Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer the weak link 00:10 - Aug 2 with 22578 viewsSASWANSEA

He's no longer good enough, his lack of intelligence stagnates our play. He's an old school hug the touchline and skin his man type winger, that just ain't how we play anymore. Hopefully he doesn't feature all that much this season.

Dyer the weak link on 21:38 - Aug 6 with 2023 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dyer the weak link on 11:44 - Aug 3 by SASWANSEA

A few facts for you simpletons to dwell upon

Dyer was dispossessed on more occasions than any other Swansea player last season. A total of 55 times, compare that to Routledge at 47 & Pablo at 25. Dyer was dispossessed on average 1.5 times per game, compared to Routledge at 1.3 & Pablo at 0.8.

Dyer was our weakest dribbler of our three wingers last season at 0.7 successful dribbles p/g. Pablo at 1.0 & Routledge at 0.8.

I argued that he stagnated our attack with his inability to link our attacking play in the final 3rd, the stats certainly back up this theory.
Key passes per game: Dyer - 0.9. Routledge - 1.6. Pablo - 1.8.

Dyer also hits fewer accurate crosses p/g than either Routledge or Pablo, 0.4 compared to 0.5 for both.

Combined goals & assists for Dyer, Routledge & Pablo;
Dyer - 7
Routledge - 9
Pablo - 9

--------------------------------
So the stats seemingly back up what I see with my own eyes. I have to say I'm very surprised others either can't see it or simply prefer to stick their head in the sand. Watch our pattern of play when Dyer is on the field compared to when he isn't, you'll soon start to see we're far more fluid when he isn't on the pitch. He simply can't play the narrow winger role, instead of relying on his speed he has to think in order to link our intricate play and he just cannot do it. As I've said previously, Dyer can do the hug the touchline & skin his man role but that's no longer the way we play. Playing Dyer will be the difference between winning & having to settle for a frustrating draw, over the course of the season that'll cost us in final finishing position. Dyer is no longer what we need, we've outgrown him. DYER IS THE WEAK LINK, ACCEPT IT.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 11:46]

You. are. boring.

And your stats are flawed . Go wum somewhere else you tool.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Dyer the weak link on 09:41 - Aug 7 with 1950 viewsJackSomething

I like that the OP seems to be classing Pozuelo as a winger just because he replaced Dyer on Thursday.

If you were watching the game, you'd have seen he spent the majority of his time in the middle of the park, indeed this is where he scored from. Rangel had the right side of the pitch to himself when we were in possession.

Dyer will be our third choice winger this season, same as last. Seeing as he played in 44 games last year, I'd wager he's still going to be very important to us, whatever your predictions.

Also love the way you highlight him as the weak link when he contributed 'only' 7 combined goals and assists. When the other two main wingers provided 9 each, it's hardly indicative of a major gap is it? If Dyer only had 2 or 3, you may have had a point.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dyer the weak link on 10:09 - Aug 7 with 1927 viewsshandyjack

Wonder if the OP has ever heard of Plan B, yes he struggles at Laudrup main game, but is more than capable of providing great width and pace when we are chasing a game or in a tight game and we need someone to get the ball and drive at players when counter attacking

Poll: Expectation for the season

Dyer the weak link on 00:37 - Aug 9 with 1848 viewsSASWANSEA

Dyer watch: Came on late and did nothing. Constantly ran into blind alleys and misplaced a few passes.

5/10
Dyer the weak link on 00:39 - Aug 9 with 1841 viewsdavidaeaton

Wrap up you soft cunnt you're so fuccking boring mun

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

Dyer the weak link on 00:43 - Aug 9 with 1826 viewsdeaframbo

Dyer the weak link on 00:37 - Aug 9 by SASWANSEA

Dyer watch: Came on late and did nothing. Constantly ran into blind alleys and misplaced a few passes.

5/10

I thought we played better when he came on.
Dyer the weak link on 00:48 - Aug 9 with 1818 viewsSASWANSEA

Dyer the weak link on 00:43 - Aug 9 by deaframbo

I thought we played better when he came on.

As a consequence of Ki coming on, the lanky Korean was assured in possession and generally sped up the tempo of our play. Dyer on the other hand contributed absolutely nothing. Ran into blind alleys and conceded possession on several occasions, quite the feat considering how late he came on.
Dyer the weak link on 00:51 - Aug 9 with 1813 viewsTom1912

But on the other hand, he has just signed a 4 year contract and proved you completely wrong.

So swings and roundabouts.
Login to get fewer ads

Dyer the weak link on 00:56 - Aug 9 with 1809 viewsSASWANSEA

Dyer the weak link on 00:51 - Aug 9 by Tom1912

But on the other hand, he has just signed a 4 year contract and proved you completely wrong.

So swings and roundabouts.

So you'd rather the club allowed him to leave on a free then?

He'll be moved on within 18 months, new contract or not. His days here are numbered, why? Because he's f'kin gash.
Dyer the weak link on 01:25 - Aug 9 with 1802 viewsSimonSwansea

Dyer the weak link on 00:56 - Aug 9 by SASWANSEA

He'll be moved on within 18 months, new contract or not. His days here are numbered, why? Because he's f'kin gash.

Shocking post!
Dyer the weak link on 09:04 - Aug 9 with 1728 viewsJackSomething

So explain how he played 41 games last season then? Why haven't we replaced him if he's so gash?

Don't know why I'm bothering. You're an obvious WUM.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dyer the weak link on 12:31 - Aug 9 with 1665 viewsTom1912

Don't be daft. You don't give a FOUR year contract to someone you want to move on.

Funny how your "he'll go this summer" moved to "he'll go within 12 months" to "he'll go within 18 months".

Fortunately, no matter how much you go on about it, Laudrup and management don't share your view that he is gash.
Dyer the weak link on 12:34 - Aug 9 with 1662 viewsmonmouth

Dyer the weak link on 12:31 - Aug 9 by Tom1912

Don't be daft. You don't give a FOUR year contract to someone you want to move on.

Funny how your "he'll go this summer" moved to "he'll go within 12 months" to "he'll go within 18 months".

Fortunately, no matter how much you go on about it, Laudrup and management don't share your view that he is gash.

Neither does ANYONE else Tom, but that won't stop him. Why? This poster is 'gash'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024