Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax game 17:49 - Jul 13 with 7504 viewsdale1996

Any feedback for those of us that are on holiday? who played well? what were the trialists like? what formation did we play? etc
Thanks in advance
Halifax game on 23:25 - Jul 13 with 2069 viewsroccydaleian

Halifax game on 22:56 - Jul 13 by sandylaner1

Ha! You and Sweetcorn?
Halifax game on 23:50 - Jul 13 with 2025 viewssandylaner1

Halifax game on 23:25 - Jul 13 by roccydaleian

Ha! You and Sweetcorn?

sweetcorn wasn't in attendance today, he had a bowls game
Halifax game on 14:02 - Jul 14 with 1823 viewsBigKindo

Halifax game on 21:50 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

Hillys mantra is keeping possession and loving the ball and as a team we failed dismaly in that department today. It was sloppy from start to finish and the amount of times we underhit simple short passes was amazing.

There was also a lot of aimless long punts and a general lack of awareness. It was a hot day for both teams but the Halifax players seemed to cope better than we did which is strange when you consider we have been training in Tenerife.

At no time did we have any width to our play and all in all it was a very poor showing and one that i dont think Hilly will be happy with, the passing at times was atrocious.

.......training in Tenerife. Perhaps they felt cold?
Halifax game on 15:08 - Jul 14 with 1773 viewsBrierls

Very hard to judge because of the stifling heat and the effect it had on the players, it was a typical pre-season game and we should take the rough with the smooth.

I don't think we used the ball well enough, and because of that we didn't create an awful lot which is disappointing given we had quite a few of what I'd consider the starting XI on the pitch. Again, the two centre halfs looked vulnerable to balls in behind them, so I've got concerns there. Hopefully playing time we see an improvement on that front.

Must have been frustrating for the trialist keeper cause he didn't have much to do. Rafferty was steady, Tanser got forward well and recovered to defend OK after a difficult opening 30 mins. Eastham and Maynard didn't look comfortable, which was personified by the goal conceded where both could and should have done better.

Cavanagh had a good game and was busy, and I thought Lund showed good feet and made some good runs but wasn't picked out. Tutte was largely anonymous apart from a 20 min spell at the start of the 2nd half, where we played our best football.

Henderson showed his class whenever he had the ball, but I don't think he saw enough of the ball. Grant looked disinterested for most of the game, but produced the goods again with a trademark left foot curler into the net. Donnelly wasn't the workhorse that we're used to, but I wouldn't expect him to be in that heat. I wondered if he'd been told to curb his enthusiasm a bit and use his energy in central areas.

Grant turning to applaud and give a thumbs up after his excellent goal suggests that was the last time we'll see him in a Dale shirt.

It was great to see Done back. He stood out in making himself available for the ball, and looked a our biggest threat when we had the ball.

It's early days, and plenty to work on, but I'm still very optimistic going into the new season.
Halifax game on 22:26 - Jul 14 with 1617 views442Dale

One other thing about yesterday: Halifax's pitch is knackered. It looks green but crumbled under any sort of tackle and appears to have a lot of sand in the structure.

And no, they can't play at Spotland in February.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Halifax game on 23:22 - Jul 14 with 1578 viewsAtThePeake

Halifax game on 22:26 - Jul 14 by 442Dale

One other thing about yesterday: Halifax's pitch is knackered. It looks green but crumbled under any sort of tackle and appears to have a lot of sand in the structure.

Noticed that too - cut up really easily.

A few other points - I noticed the lad in the Blackpool shirt too - he was in the seat in front of me.
Rafferty looks to have built up a lot over the summer. Had to do a double take when he ran out.
A little bit confused at the praising of Tanser. I know he's a young lad but he kept getting sucked into the middle leaving the number 7 in space and whilst he did get forward well, he generally lost the ball when he received it higher up the pitch.
Otherwise, agreed with everyone else.

Tangled up in blue.

Halifax game on 06:53 - Jul 15 with 1519 viewsTalkingSutty

Halifax game on 22:26 - Jul 14 by 442Dale

The point about the pitch is a good one and could be one of the reasons why so many passes went astray.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024