Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans action 12:28 - Sep 7 with 25997 viewsBelfast

They has been a number of issues this season as the club has grown, some superficial I would say, but the main concern seems to be untrained staff at the club, and a lack of vision which directly affects income streams and more directly the fans who pay the wages, salaries etc ... To an extent.

The board may well have run its course, or - it may well be planning now to upgrade its thinking to compete more logically with supporter reaction. So - what would it take for the supporters to take a more direct approach to the problems raised this year ?

Are the board that untouchable that they feel nobody would directly tackle certain ineptitude, i mean they saved the club etc .... That no matter what went wrong on the surface they are kept safe from a more stronger fans reaction.

Just a thought. What would it take ?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 12:29]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Fans action on 20:19 - Sep 7 with 3360 viewsepaul

Fans action on 19:49 - Sep 7 by Catullus

In my case, and maybe I'm alone, it wouldn't matter if we were playing Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG in the group stages. I cannot afford the £60 for the three tickets and right now I will probably only be going to the Valencia game.
I went to the first two games, I had the spare cash. But it's been a difficult few weeks and now cash is tight. If things change before the games and I can afford it I will go to all three. But match by match, which will cost £80.
Sometimes, just sometimes, people aren't moaning just because they can. Sometimes they have a valid point.
And no doubt, because I cannot afford all three group games, someone will come along and label me plastic.

Your last line, your not far wrong, I could have bought a season, but I couldnt afford to travel home for the games, I accept my situation as I can get tickets for most games and yes I do tend to pick and choose, I try to go to what away games I can and am happy enough at the ticket prices, its the way its is economic forces and footie being full of greedy b*stards lol
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 20:19]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fans action on 20:30 - Sep 7 with 3334 viewsSpratty

I have always found the staff in the ticket office really helpful however that often does not translate into a resolution without repeated calls. I feel there is more an issue in some cases with having logical and effective processes and for e.g. proper linkup between for instance the ticket office and website. Especially in regard to getting information out.

I was particularly aggrieved after going to every COC game, buying my ticket for the final as soon as they were on sale but being allocated some of the worst seats in the price category (still fine but not the point). When we were told they would be allocated on a best available in order of purchase. Then having them delivered at the very last minute when those who bought the tickets right at the end had their tickets straight away. Again having to repeatedly phone the ticket office to chase them up. Also could only pick seat on price category not location which was unsatisfactory.

Also in the above case the ticket office could often not confirm what was going on as they were not responsible for the issue of tickets and I had to insist they found out.

Now the above may be a one off case which was reviewed but it is an example that regardless of how friendly and helpful the ticket office staff are if decent and logical processes are not in place to support them then it makes their life difficult and gives poor customer service. It is also inefficient from a business point of view.

This may not seem so important when demand outstrips supply but this may not always be the case - especially if we expand. Given the nature and history of our club it also does not seem a reasonable way to treat the fans.
Fans action on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 3328 viewsJackfath

I bought the three tickets at £60 as I thought it good value and was happy to pay that to see my team play in Europe, regardless of the opposition.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fans action on 20:34 - Sep 7 with 3320 viewsSpratty

Fans action on 15:57 - Sep 7 by Phaedrus

Who is going to run the new club after the revolution? Who is to say they will do any better a job? This is like Animal Farm(George Orwell version)

More like Babe the underpig comes out on top and produces a stunning performance on the field.

This thread is obviously not suggesting a coup d'etat.

More that the club in some areas needs to put in place more efficient and customer focused policies. Which can actually result in cost savings and ongoing financial health / growth from a business point of view. Great in some areas, could improve significantly in others with relatively small and cost effective changes.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 10:09]
Fans action on 20:38 - Sep 7 with 3313 viewsouttolunch

Fans action on 18:35 - Sep 7 by Belfast

They, along with many others, inc supporters trust and non board have shares, certain directors run the business, its is not owned by them.

Silly comment ?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 18:37]

Yes silly comment. Only one shareholder is not a director btw. 3 directors arent shareholders. The business is run by directors /shareholders who are trusted by the others to do so and to be honest they have done a decent job.
9th in prem
Major cup winners
Europe

Get your banner out. I wont be marching with u tho
Fans action on 21:00 - Sep 7 with 3280 viewsBelfast

Fans action on 20:38 - Sep 7 by outtolunch

Yes silly comment. Only one shareholder is not a director btw. 3 directors arent shareholders. The business is run by directors /shareholders who are trusted by the others to do so and to be honest they have done a decent job.
9th in prem
Major cup winners
Europe

Get your banner out. I wont be marching with u tho

I merely posted this thread for a discussion regards what the thresholds may be for fans to get restless.

At no point have I proposed marching or banners.

You actually agree with my point regards club ownership, read back thru what was being discussed. You should have thought for a while before you jumped on to my discussion with Baker, problem is your response gives the impression your a bit slow off the mark.

