Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without the rose tinted glasses 15:40 - Sep 1 with 21654 viewsGeoffThom

Lets have an honest assessment of bony today ,and not because we've signed a 12 mill player he's got to be good, a real head thinking not heart assessment of his display and I'll kick it off he was terrible today
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:17 - Sep 1 with 2975 viewswr72

I'm wondering where Gylffi would play in our team now.He'd be better off sticking at Spurs,he'll get more game time,i think.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:17 - Sep 1 with 2975 viewsGeoffThom

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:14 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Thanks. Clearly you did very little of that in school if your spelling and grammar is anything to go by.

Then again, you can't tell the difference between Jason Scotland and Andrea Orlandi so i'm not really sure why i'm thanking you.

Tut tut sonny. Long time since I went to school ,is that the best you got since people are starting to disagree with you ,sad
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:18 - Sep 1 with 2968 viewsJokeren1943

Without the rose tinted glasses on 16:53 - Sep 1 by Davillin

Rossshaw is the only one making objective sense because almost everyone else is arguing something different: Was he good today? Was he good yesterday? Will he be good tomorrow? Is he a good player? Etc.

In my humble opinion he was not at his best today because he was too often standing near the "D" between two opponents, waiting for a pass, and when it came, he passed it straight back.

Does that mean he's not a good striker? No. Does that mean that he won't fit in better as he learns the other players' strengths? No.

We need to give him a bit more time before we strike him off the roster.

Forgive the hard words here -> Regarding those who do not appreciate the original post, that's the PlanetSwans way - someone always finds someone [or two] to examine from a negative viewpoint. Live with it by either contributing or reading another thread.

Although I will say that today Bony made more of a contribution in the last 20 minutes of the game than he did in the first 70.

He made room for Davies today so he could score, by attracting defenders. That is good enough for me.

Three players were covering Bony during the first goal.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2013 17:22]
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:19 - Sep 1 with 2966 viewswr72

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:17 - Sep 1 by Molliemick

Wr72: just like his miss against Man Utd when he headed wide from four yards?

Dear god.Is everyone a Cardiff fan on this thread or what?
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:19 - Sep 1 with 2962 viewsGeoffThom

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:19 - Sep 1 by wr72

Dear god.Is everyone a Cardiff fan on this thread or what?

Truth hurts
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:21 - Sep 1 with 2972 viewswr72

Ah balls to it.I give up.You win.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:24 - Sep 1 with 2960 viewsPozuelosSideys

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:17 - Sep 1 by GeoffThom

Tut tut sonny. Long time since I went to school ,is that the best you got since people are starting to disagree with you ,sad

Not really. I've rinsed you countless times already on this thread alone. I'm bored of it.

I will instead look forward to the threads made in January by the likes of Jackfath complaining about "idiots in the stand behind me always moaning about Bony despite him having scored 3 times in this game already today"

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:27 - Sep 1 with 2945 viewsGeoffThom

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:24 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Not really. I've rinsed you countless times already on this thread alone. I'm bored of it.

I will instead look forward to the threads made in January by the likes of Jackfath complaining about "idiots in the stand behind me always moaning about Bony despite him having scored 3 times in this game already today"

Jesus lets hope so or we will see loads of people complaining at the lack of movement by our forward
Login to get fewer ads

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:33 - Sep 1 with 2934 viewsMolliemick

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:18 - Sep 1 by Jokeren1943

He made room for Davies today so he could score, by attracting defenders. That is good enough for me.

Three players were covering Bony during the first goal.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2013 17:22]

Joker: just watched the goals again. None of the supposed three defenders were drawn out of position by Bony since none were looking at or shadowing him!
Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:34 - Sep 1 with 2930 viewsDavillin

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:14 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Thanks. Clearly you did very little of that in school if your spelling and grammar is anything to go by.

Then again, you can't tell the difference between Jason Scotland and Andrea Orlandi so i'm not really sure why i'm thanking you.

Oops! Glass houses and stone-throwers.

