Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those interested.. 07:16 - Jul 21 with 4939 viewsWhiteyBFC

Who like me, have a soft spot for another club (me Rochdale, you Barnsley)

Last season in review video form:

And this season in preview video form:

And I'm hoping to do some Dale videos this season, so long as work etc and time allows.

Big year for us both. Optimistic on both fronts.

U Reds

KHBA
For those interested.. on 11:41 - Jul 23 with 1197 views442Dale

For those interested.. on 10:30 - Jul 23 by BarryStrange

Know just how you feel. I went with my uncle to see City a couple of times before I went to Gigg, and then with my Dad to Old Trafford.

Neither felt quite like I belonged, like everything somehow fitted and it was where I was supposed to be.

Only once we'd been to Gigg (aided by 13 goals in our first two games) did we both think "yeah, this'll do".

On the point about Newcastle fans and their regular fixation on being the greatest fans in the world, does anyone else remember GMR being overrun in the late 90s with City fans claiming the same thing incessantly just because they still turned up even when their team was toss?

The GMR City bias is nauseating at times. Anyone who ever played/managed/sold programmes for them becomes almost untouchable and beyond criticism, as we discovered. They have their favourites on there too- getting Phil Brown a new manager's job appeared to be a weekly event.

That's why it's all the more satisfying when people like Brown prove to still be absolutely rubbish. It's safe to say there are people on here who know the game far better than those you hear on the radio on a Saturday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

For those interested.. on 12:45 - Jul 23 with 1171 viewsBarryStrange

For those interested.. on 11:41 - Jul 23 by 442Dale

The GMR City bias is nauseating at times. Anyone who ever played/managed/sold programmes for them becomes almost untouchable and beyond criticism, as we discovered. They have their favourites on there too- getting Phil Brown a new manager's job appeared to be a weekly event.

That's why it's all the more satisfying when people like Brown prove to still be absolutely rubbish. It's safe to say there are people on here who know the game far better than those you hear on the radio on a Saturday.

I used to listen to it a lot when I lived in Bury, but since moving south I only ever really encounter GMR when back north. I am stunned by how they talk about literally nothing other than City these days.

And they seem to virtually canonise mediocre non-entities like Fred Eyre for no reason other than they have a very tenuous link to City. I mean check out Fred Eyre's career as player and manager - he literally didn't get a game anywhere. How is he qualified to discuss people who do?

Unfortunately you don't get time to get annoyed by the pointless ageing "ex-pro" because there's some twerp who hasn't been to a City game in 10 years on raging about how terrible it is that City haven't won the Champions League the last three years, using phrases like "back where we belong" as if City up until about 3 years ago were any bigger or grander an entity than Nottingham Forest.

They are basically Newcastle with a few more quid in their pocket.
For those interested.. on 13:03 - Jul 23 with 1154 views442Dale

For those interested.. on 12:45 - Jul 23 by BarryStrange

I used to listen to it a lot when I lived in Bury, but since moving south I only ever really encounter GMR when back north. I am stunned by how they talk about literally nothing other than City these days.

And they seem to virtually canonise mediocre non-entities like Fred Eyre for no reason other than they have a very tenuous link to City. I mean check out Fred Eyre's career as player and manager - he literally didn't get a game anywhere. How is he qualified to discuss people who do?

Unfortunately you don't get time to get annoyed by the pointless ageing "ex-pro" because there's some twerp who hasn't been to a City game in 10 years on raging about how terrible it is that City haven't won the Champions League the last three years, using phrases like "back where we belong" as if City up until about 3 years ago were any bigger or grander an entity than Nottingham Forest.

They are basically Newcastle with a few more quid in their pocket.

There is nothing that is bigger or grander an entity than Nottingham Forest.

Not even Saturn.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

For those interested.. on 22:09 - Jul 23 with 1092 viewsdogboy

I try not to have a second team as I seem to put the kiss of death on them once I go to see them...Colne Dynamos....Rossendale Utd...any more suggestions of who I should go to next
For those interested.. on 22:29 - Jul 23 with 1063 viewsAtThePeake

For those interested.. on 22:09 - Jul 23 by dogboy

I try not to have a second team as I seem to put the kiss of death on them once I go to see them...Colne Dynamos....Rossendale Utd...any more suggestions of who I should go to next

Notts County :)

Tangled up in blue.

For those interested.. on 22:30 - Jul 23 with 1059 viewsroccydaleian

For those interested.. on 22:09 - Jul 23 by dogboy

F.C. United.
For those interested.. on 16:08 - Jul 24 with 996 viewsRalphs12

For those interested.. on 17:38 - Jul 22 by ChaffRAFC

You're my new favourite poster based on the Blink/AvA thing alone. Been a massive Blink fan for the past 15 years when I first heard them and when they split and Tom created AvA I was looking forward to hearing it, then I heard The Adventure and it became my favourite song ever after the first listen and still is to this day. Had the pleasure of meeting AvA a couple of years ago as well and see them every time they tour.

Anyway, as for second teams, it's no secret, mine's Manchester United because my brother (not the Dale fan brother a few on here have met), brought me up as a United fan, took me to a few games and I loved it but the opportunity to see them became less and less and then about 22 years ago, my Dad took me to watch Rochdale instead and I've been hooked ever since.

Thanks for reminding me about The Adventure, why I'd not listened to it in so long has me baffled, great song.
For those interested.. on 16:13 - Jul 24 with 986 viewsdale_spotland

For those interested.. on 16:08 - Jul 24 by Ralphs12

Thanks for reminding me about The Adventure, why I'd not listened to it in so long has me baffled, great song.

Awful band, awful song.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Login to get fewer ads

For those interested.. on 16:24 - Jul 24 with 973 viewsRalphs12

For those interested.. on 16:13 - Jul 24 by dale_spotland

Awful band, awful song.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024