PS .... If I march anywhere for a cause, I want people to understand what that cause is.
And not just have a mish mash idea.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 12:03]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Fans action on 02:26 - Sep 8 with 3201 viewsjackforever

Fans action on 17:02 - Sep 7 by lifelong

Mind, I bet a load of Tesco customers are moaning and bleating about it, wanting something for nothing probably.

Anyway, I've bought my 3 tickets at a tenner each...... BARGAIN.

The irony of someone paying 30 quid for three games claiming that 60 quid for three games is a good deal isnt lost on me.
Fans action on 09:38 - Sep 8 with 3146 viewsPhaedrus

So if the fans are getting restless, towards what course of action is this unrest leading?
( I'm assuming here that Planetswans is an accurate cross section of all Swansea fans, and not a collection of neurotic serial whingers)
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 9:40]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans action on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 3139 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fans action on 09:38 - Sep 8 by Phaedrus

So if the fans are getting restless, towards what course of action is this unrest leading?
( I'm assuming here that Planetswans is an accurate cross section of all Swansea fans, and not a collection of neurotic serial whingers)

Some strong words and introspective angst on the internet I reckon. Yeah, look out "da man".

Poll: Tory leader

Fans action on 09:42 - Sep 8 with 3136 viewsPhaedrus

The board are now "da man". Never saw that coming.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Fans action on 09:43 - Sep 8 with 3132 viewsEuropaJack

March. lets march

Blog: Diplomatic - But Time To Bin International Friendlies

Fans action on 10:06 - Sep 8 with 3101 viewsUxbridge

I'd rather hope it'd lead to the club addressing the fan concerns.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fans action on 10:23 - Sep 8 with 3082 viewsSpratty

Fans action on 10:06 - Sep 8 by Uxbridge

I'd rather hope it'd lead to the club addressing the fan concerns.

Bingo.

Not revolution as suggested by others. Just addressing areas of weakness that can be improved quite simply and to the benefit of the business and customers (or club and fans as some of us prefer to call them).
Fans action on 10:56 - Sep 8 with 3060 viewsPhaedrus

So its about the fans getting what they think they deserve then?

Fans action on 11:11 - Sep 8 with 3040 viewsUxbridge

Fans action on 10:56 - Sep 8 by Phaedrus

So its about the fans getting what they think they deserve then?

It's about the fans being considered.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fans action on 11:36 - Sep 8 with 3021 viewsPhil_S

I have a feeling that Thursday's forum could be one of the liveliest on the non football side
Fans action on 11:37 - Sep 8 with 3017 viewsjackonicko

In my view, the club stopped being a 'fans owned' club a couple of years ago.

The club decided to be more commercial, and therefore the board cannot expect the leeway they got before. If you treat fans just as customers, you should expect questions to be asked by those customers - just like any other business when they are not getting the service they pay for.
Fans action on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 2999 viewsPhaedrus

It was never owned by the fans. It was always 20% owned by the fans. This is the distortion of reality that I have alluded to. When did the facts blur into the unreality?

Fans action on 11:51 - Sep 8 with 2993 viewsEuropaJack

Fans action on 11:49 - Sep 8 by Phaedrus

It was never owned by the fans. It was always 20% owned by the fans. This is the distortion of reality that I have alluded to. When did the facts blur into the unreality?

what bollocks. it has always been lauded as a club owned by the fans completely because of the likes of jenkins dineen and morgan. the moment it stopped being run by fans was when they started drawing large salaries from the club then it became a business

Blog: Diplomatic - But Time To Bin International Friendlies

Fans action on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 2986 viewsPhaedrus

Lauded by whom?

Fans action on 11:54 - Sep 8 with 2974 viewsPhaedrus

Europa Jack makes my point for me, this now the accepted reality. Public perception has become fact.

Fans action on 11:54 - Sep 8 with 2965 viewsPhaedrus

Fans action on 11:36 - Sep 8 by Phil_S

I have a feeling that Thursday's forum could be one of the liveliest on the non football side

The only course of action that I can see for those who want to have a bigger say is to get active in the trust. That is the way to effect change.

Fans action on 11:55 - Sep 8 with 2961 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fans action on 11:49 - Sep 8 by Phaedrus

Well that's clearly not true. Huw Jenkins et al were fans of the club before they bought it. Indeed, that's why they bought it. Hence "owned by fans".

Fans action on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 2957 viewsPhaedrus

OK so HJ not a fan any more then? You cant have it both ways. It either never was, or it still is run by fans.

Fans action on 11:58 - Sep 8 with 2949 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fans action on 11:57 - Sep 8 by Phaedrus

OK so HJ not a fan any more then? You cant have it both ways. It either never was, or it still is run by fans.

I think the point is that it's still being run by fans but not necessarily in the best interests of "the fans". But this is all really semantics.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024