Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Sunday 16:47 - Aug 24 with 8312 viewsTheClash

For the first time since we joined the Premier league I don't think we will get anything from Spurs.

I feel we don't look as composed as we have in our first two seasons. I aways think we have a chance no matter how slim but this time, not a chance. Maybe I am wrong but we seem to have too many stray passes and vunrable at the back even against Petrolski expensivakov on Thursday I was worried when they attacked at the amount of space they created for a poor side. I am always a positive person when it comes to the Swans but something doesn't seem right to me.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Spurs Sunday on 17:05 - Aug 24 with 6855 viewsraynor94

You are always positive, and then make a post like that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Spurs Sunday on 17:09 - Aug 24 with 6829 viewsTheClash

Spurs Sunday on 17:05 - Aug 24 by raynor94

You are always positive, and then make a post like that

I am just following your lead ,and I am being serious

Spurs Sunday on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 6826 viewsdgt73

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Spurs Sunday on 17:11 - Aug 24 with 6808 viewsJackoBoostardo

Oh hey! Look!

A downer thread!

[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 17:15]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Spurs Sunday on 17:11 - Aug 24 with 6805 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've no idea what you've seen in the four competitive games we've played this season to bring you to those conclusions. We've looked a little loose at the back on occasion but these things can be ironed out especially this early in the season.

Poll: Tory leader

Spurs Sunday on 17:14 - Aug 24 with 6777 viewsraynor94

Spurs Sunday on 17:09 - Aug 24 by TheClash

I am just following your lead ,and I am being serious

You keep your thoughts to yourself, i can`t see much wrong with us at all, tough game, but i think we`ll give them a good go

Spurs Sunday on 17:15 - Aug 24 with 6776 viewsDarran

Obviously unlike the last two season where we've got something at WHL then.

F*ck me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Spurs Sunday on 17:42 - Aug 24 with 6664 viewsdeanscfc

Our defence is my worry too.

I think in the past we have played a posession game which slightly flatters our defenders and keeper. Now Laudrup wants us to have more edge - we have players like Shelvey making more attacking balls and the full backs pushing up and it is inevitably going to leave us more exposed. Our defenders are good but they're not top class and good teams will catch us out just like Man Utd did (where at times our defence was terrible). In all other games v ManU we have been much tighter.

Lets hope they can work hard and ease those doubts.
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs Sunday on 17:50 - Aug 24 with 6628 viewsDr_Winston

The players are good enough. Organisation is a little shabby at the moment.

Early days yet though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Spurs Sunday on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 6625 viewsmonmouth

If you think we've got problems have a look at the Scouse Brummie s**te currently being played. Lamberts crew have one tactic, boot it long to Ben f***ing Ten and Bren's mob pass it sideways for five minutes then give it to Gerryscally who hoofs it 50 yards into touch. We look in pretty good nick from what I've seen so far.

Edit Bollux, as I write that the Binboys score.......arse.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 17:52]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Spurs Sunday on 17:56 - Aug 24 with 6594 viewsTheClash

It is a forum last time I checked where whatever your view or opinion you can share it with other Swans fans, and in turn can comment on that view.

So Raynor I can say what ever the f*ck I like you don't have to reply if you don't want to, and if you could offer something other than your trolling comments I might begin to think you were a fellow Swans fan with a sense of humour.

Spurs Sunday on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 6589 viewsskippyjack

How come only now you've all noticed it .. you obviously all know your stuff.

Our back four are alright anyway.. even if we play well.. we'll be lucky to get anything.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Spurs Sunday on 18:22 - Aug 24 with 6492 viewsJokeren1943

Spurs Sunday on 17:42 - Aug 24 by deanscfc

Our defence is my worry too.

I think in the past we have played a posession game which slightly flatters our defenders and keeper. Now Laudrup wants us to have more edge - we have players like Shelvey making more attacking balls and the full backs pushing up and it is inevitably going to leave us more exposed. Our defenders are good but they're not top class and good teams will catch us out just like Man Utd did (where at times our defence was terrible). In all other games v ManU we have been much tighter.

Lets hope they can work hard and ease those doubts.

We had one of the very best defenses last season in PL. But we have add Canas which is atleast as good as Britton (and better then Ki and Augustin). Shelvey is also a far better defender then Guzman.

And we have add both Bony and Shelvey who are excellent headers so we will be much better at set pieces.

Let Swansea play a few matchs and our defense will be excellent (again)
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 18:24]
Spurs Sunday on 18:32 - Aug 24 with 6432 viewsPacemaker

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/8/24/4651190/tottenham-hotspur-previews

Spurs not so confident

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Spurs Sunday on 18:42 - Aug 24 with 6396 viewsraynor94

Spurs Sunday on 17:56 - Aug 24 by TheClash

It is a forum last time I checked where whatever your view or opinion you can share it with other Swans fans, and in turn can comment on that view.

So Raynor I can say what ever the f*ck I like you don't have to reply if you don't want to, and if you could offer something other than your trolling comments I might begin to think you were a fellow Swans fan with a sense of humour.

