I'll be there Tues and Wed. Had a great Tues last year. Staying in Cheltenham too. Last year stayed in Swindon. Nothing going on there at all. Last year had £40 on a 14-1 winner. Happy days.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 16:13 - Mar 11 with 3758 viewsElHoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 15:56 - Mar 11 by Metallica_Hoop

Me is going to back outsiders in a cheeky L15

I think that's probably pretty sensible. It's not going to be goodish ground but it won't be proper soft either. Tacky, sticky, horrible stuff -- bit like our pitch!!
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 00:22 - Mar 12 with 3694 viewsHunterhoop

Right, my day 1 tips!

I really like My Tent or Yours. Think he'll blow the old "Don't back the fav in the Supreme Novices" superstition out of the water this year. If you don't want to back him, Champagne Fever has come in like a train in the last 24hrs.

Simonsig, but only narrowly...maybe a length or two from Overturn.

The JLT is a bugger. I'm tempted by Loch Ba and Fruit O'Rooney. And Monkerty Tunkerty looks decent ew value.

The more I look at the Champion, the more I'm convinced it'll be Hurricane Fly 1st, possibly with Grandouet 2nd.

In the Neptunes, I'm leaning towards Outlaw Pete.

Quevega, though Swing Bowler is an interesting ew shout at 8/1 or in an exacta.

In the Novices Handicap Chase, I like Shangani but think Rajdhani Express (if it decides it can jump this week) is good value at 22/1. Ohio Gold and Fourjacks also look value...but it's a bit of a lottery. Take your pick and hope.

One thing I do know...I will be cold.

And drunk.

p.s. a accumulator of My Tent or Yours, Simonsig, Hurricane Fly and Quevaga pays about 21/1. I really think they all have excellent chances and whilst these accas rarely come in...I'll be genuinely surprised if any of them loses.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 07:22 - Mar 12 with 3668 viewsDesertBoot

Let's hope it passes the 10.30 inspection. It will be very testing ground that's for sure.
Puffin Billy looks the value bet in the 1.30 and Outlaw Pete has C/D winning form in the 4.00.

Wish I could be like David Watts

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 09:21 - Mar 12 with 3642 viewsNorthernr

Merry King in the 2.40.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:14 - Mar 12 with 3613 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Outlaw Pete sounds good. (being a Pete gotta back it)

Not selecting any though till the inspection.

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:27 - Mar 12 with 3605 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 10:14 - Mar 12 by Metallica_Hoop

Outlaw Pete sounds good. (being a Pete gotta back it)

Not selecting any though till the inspection.

My son has a tenner at 33-1 it will be called off today! Can't see it myself as they will throw every man and his dog at it to get racing today.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:19 - Mar 12 with 3578 viewsMetallica_Hoop

1:30 Dodging Bullets (reminds me of the Megadeth Song)
2:05 Majala
2:40 Pete The Feat
4:00 Outlaw Pete

2:40 E/W Nadyia De La Vega

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:21 - Mar 12 with 3576 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:19 - Mar 12 by Metallica_Hoop

1:30 Dodging Bullets (reminds me of the Megadeth Song)
2:05 Majala
2:40 Pete The Feat
4:00 Outlaw Pete

2:40 E/W Nadyia De La Vega

Reading that made me realise that our annual day at the bookies is long overdue.
So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:25 - Mar 12 with 3568 viewsMetallica_Hoop

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:21 - Mar 12 by Orthodox_Hoop

Reading that made me realise that our annual day at the bookies is long overdue.

Good point, what about just before Desertfest to get some Beer money

So who's going to Cheltenham then? on 11:27 - Mar 12 with 3565 viewsTripper

1.30 Champagne Fever EW & Cheltenian EW (Small)
2.05 Arvika Ligeonniere EW
2.40 Nadiya De La Vega, Summery Justice & The Package
4.00 Shakervilz EW
4:40 She Ranks Me EW (Without The Favourite)
5.15 Vulcanite & Arthurs Pass EW
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024