Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh deer.. 16:56 - Jun 11 with 4812 viewsAunt_Nelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22854447
Oh deer.. on 17:00 - Jun 11 with 4801 viewsBrightonhoop

Who killed Bambi?!
Oh deer.. on 17:23 - Jun 11 with 4766 viewsA40Bosh

A mate of mine was driving home from work one night years ago through the Essex countryside in his BT Transit van and he wiped out a deer who ran out in front of him, killed it stone dead. He was pretty shook up, the front of the van was badly damaged and obviously told the family about it when he got home.

3 days days later he got a VM on his mobile asking him to phone Sgt Something or other at Chelmsford Police Station. So he rang and was put through to this copper and he was told that the incident was caught on police CCTV as they have cameras on that stretch as that area is a traffic hot spot.

He was told that he should have stayed at the scene,reported it to local police straight away and waited there, because deer are traditionally owned by the Crown and as such it is a criminal offence to have left it there by the side of the road and leave the scene without waiting for the emergency services to attend the scene.

He was then told that this actual deer was from a private herd that had escaped locally and was a working deer and the owner would also probably want to press charges and seek compensation and might want to sue him for the loss.

So my mate was beginning to brick it at this stage.

The copper said that it might be a good thing to put his side of events in writing and also to write a letter of apology to the deer's owner admiting his mistake and it might cut him some slack.

So, he agrees and asks to take down the owners name.

The copper replied "It a Mr first initial S and his surname is spelt C l a u s, address The North Pole" and then hung up.

(my mate's sister and her husband are both old bill and when they heard what he had done my mate's brother in law, rang up one of his mates at Chelmsford nick and told him to do the wind up)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Oh deer.. on 19:32 - Jun 11 with 4674 viewsderbyhoop

Unexpected item in bagging area!!!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Oh deer.. on 19:49 - Jun 11 with 4638 viewsTacticalR

Who can honestly say that he hasn't, at some time or other, left a deer's head at the checkout? I know I have.

Air hostess clique

Oh deer.. on 19:52 - Jun 11 with 4631 viewsHollowayRanger

one cool driver in a emergency

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Oh deer.. on 20:13 - Jun 11 with 4594 viewsFredManRave

I think the deer got off lightly compared to this goat. Puts a whole different meaning to the phrase, "Feeling Sheepish".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Oh deer.. on 13:32 - Jun 12 with 4479 viewstimcocking

Oh deer.. on 17:23 - Jun 11 by A40Bosh

A mate of mine was driving home from work one night years ago through the Essex countryside in his BT Transit van and he wiped out a deer who ran out in front of him, killed it stone dead. He was pretty shook up, the front of the van was badly damaged and obviously told the family about it when he got home.

3 days days later he got a VM on his mobile asking him to phone Sgt Something or other at Chelmsford Police Station. So he rang and was put through to this copper and he was told that the incident was caught on police CCTV as they have cameras on that stretch as that area is a traffic hot spot.

He was told that he should have stayed at the scene,reported it to local police straight away and waited there, because deer are traditionally owned by the Crown and as such it is a criminal offence to have left it there by the side of the road and leave the scene without waiting for the emergency services to attend the scene.

He was then told that this actual deer was from a private herd that had escaped locally and was a working deer and the owner would also probably want to press charges and seek compensation and might want to sue him for the loss.

So my mate was beginning to brick it at this stage.

The copper said that it might be a good thing to put his side of events in writing and also to write a letter of apology to the deer's owner admiting his mistake and it might cut him some slack.

So, he agrees and asks to take down the owners name.

The copper replied "It a Mr first initial S and his surname is spelt C l a u s, address The North Pole" and then hung up.

(my mate's sister and her husband are both old bill and when they heard what he had done my mate's brother in law, rang up one of his mates at Chelmsford nick and told him to do the wind up)

That's a bloody good one!
Oh deer.. on 13:33 - Jun 12 with 4475 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Are the police offering Doe to find the killer?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Oh deer.. on 13:59 - Jun 12 with 4448 viewssimmo

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024