Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... 13:45 - Apr 14 with 9893 viewsfLaMeBoY

http://twitter.com/tonyfernandes
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:08 - Apr 15 with 1612 viewstinhead

that is truly hideous.

I'm so glad that Briatore never saw that one... though saying that, there's not enough chest hair around the side of it for him.

Puny God!

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:17 - Apr 15 with 1577 viewsqprwpg

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 11:39 - Apr 15 by Antti_Heinola

The badge really is next to irrelevant. Don't mind the new one, the one before looked very dated to me. Camberley's one, however, is lovely. Always preferred that one, and has a lovely retro style now. Would be very happy if we went back to that.

Agreed, we've got bigger problems than the badge. It's a non-story for me.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:32 - Apr 15 with 1556 viewsMytch_QPR

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 10:19 - Apr 15 by adhoc_qpr

God he is desperate for decent PR with the fans isn't he?

What else can we get out of him???

Guinness as a shirt sponsor. And free Guinness, or Prozac.

As most others have stated, there are bigger issues, but I will be pleased to see the back of it as it will forever remind me of the orange one and his 'boutique'.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:59 - Apr 15 with 1519 viewsCliff

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:32 - Apr 15 by Mytch_QPR

Guinness as a shirt sponsor. And free Guinness, or Prozac.

As most others have stated, there are bigger issues, but I will be pleased to see the back of it as it will forever remind me of the orange one and his 'boutique'.

Would love to see the back of the new badge, would like to see less hoops than on the current shirt, but most of all I would like to see a reasonable drop in ST prices. Otherwise shirt and badge design won't bother me too much as I won't be able to be there that often to see them.
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 13:08 - Apr 15 with 1501 viewsQPunkR

It is a small change of something that matters to QPR to generate good PR among the fans.
I'll take that news any day over the original Flabbio decision to change the crest, which was a small change of something that matters to QPR to generate bad PR among the fans.

Decisions like this demonstrate at least a rudimentary understanding of where us fans stand. Can't wait to be rid of the disgusting Tango-commissioned monstrosity

QPR - "shit but local"

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 14:50 - Apr 15 with 1468 viewstoboboly

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 13:08 - Apr 15 by QPunkR

It is a small change of something that matters to QPR to generate good PR among the fans.
I'll take that news any day over the original Flabbio decision to change the crest, which was a small change of something that matters to QPR to generate bad PR among the fans.

Decisions like this demonstrate at least a rudimentary understanding of where us fans stand. Can't wait to be rid of the disgusting Tango-commissioned monstrosity

Some people may not care, but I havn't bought anything with the new crest on it and never will, I care a lot about the crest and hopefully it will start to signofy a new direction for the club and getting back to what many perceive to be better days.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 14:53 - Apr 15 with 1465 viewsisawqpratwcity

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 04:31 - Apr 15 by CanadaRanger

Logo? That looks like a plumbing factory accident!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

No, it looks like the schematic for a cetrifugal pump.

Our current badge looks like it is designed to be cast in plastic. The previous one was always about enamel, and stylish to boot.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:03 - Apr 15 with 1441 viewsthemodfather

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 14:53 - Apr 15 by isawqpratwcity

No, it looks like the schematic for a cetrifugal pump.

Our current badge looks like it is designed to be cast in plastic. The previous one was always about enamel, and stylish to boot.

TF is now looking to appease us after massive failure!
Login to get fewer ads

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:17 - Apr 15 with 1434 viewsCanadaRanger

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:03 - Apr 15 by themodfather

Works for me...

I always disliked the Briatore chest-hair badge.

Getting our club back one small step at a time.

Thank-you, Tony!

Next, the apostrophe? Or is that asking too much?
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:23 - Apr 15 with 1427 viewsisawqpratwcity

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:03 - Apr 15 by themodfather

It might help (the current badge wasn't his fault, either).

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:26 - Apr 15 with 1423 viewsthemodfather

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:23 - Apr 15 by isawqpratwcity

It might help (the current badge wasn't his fault, either).

well, a few weeks ago the club contacted the lsa for a meet, we have waited approx 18 months for one, why important now??
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:29 - Apr 15 with 1416 viewsisawqpratwcity

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 18:26 - Apr 15 by themodfather

well, a few weeks ago the club contacted the lsa for a meet, we have waited approx 18 months for one, why important now??

Presumably you are lsa: then fair comment.

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 20:38 - Apr 15 with 1395 viewsderbyhoop

IMO the badge is the least of our problems.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 21:17 - Apr 15 with 1386 viewsEsgaroth

I spoke to Uncle Tony outside the ground at the START of this season about getting rid of flavios horrific crest and he and Phil Beard both said that the "Crest" is going to be changed along with a whole rebranding exercise. Admittedly other plans have taken a back seat in the public eye because of the situation we are in but they are still happening irrespective of what division we are in. The Badge, The Training Facility, The New Stadium etc......its all happening so its ridiculous to expect the entire clubs focus to be on the playing staff.

