Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria 08:39 - Aug 26 with 10781 viewsGloucs_R

What is everyones views? Personally, I dont think we should get involved. Let the Arab states and other muslim countries sort it out. We keep doing others work and this time I think there will be massive repercussions should we go into Syria. Leave them to it. As horrific as it is (chemical weapons) for once I think we need to let others deal with it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Syria on 14:03 - Aug 27 with 1391 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Secular Government or Religious fanatics? I know who I'd back. (if I had to)

The rebels are even fighting each other yet we are clamouring to aid them I smell something pungent like...Saudi Gas...

EDIT meant pipeline not poison.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 14:19]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Syria on 13:20 - Aug 28 with 1326 viewsCharlie1

Well, draft resolution from UK going to the UN so we are going in.

Just reading the Ruskies statement and I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I think they are right.

The international community has to go in and do something ie bomb these weapons.

But a full scale invasion, no way. We just don't have all the facts yet.

2:59 baby!

Syria on 14:24 - Aug 28 with 1309 viewszicoshoops

Now it turns out that the Saudi's 'secretly' offered Russia a deal to control the global oil markets and safeguard Russian gas contracts, if The Kremlin stops backing Assad.

I wonder how us and the USA will react to that?

One things for sure, while fingers are being pointed people will carry on dying, and Crocodile tears will continue to be shed.

It's all about the money.............As per usual.
Syria on 15:11 - Aug 28 with 1276 viewsHollowayRanger

its an arab state and should be dealt with by the regional arab states

why is it down to us yet again more tax payers money wasted more soldiers put at risk more blood on our nations hands id like to see our mp's put in first see how quickly they change thier minds about wasting our soldiers lives

we dont even know whos chemical weapons they are do we?

like i said before would we be happy if iran or the like invaded n.ireland to keep the peace there?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Syria on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 1254 viewsBromleyHoop

Syria on 15:11 - Aug 28 by HollowayRanger

its an arab state and should be dealt with by the regional arab states

why is it down to us yet again more tax payers money wasted more soldiers put at risk more blood on our nations hands id like to see our mp's put in first see how quickly they change thier minds about wasting our soldiers lives

we dont even know whos chemical weapons they are do we?

like i said before would we be happy if iran or the like invaded n.ireland to keep the peace there?

I am convinced that the only reason that the West is suddenly getting involved is not particularly because Assad is gassing his own people but that they want to ensure that the chemical weapons do not fall into the wrong hands ie Al Q.

I'd be amazed if they put troops onto the ground in any great number. I think they'll destroy the gas and anything else that Assad's got that he shouldn't and then withdraw and let them get on with it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Syria on 16:06 - Aug 28 with 1245 viewsjamois

History shows we only get involved in anything if it benefits us, strategically or otherwise, to do so. Mass slaughter has occurred in many parts of the World for many decades, take a number of African states for example, but it's rarely reported and we do not involve ourselves. Rest assured, if there's something to be gained here, such as, at the very least, cleaning up a mess we helped to create, then involved we shall be.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Syria on 20:46 - Aug 28 with 1213 viewsTheBlob

Syria on 15:58 - Aug 28 by BromleyHoop

I am convinced that the only reason that the West is suddenly getting involved is not particularly because Assad is gassing his own people but that they want to ensure that the chemical weapons do not fall into the wrong hands ie Al Q.

I'd be amazed if they put troops onto the ground in any great number. I think they'll destroy the gas and anything else that Assad's got that he shouldn't and then withdraw and let them get on with it.

Scuds can reach Israel with the minimum of fuss.Trouble is with the shiny new ABM system- Iron Dome- is you fragment chemical/bacilli carrying warheads.
It's all about the defence of Israel.You have a look at the names on the US Defence staff and tell me it ain't so.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Syria on 00:49 - Aug 29 with 1183 viewsCanadaRanger

List of postings and some sources

http://news.yahoo.com/syrians--facebook-posts-illustrate-tragedy-of-chemical-wea
Login to get fewer ads

Syria on 12:09 - Aug 29 with 1134 viewsWarfieldHoop

Immediate action if voted for has now been delayed after pressure from Labour to wait for the results of the UN inspectors. Probably a wise move even though we all know beyond doubt that chemical weapons were indeed used.

The general consensus I'm getting is that people want the west to negotiate with Assad but surely that time has long passed. Assad won't negotiate and agree a regime change when he knows he'll be seen as backing down (think Gadaffi and Mubarak before - they fought until they were overrun) and almost certainly ending up in the Hague. If he were to negotiate then I can only see him doing so if offered exile somewhere. It could be a means to an end but where's the justice in that? Anyway, it's a very unlikely outcome imo.

Military strikes on Assad's bases and weapons factories etc could eventually cripple him if they hit the right places and destroy his weaponry but will be a huge risk as we don't know how Russia will react. It's been reported this morning that Russia are reinforcing their fleet in the Med whilst we're sending RAF Typhoons to Cyprus in case of retaliation. If the strikes go ahead and Russia stands firm with Syria then it could lead to a major naval engagement. And then whilst this is going on what happens between Israel and Iran/Lebanon/Hezbollah?

If we launch strikes then Cameron will be damned by some for leading us into yet another conflict. If we don't launch strikes or take any real action then he will be damned by those for sitting back and just watching it all happen.

Whatever happens, Syria's gone.
Syria on 09:48 - Aug 30 with 1079 viewsCanadaRanger

The debate...

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2013-08-29a.1425.2&s=speaker%3A10228#g
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024