Hang on you are writing us off before the season has hardly started, and are accusing me of lacking a sense of humour, so your op was meant lightheartedly

Spurs Sunday on 19:02 - Aug 24 with 6330 viewsPureRockFury

We're definitely more open in our play as Laudrup further imposes his ideas on the team. Under Rodgers we kept the ball so much it was like a comfort blanket that meant our defence was well-protected against most teams; it felt safe behind that wall of controlled possession and short passes.

These days we're aiming to step up the difficulty level a bit and be more open and brazen in our forward play and yes, it can be a bit unnerving to see the spaces open up in our half and the greater element of risk in our play, but to be fair, a game against the champions is hardly the reference point for our season so we shouldn't get full of doubts just because RVP et al cut us open with ease on a number of occasions - it'll happen to better teams than us.

Even the bad times were good.

Spurs Sunday on 19:15 - Aug 24 with 6294 viewsCatullus

Spurs Sunday on 19:02 - Aug 24 by PureRockFury

We're definitely more open in our play as Laudrup further imposes his ideas on the team. Under Rodgers we kept the ball so much it was like a comfort blanket that meant our defence was well-protected against most teams; it felt safe behind that wall of controlled possession and short passes.

These days we're aiming to step up the difficulty level a bit and be more open and brazen in our forward play and yes, it can be a bit unnerving to see the spaces open up in our half and the greater element of risk in our play, but to be fair, a game against the champions is hardly the reference point for our season so we shouldn't get full of doubts just because RVP et al cut us open with ease on a number of occasions - it'll happen to better teams than us.

Totally agree PRF. Besides, it's far too early in the season to be making such a big judgement. Lets give them a month eh?
The new players need that long to settle in properly. And the others need to learn about their new comrades too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Spurs Sunday on 20:43 - Aug 24 with 6090 viewsShins

I guess you've been reading this then?:

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/8/24/4647202/tottenham-hotspur-swansea-

#ISTAYFORTHE90

Spurs Sunday on 20:53 - Aug 24 with 6059 viewsskippyjack

What is ML going to do tomorrow.. sit back and soak it up.. or go for it. What do you all think or hope.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Spurs Sunday on 21:13 - Aug 24 with 5982 viewsmikecph

There is a good chance that we will lose tomorrow - but to go from there and start to read all kind of doomsday predictions into it I think is a little pessimistic. Could it be that we might lose just because we are facing another great team? Imo Swansea is looking as good as ever and as soon as we get the first 4-5 league games out of the way we will start to prove it too. Let's not get overwhelmed with pessimism until then eh? :P
Spurs Sunday on 21:18 - Aug 24 with 5948 viewsDarran

Spurs Sunday on 21:13 - Aug 24 by mikecph

There is a good chance that we will lose tomorrow - but to go from there and start to read all kind of doomsday predictions into it I think is a little pessimistic. Could it be that we might lose just because we are facing another great team? Imo Swansea is looking as good as ever and as soon as we get the first 4-5 league games out of the way we will start to prove it too. Let's not get overwhelmed with pessimism until then eh? :P

Don't be so positive FFS we have played four games this season and lost one to the best team in Britain last season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Spurs Sunday on 21:21 - Aug 24 with 5936 viewsPozuelosSideys

Spurs Sunday on 21:13 - Aug 24 by mikecph

After a while of being here, youll realise that theres a small element of negative, whiney, defeatist types amongst our fanbase. Im glad they were few and far between when Petty was around or there'd be no club there for them to whinge about.

All this has come from Man Utd putting away their chances in the opener with some magnificent finishing and our backline being in Lalaland.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Spurs Sunday on 21:23 - Aug 24 with 5925 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sit back and soak it up and hit on the break. The correct tactics against Spurs especially if Rose and Walker play as they like to get forward. Chance of catching them napping. They looked good against that rubbish in Georgia.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Spurs Sunday on 01:31 - Aug 25 with 5650 viewsDalePie

Nah, Spurs had to grind that win out to Palace last week. It wasn't the walk over you might have expected. If we can work out a draw or something, take that point and get above Cardiff / Palace (Maybe even Newcastle???) jobs a goodun.

Anyway, it gets a little easier from here on in anyway. No more top 5 teams for a handful of weeks anyway. Plenty of time to stick a few points on the board and start this season moving forward.

Weirdly enough i see West Brom as a hard game. They are looking very good this season, dare i say it Liverpool too. Still, we are right there in the mix as a team who have developed nicely too so it's all good.

If you think we have it tough try being a Cardiff or Palace supporter. One of them is going to do a QPR and stay welded to the bottom, my money is on Palace personally. I think Mr Miyagi (Or whatever he's called) will open his chequebook if it's not working for Cardiff by January.

Anyway, main point is we got this. Top 10 (Or that neck of the woods anyway) is a realistic goal for us.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 1:34]
Spurs Sunday on 01:38 - Aug 25 with 5639 viewsSmellyplumz

Could be worse

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024