Yes sorting the team out is obviously the top priority, but thats the remit of the manager and board of directors. People have to realise that there are many aspects of change happening at QPR.The marketing department however can't influence that can they! so they have to get on with the job they are paid for, and eradicating Fat Flabbio's influence is a major part of it so try not to think that everyone at the club including the tea lady has total focus on where our expensive players are going.

I for one will be glad to see the back of it and i think the "Majority " of our fan base would choose to return the the previous incarnation all be it an updated version.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 21:28 - Apr 15 with 1372 viewswestolian

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 20:38 - Apr 15 by derbyhoop

IMO the badge is the least of our problems.

^^THIS^^

Our football club needs sorting out from top to bottom

At that point, then worry about the badge and toilets in Ellerslie etc etc

Prioritise FFS - if we feck this up, we could be Wolves next season

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 23:24 - Apr 15 with 1301 viewsrrrspricey

Me too wittle
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 23:47 - Apr 15 with 1286 viewsTrom

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 10:15 - Apr 15 by RBlock

This. It is good to see it coming back, but it is a superficial PR change to please us, and this is not the the area the club should be focusing on. I hope Tony is still focusing on the long term planning, for this summer and the Championship.

Not that superficial when you've painted airliners with the old bage!

Hate the current one - I like others have not bought anything from the club shop with it on, so it's got to be bad for revenue.

Actually loved the last one - just liked the lettering.
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 03:02 - Apr 16 with 1260 viewsThaiHoop

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 14:50 - Apr 15 by toboboly

Some people may not care, but I havn't bought anything with the new crest on it and never will, I care a lot about the crest and hopefully it will start to signofy a new direction for the club and getting back to what many perceive to be better days.

I agree with this - may not be a top priority but I would never buy anything with that crest on!

Not that that would bother the club as anything I'd get here is moody anyway!
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 05:25 - Apr 16 with 1249 viewsEsgaroth

I wont even have a car sticker with the new "Crest" on in the motor. And havent bought any form of merchandise from the club shop since it was changed.

Tony was asked if he would change the badge and he answered the question. Its something that was happening anyway so I can't understand people saying he needs to get his priorities right and sort the team out first..........he will!!!!

Should the catering staff put down thier aprons and go and find us some players?
Not everyone who works at QPR has a role in doing that so get a grip and embrace the fact that the Tango & Cash era is coming to an end and we are geting our club back.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 09:18 - Apr 16 with 1204 viewsnadera78

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 05:25 - Apr 16 by Esgaroth

I wont even have a car sticker with the new "Crest" on in the motor. And havent bought any form of merchandise from the club shop since it was changed.

Tony was asked if he would change the badge and he answered the question. Its something that was happening anyway so I can't understand people saying he needs to get his priorities right and sort the team out first..........he will!!!!

Should the catering staff put down thier aprons and go and find us some players?
Not everyone who works at QPR has a role in doing that so get a grip and embrace the fact that the Tango & Cash era is coming to an end and we are geting our club back.

It's not about priorities, it's more that this is just a sop to supporters at a time when the club is a mess and we're on a knife edge as to which way things will go next season.
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 1189 viewstoboboly

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 09:18 - Apr 16 by nadera78

It's not about priorities, it's more that this is just a sop to supporters at a time when the club is a mess and we're on a knife edge as to which way things will go next season.

One way of looking at it. Or it could be a return to actual values at the club. Focussing more on what local fans would like and starting a wave of positivity that will extend onto the pitch. Like Esgaroth says the marketing dept will be sorting this out at the same time the playing staff is being looked at by different people. The club should be able to multi task various issues or else they will be in trouble.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 11:42 - Apr 16 with 1176 viewsnadera78

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 10:58 - Apr 16 by toboboly

One way of looking at it. Or it could be a return to actual values at the club. Focussing more on what local fans would like and starting a wave of positivity that will extend onto the pitch. Like Esgaroth says the marketing dept will be sorting this out at the same time the playing staff is being looked at by different people. The club should be able to multi task various issues or else they will be in trouble.

I do like optimism!
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:46 - Apr 16 with 1155 views00calben

Typical Fernandes, trying to score cheap points with the fans instead of sorting out the numerous numerous issues currently engulfing our Club.

Who gives a fck about the badge...far more important stuff to be sorted out.

Clueless pr*ck.
Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:57 - Apr 16 with 1140 viewsQPunkR

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 14:50 - Apr 15 by toboboly

Exactly my point. I too have never bought anything with that shambles of a crest on it, nor ever would. I needed some new white shorts for football and saw the home ones on sale in one of the sports shops. Just couldn't bring myself to buy em cos they had a small version of that abomination on the side.
Looks like I'll be able to buy new QPR shorts just in time for retiring from football in some 18 months!

QPR - "shit but local"

Old badge coming back according to Fernandes..... on 12:57 - Apr 16 with 1140 viewsRangersw12

The thing the board really need to sort out is the ticket pricing for next season, get it wrong and it will be a disastrous campaign

We need a goodwill factor going through the club and best way to do that is cheap prices

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024