Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has SWP found his level? 19:13 - Aug 18 with 2134 viewsDylanP

SWP has been a useful contributor this year, running and looking lively. Has he improved, or is it possible that he has found his level and the slightly lower quality of players int he Championship means he still has a lot to contribute at this level?

Which one?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Has SWP found his level? on 19:18 - Aug 18 with 2116 viewshoopdog

Dont think anybody can say he didn't put a shift in
Has SWP found his level? on 19:18 - Aug 18 with 2113 viewsTacticalR

He still has the ability to blast the ball at the goal from within the box, hit the target and not score. It's uncanny.

Air hostess clique

Has SWP found his level? on 19:19 - Aug 18 with 2105 viewsDylanP

Has SWP found his level? on 19:18 - Aug 18 by TacticalR

He still has the ability to blast the ball at the goal from within the box, hit the target and not score. It's uncanny.

Uncanny indeed!

Has SWP found his level? on 19:25 - Aug 18 with 2087 viewsgigiisourgod

No. Barton has found his level. SWP still out of his depth and getting selected because of his reputation. If he was an unknown signed from Rochdale he would be nowhere near the team.
Has SWP found his level? on 19:26 - Aug 18 with 2083 viewsBlackCrowe

I thought he was good yesterday. And we would not have won the game yesterday without his trickery and cross for the goal.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Has SWP found his level? on 19:28 - Aug 18 with 2075 viewsHayesender

SWP found some form last season before his injury and has carried it on into this season imo.

Easy target for some fans

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Has SWP found his level? on 19:41 - Aug 18 with 2030 viewsgigiisourgod

Has SWP found his level? on 19:28 - Aug 18 by Hayesender

SWP found some form last season before his injury and has carried it on into this season imo.

Easy target for some fans

Not an easy target at all. The bloke grafts and puts in a shift. But the truth is he has seemingly lost confidence in himself to beat a man and his goals have dried up. Without this end product he is a terrible football player. Yes he works hard and will never get grief from the stands from me as long as he is working his hardest, but he's seemingly lost a yard and his confidence and IMO would be nowhere near the team if it was not for his reputation. He won us the game yesterday and fair play for that, but similarly to the Scum match it disguises the fact he had another shocker especially second half. Touch of a conference player. 30M transfer fee and however many England caps so obviously has something and I can't wait to be proved wrong, but from what I have seen of him in a QPR shirt should be nowhere near the team.
Has SWP found his level? on 19:51 - Aug 18 with 1999 viewsEalingRanger

Has SWP found his level? on 19:25 - Aug 18 by gigiisourgod

No. Barton has found his level. SWP still out of his depth and getting selected because of his reputation. If he was an unknown signed from Rochdale he would be nowhere near the team.

Agreed. Barton looks very comfortable in the Championship as opposed to the prem where he is far more easily bullied by superior players. In the champ he is incredibly useful.
Login to get fewer ads

Has SWP found his level? on 20:03 - Aug 18 with 1960 viewsted_hendrix

Has SWP found his level? on 19:26 - Aug 18 by BlackCrowe

I thought he was good yesterday. And we would not have won the game yesterday without his trickery and cross for the goal.

During the second half yesterday I actually said I wished he would do a couple of defenders and score as I think it would do his confidence the world of good.
I so want him to do well this season but If truth be told he's been a big flop for us.
I'll stick with him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Has SWP found his level? on 20:07 - Aug 18 with 1946 viewsWestonsuperR

1 goal in 54 appreances from an attacking mid-fielder (who absolutely loves a shot) says all you need to know really. Not convinced he will be any more than average in this league.
Has SWP found his level? on 20:16 - Aug 18 with 1918 viewsDylanP

Has SWP found his level? on 19:25 - Aug 18 by gigiisourgod

I don't buy that at all. We have players with much bigger reputations who can't get a game. Cesar, for instance. I see no reason to believe that 'arry is being bullied by SWP's reputation. That is absurd.

