Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Backroom Staff Announcement.... 16:03 - May 16 with 5575 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Announcement Below...

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/backroomstaff-825457.aspx
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:02 - May 16 with 1462 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 18:42 - May 16 by olympicdale

Well it is all we have to go on to be fair, we shouldn't be backing him based on what he might be as a manager in the future, under Hills tutelage. We were much worse than under Eyre in the 7 games he was in charge.

No it's not. We have four seasons of a very successful youth manager. The ship was sinking under Eyre and Beech couldn't stop the sinking. I happen to think that even Fergie, or Hill himself, would have struggled to reverse the situation in just 7 games. Remember, Eyre and Bunn left. Beech was thrown in at the deep end effectively on his own. It's silly to judge him on that period.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:05 - May 16 with 1434 viewsSalwaDale

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:02 - May 16 by BigDaveMyCock

No it's not. We have four seasons of a very successful youth manager. The ship was sinking under Eyre and Beech couldn't stop the sinking. I happen to think that even Fergie, or Hill himself, would have struggled to reverse the situation in just 7 games. Remember, Eyre and Bunn left. Beech was thrown in at the deep end effectively on his own. It's silly to judge him on that period.

Agreed, it was 7 games. He actually looked like he may turn it round but then the team looked like they turned on him. I fully expect Beech to be our next manager (even if it is only caretaker again). I just hope that is a long way in the future.

Incidentally it seems Beech has done some coaching with a localish (very) young team up here.

TBBT

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:34 - May 16 with 1398 viewsAtThePeake

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 18:42 - May 16 by olympicdale

Well it is all we have to go on to be fair, we shouldn't be backing him based on what he might be as a manager in the future, under Hills tutelage. We were much worse than under Eyre in the 7 games he was in charge.

Is it all we have to go on though?

What about his excellent record with the Rochdale youth team?

Tangled up in blue.

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:55 - May 16 with 1378 viewsolympicdale

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:34 - May 16 by AtThePeake

Is it all we have to go on though?

What about his excellent record with the Rochdale youth team?

Yes, and that is where he does his best work. We shouldn't be thinking he's going to be another Keith Hill, although I feel the board hoped he would be when he was kept in charge for much longer than he should have been after the Stevenage game.

Life is a game of fate.

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 20:04 - May 16 with 1362 viewsSaxonDale

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 19:55 - May 16 by olympicdale

Yes, and that is where he does his best work. We shouldn't be thinking he's going to be another Keith Hill, although I feel the board hoped he would be when he was kept in charge for much longer than he should have been after the Stevenage game.

For God's sake OD give him a chance.

I could point you towards DalePlayer interviews of Hill praising the work Beech has done with the first team since his return.

I could and already have before, show you a comparison between the points picked up in Hill's first few games in charge of his second spell and the amount Beech picked up in his caretaker role.

I could ask you how many times Hill has got staff appointment wrongs in his time as a manager, history would suggest he's very good at collecting a 'team behind the team'

However you would still probably ignore all of this and refuse to appreciate that this is a chance Beech deserves.
Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 20:04 - May 16 with 1360 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm not a huge fan of Chris Beech but if Hill's happy with him as assistant then I'm more than happy to go along with him. He was going to make the step up at some point anyway and the fact that Richard Ashcroft is taking over his job means there's still a familiarity in the Youth ranks with him coming up from the under 15's so I'm very encouraged with how the summer rebuilding is going.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 20:06 - May 16 with 1347 views49thseason

Its all water under the bridge now, clearly Hill wanted Beech or he wouldn't have given him the job. I am just pleased we have managed to rebuild the back room staff, if we are going to play lots of kids they will need every ounce of support we can muster. Hilly has had a very good couple of weeks with signings in all areas...it all just feels so much better!
Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 20:17 - May 16 with 1331 viewsolympicdale

Backroom Staff Announcement.... on 20:04 - May 16 by SaxonDale

For God's sake OD give him a chance.

I could point you towards DalePlayer interviews of Hill praising the work Beech has done with the first team since his return.

I could and already have before, show you a comparison between the points picked up in Hill's first few games in charge of his second spell and the amount Beech picked up in his caretaker role.

I could ask you how many times Hill has got staff appointment wrongs in his time as a manager, history would suggest he's very good at collecting a 'team behind the team'

However you would still probably ignore all of this and refuse to appreciate that this is a chance Beech deserves.

Hey I am very happy to be proven wrong and for him to be a wonderful asset to the club in his new role, and go on to make a great manager one day, but I just can not forget what happened in his term thats it simply.

I am not questioning Hills judgment, I trust that if Hill feels he is good enough to work alongside with for 3 years than its good enough for me.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024