Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer the weak link 00:10 - Aug 2 with 23167 viewsSASWANSEA

He's no longer good enough, his lack of intelligence stagnates our play. He's an old school hug the touchline and skin his man type winger, that just ain't how we play anymore. Hopefully he doesn't feature all that much this season.

Dyer the weak link on 03:52 - Aug 3 with 2878 viewsDJack

Dyer the weak link on 21:31 - Aug 2 by borinifanclub

Its not escape goat it is scapegoat. It is a biblical term. On atonement day the Israelites would take two goats,sacrifice one and send the other off to carry their sins into the wilderness (cardiff) this goat escaped death . The term scapegoat came from this.It means someone who carries the blame (sins)

Further to the doctor's post...

I'll give you a clue - Annis/CCMB/ escapegoats/PlanetSwans/Google.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Dyer the weak link on 09:15 - Aug 3 with 2814 viewsswanjackal

Dyer the weak link on 03:52 - Aug 3 by DJack

Further to the doctor's post...

I'll give you a clue - Annis/CCMB/ escapegoats/PlanetSwans/Google.

Stop this collective attack on that poster, you will put him on "tender pins" !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Dyer the weak link on 09:21 - Aug 3 with 2805 viewsswanny

Dyer the weak link on 09:15 - Aug 3 by swanjackal

wish I'd never mentioned it :(

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Dyer the weak link on 09:25 - Aug 3 with 2801 viewsSpratty

Dyer the weak link on 09:21 - Aug 3 by swanny

wish I'd never mentioned it :(

But you can just click those heels and go to Kansas

p.s. When I watched my recording of match yesterday they praised our 2 blistering wingers and particularly featured Dyers excellent kick on goal.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 9:31]
Dyer the weak link on 11:44 - Aug 3 with 2749 viewsSASWANSEA

A few facts for you simpletons to dwell upon

Dyer was dispossessed on more occasions than any other Swansea player last season. A total of 55 times, compare that to Routledge at 47 & Pablo at 25. Dyer was dispossessed on average 1.5 times per game, compared to Routledge at 1.3 & Pablo at 0.8.

Dyer was our weakest dribbler of our three wingers last season at 0.7 successful dribbles p/g. Pablo at 1.0 & Routledge at 0.8.

I argued that he stagnated our attack with his inability to link our attacking play in the final 3rd, the stats certainly back up this theory.
Key passes per game: Dyer - 0.9. Routledge - 1.6. Pablo - 1.8.

Dyer also hits fewer accurate crosses p/g than either Routledge or Pablo, 0.4 compared to 0.5 for both.

Combined goals & assists for Dyer, Routledge & Pablo;
Dyer - 7
Routledge - 9
Pablo - 9

--------------------------------
So the stats seemingly back up what I see with my own eyes. I have to say I'm very surprised others either can't see it or simply prefer to stick their head in the sand. Watch our pattern of play when Dyer is on the field compared to when he isn't, you'll soon start to see we're far more fluid when he isn't on the pitch. He simply can't play the narrow winger role, instead of relying on his speed he has to think in order to link our intricate play and he just cannot do it. As I've said previously, Dyer can do the hug the touchline & skin his man role but that's no longer the way we play. Playing Dyer will be the difference between winning & having to settle for a frustrating draw, over the course of the season that'll cost us in final finishing position. Dyer is no longer what we need, we've outgrown him. DYER IS THE WEAK LINK, ACCEPT IT.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 11:46]
Dyer the weak link on 11:57 - Aug 3 with 2708 viewsKingTuck

Give over mun
Dyer the weak link on 12:05 - Aug 3 with 2702 viewsSASWANSEA

Give over? You don't like opinions based on facts I take it.