Has SWP found his level? on 20:26 - Aug 18 with 1898 viewsPommyhoop

Has SWP found his level? on 20:16 - Aug 18 by DylanP

I don't buy that at all. We have players with much bigger reputations who can't get a game. Cesar, for instance. I see no reason to believe that 'arry is being bullied by SWP's reputation. That is absurd.

Agree totally and you just beat me to it.Total rubbish to say 'Arry is picking him on reputation.This might of been true under Warnock and then Hughes(especially with their Citeh connection) but any rep SWP had then has been totally wiped out. He's being picked because we are short in that area and he's needed to do a job.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Has SWP found his level? on 20:29 - Aug 18 with 1890 viewssoupandhoop

Has SWP found his level? on 19:18 - Aug 18 by hoopdog

Dont think anybody can say he didn't put a shift in

exelant yesterday
Has SWP found his level? on 20:41 - Aug 18 with 1856 viewsgigiisourgod

Has SWP found his level? on 20:26 - Aug 18 by Pommyhoop

Agree totally and you just beat me to it.Total rubbish to say 'Arry is picking him on reputation.This might of been true under Warnock and then Hughes(especially with their Citeh connection) but any rep SWP had then has been totally wiped out. He's being picked because we are short in that area and he's needed to do a job.

He would not be getting in the team in front of G.O.N for my money on performances in the last 2 years.
Has SWP found his level? on 20:45 - Aug 18 with 1847 viewsTW_R

Has SWP found his level? on 19:41 - Aug 18 by gigiisourgod

Not an easy target at all. The bloke grafts and puts in a shift. But the truth is he has seemingly lost confidence in himself to beat a man and his goals have dried up. Without this end product he is a terrible football player. Yes he works hard and will never get grief from the stands from me as long as he is working his hardest, but he's seemingly lost a yard and his confidence and IMO would be nowhere near the team if it was not for his reputation. He won us the game yesterday and fair play for that, but similarly to the Scum match it disguises the fact he had another shocker especially second half. Touch of a conference player. 30M transfer fee and however many England caps so obviously has something and I can't wait to be proved wrong, but from what I have seen of him in a QPR shirt should be nowhere near the team.

I know. What does he think he's doing bringing the ball down, beating his man, running to the touch line like that and playing a lovely ball to Austin which ultimately set up our goal. The bloody idiot!!
Has SWP found his level? on 20:50 - Aug 18 with 1837 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Has SWP found his level? on 20:03 - Aug 18 by ted_hendrix

During the second half yesterday I actually said I wished he would do a couple of defenders and score as I think it would do his confidence the world of good.
I so want him to do well this season but If truth be told he's been a big flop for us.
I'll stick with him.

Agree entirely Ted, new season, new start - what's happened in the past just helps me level my expectations accordingly. And that is why I've been so surprised by him so far, against Owls and now Ipy I think he has really put in a shift and done some decent play. His real threat is now Gary O'Neal, who I thought looked like he should be starting when fully match fit.
Has SWP found his level? on 21:57 - Aug 18 with 1754 viewsCHUBBS

The early performances for us were truly outstanding and if that useless sack of shit had taken the chances he laid on for him his fragile confidence may not have been shattered.
Sadly though e's cut from the same cloth as Bothroyd,tons of ability with the heart of a mouse.
However if he regains some confidence again he'd be too good for this division so we can only hope!
Has SWP found his level? on 09:56 - Aug 19 with 1614 viewsBasingstokeR

When he actually went towards the line rather than run towards and into the defenders we scored.

Show him our goal and tell him to run to the line and put the ball back every time, the variation be a cut in and shot - not the other way round.
Has SWP found his level? on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 1597 viewsfakekerby

I'm certainly not a massive fan, but at this level he should have a far more positive impact, even if it's just as a super sub using his pace.

If he could score one or two I think he would actually go on to finish up with around 10 in the season... but the longer it takes for the first goal to go in the more likely he'll just resort to last season's form. Unfortunately the ball always seems to be drawn to the post or row Z whenever SWP shoots.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024