Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! 21:15 - May 14 with 2349 viewstiberiuskirk

That 4th goal completes the three amigos !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:17 - May 14 with 2330 viewsWestonsuperR

If they lose Martinez then don't see them being a major threat next season.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:19 - May 14 with 2300 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:21 - May 14 with 2286 viewsdaveB

real shame, would have been a hell of a finish on sunday if wigan had won this but i thought for a while they would go, just not good enough at the back

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:30 - May 14 with 2233 viewsBostonR

Without Martinez they could do a Wolves. On the other hand so could we!
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:32 - May 14 with 2216 viewsTW_R

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:30 - May 14 by BostonR

Without Martinez they could do a Wolves. On the other hand so could we!

And we will definitely be without Martinez.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:37 - May 14 with 2192 viewsDesertBoot

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:21 - May 14 by daveB

real shame, would have been a hell of a finish on sunday if wigan had won this but i thought for a while they would go, just not good enough at the back

That Swansea defeat was the killer.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:37 - May 14 with 2186 viewsWestonsuperR

10pts above us and still down with a game to go, we really are a joke aren't we.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:39 - May 14 with 2154 viewsTW_R

I hope some of our players were watching that. At least the Wigan players looked like they cared and pretty much all of them looked pretty gutted at the end.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:39 - May 14 with 2153 viewsHollowayRanger

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:37 - May 14 by DesertBoot

That Swansea defeat was the killer.

NO

not beating us WAS the killer

EVERYONE beats us!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:40 - May 14 with 2154 viewsdaveB

just shows redknapp was right 38 points woud have done it, those villa, fulham and wigan games really did kill us
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:41 - May 14 with 2142 viewsTearsOfaClown

Nothing to crow about.

We are not in their class!

They won the FA Cup unlike us who could not be bothered V MK Dons.

They went down fighting unlike us who whimpered.

They played with spirit and people like them - unlike us.

Time to flush at QPR and get rid of that awful smell of rich shites!
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:42 - May 14 with 2133 viewsloftboy

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:40 - May 14 by daveB

just shows redknapp was right 38 points woud have done it, those villa, fulham and wigan games really did kill us

If we was on 38 now we would still be in the bottom 3 on gd

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:42 - May 14 with 2126 viewsBostonR

Hughes killed us. I really dont get the Martinez fab club - he has been in the bottom part of the premiership most of his time with Wigan. It had to come eventually.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:44 - May 14 with 2109 viewsBklynRanger

WELCOME FRIENDS!

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 22:13 - May 14 with 1999 viewsMrSheen

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:40 - May 14 by daveB

It didn't seem that way at the time, but losing to Fulham looks like it saved them too.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 22:14 - May 14 with 1995 viewsLowerloftLad

Add there extra matches they have to play in Europe and there attendance will all but disappear I can see them dropping again next season

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:11 - May 14 with 1868 viewsAntti_Heinola

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:41 - May 14 by TearsOfaClown

Nothing to crow about.

We are not in their class!

They won the FA Cup unlike us who could not be bothered V MK Dons.

They went down fighting unlike us who whimpered.

They played with spirit and people like them - unlike us.

Time to flush at QPR and get rid of that awful smell of rich shites!

Don't really like to crow about anyone going down. Always feel for other teams (nearly always). But Wigan are really not that good. They failed to beat us twice, once when we only had 10 men for 70 minutes. They beat Man City, but we drew with Man City and almost beat them at their place on the last day of last season. Most teams can get up for the odd game - their run to the final was: Bournemouth, Macclesfield, Huddersfield, Everton, Millwall. That is a lovely, lovely route and they made the most of it with a super performance on Saturday. Fact is, Wigan are just not very good. Never understood their 'they play beautiful football' fan club either. Can't say I've ever really noticed it.
What they will do, though, is probably appoint a half decent young manager. Whelan generally does do that, and I'm sure they'll do quite well next season.

Bare bones.

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:52 - May 14 with 1820 viewsHunterhoop

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:42 - May 14 by loftboy

Hold on. Redknapp said 37 points. And he stuck to it for months.

If Wigan beat Villa then 37 wouldn't have been enough. And if we were sitting on 37 with us away to Liverpool and Wigan on 35 paying Villa at home, I'd be worried.

Redknapp has not been proven right.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:54 - May 14 with 1814 viewskropotkin41

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:52 - May 14 by Hunterhoop

If Wigan beat Villa then 37 wouldn't have been enough. And if we were sitting on 37 with us away to Liverpool and Wigan on 35 paying Villa at home, I'd be worried.

No, I think he said he thought that would be a realistic target, but he always added that he wasn't sure it would be enough.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 00:27 - May 15 with 1788 viewsHunterhoop

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:54 - May 14 by kropotkin41

No, I think he said he thought that would be a realistic target, but he always added that he wasn't sure it would be enough.

No. He said he'd "take" 37 points. It's doubtful, and certainly not been proven that would have kept us up.

Think about it, what's the point in saying "we're aiming for 37" and "I'd take 37" unless you think you'd survive on it??? Bit stupid if you really think it won't be enough.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 10:23 - May 15 with 1658 viewsQPR_John

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:37 - May 14 by WestonsuperR

10pts above us and still down with a game to go, we really are a joke aren't we.

We all agree this has been a joke of a season but we lost 20 games same as Wigan and 1 less than Reading, conceded 59 goals to Wigan's 71 and Reading's 69 and conceded 4 or more goals in a game twice (and for what it is worth to the same team Swansea) compared to Wigan 5 and Reading 4. So maybe closer than the points difference suggests. Of course this does not include next Sunday's games.
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 10:26 - May 15 with 1650 viewsQPR_John

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 21:42 - May 14 by loftboy

But would not those extra 13 points have changed goals scored at least
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 11:05 - May 15 with 1623 viewsdaveB

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:52 - May 14 by Hunterhoop

he wasn't far off though
Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 11:23 - May 15 with 1614 viewsAntti_Heinola

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 11:05 - May 15 by daveB

he wasn't far off though

Er... no. That's because the total to stay up is roughly the same every year. So it's quite hard to be 'far off', isn't it? Although it's an achievement for Harry - he can't count or work a phone or anything!

Bare bones.

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 12:39 - May 15 with 1571 viewsrunningman75

Welcome Wigan to the championship !! on 23:11 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

Don't really like to crow about anyone going down. Always feel for other teams (nearly always). But Wigan are really not that good. They failed to beat us twice, once when we only had 10 men for 70 minutes. They beat Man City, but we drew with Man City and almost beat them at their place on the last day of last season. Most teams can get up for the odd game - their run to the final was: Bournemouth, Macclesfield, Huddersfield, Everton, Millwall. That is a lovely, lovely route and they made the most of it with a super performance on Saturday. Fact is, Wigan are just not very good. Never understood their 'they play beautiful football' fan club either. Can't say I've ever really noticed it.
What they will do, though, is probably appoint a half decent young manager. Whelan generally does do that, and I'm sure they'll do quite well next season.

How can you go about Wigan's easy run to the cup final. QPR tend to lose whoever they are playing in the FA Cup and our performances against MK Dons and Reading in cups this season again were expected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024