Reasoned debate should be encouraged.
Dyer the weak link on 12:12 - Aug 3 with 2694 viewsLaudrupFan

Dyer the weak link on 11:44 - Aug 3 by SASWANSEA

A few facts for you simpletons to dwell upon

Dyer was dispossessed on more occasions than any other Swansea player last season. A total of 55 times, compare that to Routledge at 47 & Pablo at 25. Dyer was dispossessed on average 1.5 times per game, compared to Routledge at 1.3 & Pablo at 0.8.

Dyer was our weakest dribbler of our three wingers last season at 0.7 successful dribbles p/g. Pablo at 1.0 & Routledge at 0.8.

I argued that he stagnated our attack with his inability to link our attacking play in the final 3rd, the stats certainly back up this theory.
Key passes per game: Dyer - 0.9. Routledge - 1.6. Pablo - 1.8.

Dyer also hits fewer accurate crosses p/g than either Routledge or Pablo, 0.4 compared to 0.5 for both.

Combined goals & assists for Dyer, Routledge & Pablo;
Dyer - 7
Routledge - 9
Pablo - 9

--------------------------------
So the stats seemingly back up what I see with my own eyes. I have to say I'm very surprised others either can't see it or simply prefer to stick their head in the sand. Watch our pattern of play when Dyer is on the field compared to when he isn't, you'll soon start to see we're far more fluid when he isn't on the pitch. He simply can't play the narrow winger role, instead of relying on his speed he has to think in order to link our intricate play and he just cannot do it. As I've said previously, Dyer can do the hug the touchline & skin his man role but that's no longer the way we play. Playing Dyer will be the difference between winning & having to settle for a frustrating draw, over the course of the season that'll cost us in final finishing position. Dyer is no longer what we need, we've outgrown him. DYER IS THE WEAK LINK, ACCEPT IT.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 11:46]

Pretty sure that if you included Lamah in the analysis, you would find he is the weak link? But I agree that Routledge and Hernandez are above Dyer.

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Login to get fewer ads

Dyer the weak link on 12:17 - Aug 3 with 2689 viewsCatullus

Dyer the weak link on 00:30 - Aug 2 by SwansNZ

If Dyer is our new "weak link", we have nothing to worry about this year

This.

If Dyer is our worst player, we are very strong. He's a better option than several other teams have got.

And I watched the whole game and didn't think he was poor at all. Not as good as he can be, but better than he was for a lot of last season. If he can reach his peak (or somewhere near) again, he'll be a valuable asset.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dyer the weak link on 12:26 - Aug 3 with 2677 viewsSASWANSEA

Dyer the weak link on 12:12 - Aug 3 by LaudrupFan

Pretty sure that if you included Lamah in the analysis, you would find he is the weak link? But I agree that Routledge and Hernandez are above Dyer.

I didn't include Lamah because he started just the 1 game and made only 4 sub appearances.
Dyer the weak link on 12:28 - Aug 3 with 2671 viewsLaudrupFan

Dyer the weak link on 12:26 - Aug 3 by SASWANSEA

I didn't include Lamah because he started just the 1 game and made only 4 sub appearances.

Only 1 game and 4 subs in half a season. I guess this is a big indication that he is the weak link (among the wingers)?

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Dyer the weak link on 12:31 - Aug 3 with 2669 viewsairedale

Dyer goes from 0 - 60 in 3.8 seconds.
Dyer the weak link on 12:39 - Aug 3 with 2662 viewsSpratty

Dyer the weak link on 12:26 - Aug 3 by SASWANSEA

Oooops big mistake claiming the moral high ground then frigging your statistics

Statistically speaking:

a. The vast majority on this thread do not agree with you neither it seems does ML

b. The average human has 0.535 of a penis and you seem to be wearing yours on your head

GIVE IT A REST
Dyer the weak link on 12:51 - Aug 3 with 2652 viewsSASWANSEA

Dyer the weak link on 12:39 - Aug 3 by Spratty

Oooops big mistake claiming the moral high ground then frigging your statistics

Statistically speaking:

a. The vast majority on this thread do not agree with you neither it seems does ML

b. The average human has 0.535 of a penis and you seem to be wearing yours on your head

GIVE IT A REST

Awww Spratty has returned. Lamah played just 150 minutes of football last season, you can't glean anything from such a small simple you dim twunt.