"if your spelling and grammar ARE anything to go by."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:35 - Sep 1 with 2922 viewsGeoffThom

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:34 - Sep 1 by Davillin

He he
Without the rose tinted glasses on 18:24 - Sep 1 with 2888 viewsJackFish

I thought he was a bit hit and miss today, two lovely bits of play though, the control, strength and turn in the first half that got their player booked, and in the second half he outmuscled Olsson and got him booked too. His touch is pretty heavy though, which resulted in him giving the ball away a few times, but he's already scored four for us and had one incorrectly disallowed for offside, so if he can keep up anything like that level of scoring I'm not too fussed what the rest of his game is like.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 18:28 - Sep 1 with 2880 viewsJackfath

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:24 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Why bring me into this?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Sep 1 with 2857 viewsRamblinJack

Without the rose tinted glasses on 15:53 - Sep 1 by grimsbyjack

Why are you speechless?
This is a forum and everyone`s entitled to their own opinions.
Whether you agree or disagree is immaterial.

What has being speechless to do with freedom of speech?

As plenty others have mentioned i think Bony and Michu linked up well and Bony made plenty good runs only to be let down by a poor final pass.

Laudrup seems to ease him into the team and the Prem and that's fine. Not need to rush him and for what I have seen he's only getting better by the minute.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2013 18:56]
Without the rose tinted glasses on 18:56 - Sep 1 with 2840 viewsBig_Jules

Getting better game by game is my current assessment, plenty more to come from this guy! without doub!
Without the rose tinted glasses on 18:57 - Sep 1 with 2833 viewsJokeren1943

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:33 - Sep 1 by Molliemick

Joker: just watched the goals again. None of the supposed three defenders were drawn out of position by Bony since none were looking at or shadowing him!

Don<t agree, 3 defenders is just around Bony (within a meter), 1 covering Michu and the last defender is standing on the right of the keeper - 3-4 meters from Davies.

Would all three have been there if it was Britton? They have been told to have the extra eye on Bony (and Michu).

[Post edited 1 Sep 2013 19:00]
Without the rose tinted glasses on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 2821 viewsRamblinJack

In what ways was he "terrible" and "very disapointing" today?
Without the rose tinted glasses on 19:16 - Sep 1 with 2811 viewsexiledclaseboy

Did well enough, linked up well with Michu but still looks a bit off the pace and his first touch lets him down sometimes. Give him time ffs.

Poll: Tory leader

Without the rose tinted glasses on 20:23 - Sep 1 with 2759 viewsPozuelosSideys

Without the rose tinted glasses on 17:34 - Sep 1 by Davillin

Answer my question.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Without the rose tinted glasses on 20:50 - Sep 1 with 2723 viewstomdickharry

God help us the guy has only been in this country for about a month,new team,new tactics,better standard of play that he was previously used to very good signing in my book.Just look at the 3 multi million pounds super stars signed by Spurs at a joint cost of approx £50m against Arsenal today,the moaners would have a field day with these 3.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 21:58 - Sep 1 with 2656 viewsmawdlamjack

give him a chance to get fit, injury free and settle in, he's scored a few already, and will get better and he's already better than anyone we've had before except for bob latchford

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Without the rose tinted glasses on 22:06 - Sep 1 with 2641 viewsepaul

Is this thread real! ffs obviously some weren't there today to see the wider picture, Bony did fine

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Without the rose tinted glasses on 22:07 - Sep 1 with 2636 viewsDarran

I think Geoffs had a bit of a mare.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Without the rose tinted glasses on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 2619 viewsGeoffThom

Without the rose tinted glasses on 22:07 - Sep 1 by Darran

I think Geoffs had a bit of a mare.

Shut it numb nuts your the only mare on here
Without the rose tinted glasses on 05:04 - Sep 2 with 2580 viewsJoeSoccerFan

I came away with something very valuable from this thread, the term "spunk bubbles". I can't wait to call someone that!

My opinion on Bony based not on today but on the other matches that I've seen (including the Ivory Coast match against Mexico) is that he has some desirable attributes (such as clinical finishing, combines well with others, big body in the box) and a few concerning (such as limited acceleration, can have a rough first touch when controlling the ball). But, I think he can be valuable for us and I'm not willing to be quick to judgment on him 3 games into the PL.

just my opinion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024