Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP 16:16 - Oct 2 with 4932 viewsmakaveli1882

Hi all, has anyone on here been to Hong Kong, I am flying out from December 12th - 23rd, first time to Asia not inc the likes of Turkey.

My Mrs is a nanny and will be working a lot of the time while we are out there during the day, so we will mostly being doing stuff during the night when she has finished but hoping she will get 2 or 3 days off also.

Got a real nice 5* hotel booked in Lan Kwai Fong which I think is meant to be central and the trendy busy part, but other than that I'm pretty clueless on the whole place, so if there are any R's who live out there or who have visited then any feed back is very much appreciated!

also have stop over's in Dubai on both way out and way back which again is a new place, my friend who lives out there will pick me up from the airport both times one is for 8 hours the next is about 17 hours ... so if any has any recommendations for my quick visit there then again very much appreciated.

£300 in total by the way for hotel and flights
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 16:15 - Oct 3 with 948 viewsmakaveli1882

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 15:59 - Oct 3 by wombat

they all do dave then zambuccas take effect then beer then you lose your mobile , your wallet , then its the slippery slope towards facebook abuse late at night

dave weve been there before mate !!!

you coming to wigan ?

haha I take it I told what happened after Yeovil then

going Burnley not sure on Wigan yet, you driving up ? might ask Ian what he is doing, haven't really thought much into it
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 20:50 - Oct 3 with 920 viewswombat

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 16:15 - Oct 3 by makaveli1882

haha I take it I told what happened after Yeovil then

going Burnley not sure on Wigan yet, you driving up ? might ask Ian what he is doing, haven't really thought much into it

Not hears the exploits from Yeovil yet ill see you sat fort hat no doubt

Train up to Wigan lift back with chris couldn't take the time off to go by car both ways so train was the only option

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 16:34 - Dec 10 with 871 viewsmakaveli1882

Hi Lads, just a refresh of this thread as I'm flying out in 2 days.

If anyone has and info tips they would like to add please feel free

Thanks again for all the previous info very much appreciated
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 19:32 - Dec 10 with 836 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hope you have a great time mate. I love hk.
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 22:05 - Dec 10 with 814 viewsMrSheen

Only one useful tip from me - don't get a bus or cab in from the airport. It takes a f***ing age to get through that tunnel to HK island. Take the train to Central.
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 03:05 - Dec 11 with 796 viewsozranger

Just left last Saturday after nearly a month there. First off, ignore the football. It is cheap, I must admit, but the standard is poor and there is also the tint of possible corruption. If you must, head out to one of the lower grades - see the HK FA web site for info - as these are free and sometimes quite fun to watch. Also, if you are in the Wan Chai area then head to Southorn Playground as there are normally two games on of 7-a-side (minature) there. I believe that the 16th is the date of the Final with a golden oldies match beforehand. They play at 7pm and 8pm. The web site is in Chinese (HKMFA).

One thing I did at the airport was to get my return ticket for the train to Hong Kong Station. Then I also picked up my Octopus Card (same as the Oyster Card). Best to download the MTR map on your phone as well. The HK underground is no where near as complicated as that in London, but still handy. The buses are the same as in London, just tap on the way in only. At each stop is a list of the stops that the bus goes to, for each bus that stops at that stop. Also, the buses have an electronic notice at the front to tell you what the next stop is, which helps a lot. Oh, and as you will notice, Hong Kongers tend to queue for everything!

If you want to head to the Peak, take the tram up, but if you want a different view on the way down, take the 15 bus back down. It goes via Wan Chai to Central.

On the Island there are two sets of shopping areas that are for tourists.. Times Sq/Wan Chai/Causeway Bay and near where you are staying around Queens Rd Central. Best to visit them both. I am sure many have already said most of this, but good to re-send it to you at this late stage. Lots of good food outlets and lots of American-type food places. If you are near Southorn Playground, go to the Wan Chai station side and search out the Pizza place there. Enormous, tasty pizza slices for very little.
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 771 viewswombat

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 16:34 - Dec 10 by makaveli1882

Hi Lads, just a refresh of this thread as I'm flying out in 2 days.

If anyone has and info tips they would like to add please feel free

Thanks again for all the previous info very much appreciated

Hasnt she dumped your scrawny arse yet ?

have a great trip mate and ive got odds of 5/1 on the mobile being lost by day 4 dont let me down

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 11:44 - Dec 11 with 766 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, that Octopus card is great. And don't worry about overloading it because you can get back anything left on the card at the Airport on your way home.
Login to get fewer ads

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 18:23 - Dec 11 with 751 viewsmakaveli1882

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 11:44 - Dec 11 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, that Octopus card is great. And don't worry about overloading it because you can get back anything left on the card at the Airport on your way home.

thanks lads for all the info over last 2 days appreciate ......thanks oz
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 20:36 - Dec 11 with 738 viewsozranger

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 18:23 - Dec 11 by makaveli1882

thanks lads for all the info over last 2 days appreciate ......thanks oz

No probs. Have a good trip.

Forgot one thing.. weather. It is not hot, but low to mid teens at night to low to mid 20s in the day, and pretty dry.
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 11:29 - Dec 12 with 718 viewsmakaveli1882

Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 20:36 - Dec 11 by ozranger

No probs. Have a good trip.

Forgot one thing.. weather. It is not hot, but low to mid teens at night to low to mid 20s in the day, and pretty dry.

Thanks again Oz taking a few pairs of shorts so will hopefully get some use of them :)
Hong Kong advice ..... and dubai HELP on 23:56 - Dec 12 with 699 viewsCanadaRanger

I seem to remember that the people of Dubai don't understand The Flintstones...

...but the people of Abu Dhabi Do...
[Post edited 13 Dec 2013 0:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024