ML doesn't agree you say?

Well in that case why did he bring in Pablo? Why did he bring in Pozuelo? Why did he make it a condition to him signing a new contract that his key players were also given contract extensions?

Why hasn't Dyer been included in the many extensions?

Why were we playing the game and hoping Everton would follow up their interest?

You have nothing to add to this debate so stroll on you remedial tit.
Dyer the weak link on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 2643 viewsSpratty

Dyer the weak link on 12:05 - Aug 3 by SASWANSEA

Give over? You don't like opinions based on facts I take it.

Reasoned debate should be encouraged.

"Thick"
"Simpletons"
"Remedial tit".............

Sure got the hang of reasoned debate haven't you
Dyer the weak link on 16:35 - Aug 6 with 2428 viewsFlashberryjack

Dyer the weak link on 00:24 - Aug 2 by SASWANSEA

He's no longer good enough to add to the team. Remove the sentiment, we're big time now and Dyer is no big time player. I'm personally gutted Martinez didn't follow up his interest, just watch how much better we are when Pablo/Poz are playing instead of him.

Just signed a 4 year contract - "weakest link" you dopey tw*t.
Now crawl back under the stone from whence you came.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dyer the weak link on 16:46 - Aug 6 with 2409 viewsc00lj4ck

Touche.
Dyer the weak link on 17:10 - Aug 6 with 2370 viewsorion3016

bit surprised, but god news hes been a good servant

Be over there now after

Dyer the weak link on 17:37 - Aug 6 with 2353 viewstomdickharry

Great news,weak link, I doubt it,been a tremendous player for us over the years he has been here hope he goes from strength to strength.
Dyer the weak link on 17:50 - Aug 6 with 2330 viewsdavidaeaton

As Stevie wonder once sang, "signed sealed delivered fucck you" OK not the fucck you bit but its time to buck up and fucck up now mush unlucky Kentucky what a bunch of simpletons eh signing a weak link? Mwah hah ha hahaahaa

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

Dyer the weak link on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 2315 viewsOdgaard

I Do agree that Dyer is the weakest link of Paplo and Routledge. overall last season i did fine him spectacular at times, but generally i wasn't that impressed - he lost bunch of balls, and was ineffective a front of goal and was a poor crosser. He got a lot of speed but have lacks of physical strength.

however i do think there is a future for dyer, hes is only 25 and heading into hes best years. He still got a lot of potential - and if he can improve some aspect he could be fantastic. And for now i do think as a third option hes a quite good compared to other teams - and will get a lot of games.

So thump-up for extending the contract.
Dyer the weak link on 18:00 - Aug 6 with 2307 viewswaynekerr55

Dyer the weak link on 09:15 - Aug 3 by swanjackal

And people will be burning Thai flags

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dyer the weak link on 20:38 - Aug 6 with 2241 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Whatever you think, you can think it for four more years.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Dyer the weak link on 21:07 - Aug 6 with 2214 viewsSASWANSEA

Christ some of you are dim.

Football is a business and Dyer is the asset. The signing of a contract does not implicate that he won't be moved on within the next 12 months, it merely means his value will not dip as it would if we allowed his contract to run down.

Strewth, you little simpletons. Dyer will play less than 50% of games this season, warming the bench the little cherub will be.
Dyer the weak link on 21:28 - Aug 6 with 2199 viewsFlashberryjack

Dyer the weak link on 21:07 - Aug 6 by SASWANSEA

Christ some of you are dim.

Football is a business and Dyer is the asset. The signing of a contract does not implicate that he won't be moved on within the next 12 months, it merely means his value will not dip as it would if we allowed his contract to run down.

Strewth, you little simpletons. Dyer will play less than 50% of games this season, warming the bench the little cherub will be.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024